Steppa Style's Perpetual Grow Blow Out

Thanks guys!

A quick update...

I did my second flowering flush this past weekend in both tents. I also decided to take the risk and do some very strategic defoliation.

BEFORE...
image36182.jpg

AFTER...
image36181.jpg

The girls have really responded well. Having 5 plants packed into this 3x3 space was shadowing out the lower budding sites

Here are some pics I took last night soon after the HPS lights turned off.

Here is the Matanuska cross. She is loving the defoliation
image7341.jpeg

And the Blueberry looks like she gave one last final stretch and the buds are swelling more and more as the days progress.
image7342.jpeg
image7343.jpeg

Alright, we are at day 47 flowering!.!.!. Two more weeks to go!

Both strains are producing rock hard buds with a smell that fills the room full of pine and lemon.

Let's check up on the Blueberry
image36394.jpg

At first glance it looks like it is ripe and ready, but once you look at the trichomes, we are about 90% cloudy and 10% clear
image36397.jpg

And the Matanuska
image36398.jpg

It is progressing at about the same rate as the Blueberry, 90% cloudy, 10% clear
image36396.jpg

I have flushed the plant three times over the last seven weeks. I will continue to feed for another week, then proceed with a final flush at the beginning of week 9.

Getting ready for the next flowering... Transplanted the Pineapple Chunk to 26.5litre pots. I under estimated the diameter of these pots once full. I need to find a saucer to fit them, but these sheet trays will have to do for now.
image8082.jpeg

Ok, day 50 of flowering and the girls are beginning to show their fall colors. Friday was the last feeding and I will do a full flush using a saponin solution on Tuesday. I may harvest as early as Saturday.

The Blueberry
image8196.jpeg

The Matanuska
image8197.jpeg

Good night girls.

image8395.jpeg

Yesterday, the Matanuska went lights out for 48 hours prior to harvest. I don't think I'll have time to harvest all 5 plants in one day and will spread this out over the weekend. The Blueberry is still is still in the final ripening phase and will come day next Wednesday.

Matanuska Harvest Day!!!

This past Saturday I harvested the Matanuska. The Blueberry will be coming down this Wednesday.

Up first on the chopping block...
image8497.jpeg

I am set for the next 12 hours. I got a case of beer. 12 joints rolled and ready. Season two of the x-files on the AppleTV.
image8498.jpeg

These nugs are looking tasty!
image8499.jpeg

Time to start drying. Total wet weight is 1,323 gram of flower and 900 gram of sugar leaf and popcorn buds for bubble hash.
image8501.jpeg

My new humidity control method gave me a decent 9 day dry. It stayed around 55% RH and 76ºf. After cutting away all visible stems, I am sitting at approx. 12oz of Matanuska and 10oz of Blueberry. Time to put these flowers into the cure jars.

Now we are all caught up to today. Day 2 of flowering for the new girls.

I have begun my little experiment with colloidal silver. I am using the brush method to apply the silver to one lower branch, of one Matanuska. I use a clean paint brush to soak the stem from the base to the tip. I am doing this once in the morning and once in the evening. I am applying approx. 1/2 a teaspoon each application. Once I begin to see balls, I will stop application. I will let this plant continue to chill in this tent until the pollen flowers are about a week away from bursting at that point I will trim this one stem of and keep it alive in a glass of water, far isolated from my grow closet. I'll harvest the pollen then pollinate one stem of Matanuska and one stem of Blueberry. I am only looking to get like maybe 20 of each seeds at the most. I don't need that much.
IMG_38568.JPG
IMG_386714.JPG
IMG_386912.JPG

And the pineapple is doing her thing under the ScrOG. Pretty low maintenance. But come next week... There will be a lot of tucking and training.
IMG_38688.JPG

Day 5 flowering. The colloidal silver experiment continues. I have been applying twice a day, both am and pm. I am not sure if I see some balls beginning to show on the first node from the stem in the below picture, but I will continue to apply until I'm sure.
image9235.jpeg
image36606.jpg

The colloidal experiment continues...

Both tents are now under HPS. I usually like to limit the stretch during the first few weeks of flower by leaving the MH in, but with my experiment going I was thinking the higher lumens that I receive from HPS vs the MH would benefit more than controlling the stretch would. Worst case, if it gets too crowded, I can always move one of the Blueberry outside to finish while the daylight hours are still in the flowering range.

Bubble hash Day!!!

I started off with about 4oz of dried popcorn buds and sugar leaf. I couldn't find my 25 micron drying screen, so this stuff is pretty wet. But once dry, this should be about 12-16 grams of great full melt, and 3 grams of decent partial melt.

IMG_39278.JPG
IMG_392913.JPG
IMG_39319.JPG

Back
Top Bottom