Sweet Yet Haunted Seedsman's Purple Ghost Candy Comparative

The HIGH speed train! :woohoo:

Nice! The first one looks like a quad. Same training just with 2 nodes. The LC-18 grew that way last 3 x 3 grow.
The second one is the training we're using here. Let's see how breaking apical dominance looks on her.
I've tried manifolding successfully but that was beginners' luck. I'd like to try fluxing because it makes sense that apical dominance has been removed and the new branches will have equal opportunity to grab hold of auxins :popcorn:

That was quick and you will be flipping into Veg.? Maybe i am lost already , Damn
I'm the confused one! My other grow is almost ready to flower. It's a week or ten days behind that. I'm also letting this one go out more so there's that too. My mistake.

Here's todays pic of her Ghostly self. @SeedsMan seeds for the win!

And some current grow details.

Highya SO,

She looks like she's anxious to grow! I've never seen that technique before. Is she doing what you want her to? Vigerous looking little lady!! Happy Smokin'

I'm the confused one! My other grow is almost ready to flower. It's a week or ten days behind that. I'm also letting this one go out more so there's that too. My mistake.

Here's todays pic of her Ghostly self. @SeedsMan seeds for the win!

And some current grow details.

Mainlining from a single node?
20240412_225844.jpg

I chose to do something similar with my outdoor specimen. However I'm increasing bud sites by topping and additional lst. Excited to see what you come up with. I think it would be good way to fill a 2x4 with one or two plants. Goodjob :thumb:

Highya SO,

She looks like she's anxious to grow! I've never seen that technique before. Is she doing what you want her to? Vigerous looking little lady!! Happy Smokin'
Hi Bode, Yes she is. All the shoots along the way will get growing and when the mains get close to the end of the pot I'll keep them low until the rest come along. Then it's up and away to flower. That's the plan. Hope it works!
Mainlining from a single node?
20240412_225844.jpg

I chose to do something similar with my outdoor specimen. However I'm increasing bud sites by topping and additional lst. Excited to see what you come up with. I think it would be good way to fill a 2x4 with one or two plants. Goodjob :thumb:
Outdoors wow! That blows my mind! This is my first real manifold so I'm psyched! I grew a pinned down quad last grow in this tent and liked it.

I was wondering if it had a name already... Manifolding huh? Thanks for sharing. :high-five:
That and Fluxing is what our @Light Addict calls it.
Yes, don't flip that one one quite yet...it's just starting to get that classic shape!
Only pancakes for now. Weeks away I think. I have to see a nice spider of a shape first starting.

CUTE BUT NOT GETTING ANYWHERE IN JUST TIME, JUST IN TIME UPDATE

Hi all! So looking at this beauty I see she's moving slow and I can only think light intensity might be the reason. It's pretty low still, at 20 DLI/300 ppfd of PAR, so up it went to 30 DLI and 463 ppfd of PAR. Still on the lowish side. I'll pick it up sooner than later.

She is a cutie pie!

Cha cha cha changes!

Remember this? Here's where we're at and where we're going. :peace: Thanks @OGpapa !

1713197424446.png

Hi all! So looking at this beauty I see she's moving slow and I can only think light intensity might be the reason. It's pretty low still, at 20 DLI/300 ppfd of PAR, so up it went to 30 DLI and 463 ppfd of PAR. Still on the lowish side. I'll pick it up sooner than later.

She is a cutie pie!

Cha cha cha changes!

Remember this? Here's where we're at and where we're going. :peace: Thanks @OGpapa !

1713197424446.png

Stone. I'm trying to follow this chart as well. What do you think is the best way to achieve the desired DLI, with the light closeish and set to lower intensity or with the light further away and set to higher intensity?

Stone. I'm trying to follow this chart as well. What do you think is the best way to achieve the desired DLI, with the light closeish and set to lower intensity or with the light further away and set to higher intensity?
The whole idea is to keep the light as close as possible while maintaining the highest DLI value you want to keep your plants shorter and tighter nodes and not have them stretchy lanky.

I run my tent with multiple age plants. I have to keep it higher to keep the older plants happy. But given the age and size of the plants within tent, I run vsf6450 at 50 inches 80% off of the shortest plant and everyone is working within they're own dli range.

Moving slow you say?

No no no.

Im redefining moving slow atm.

so up it went to 30 DLI and 463 ppfd of PAR.
Crack that whip! 🎶
What do you think is the best way to achieve the desired DLI, with the light closeish and set to lower intensity or with the light further away and set to higher intensity?
From what I learned from @Graytail, greater distance at higher wattage gets you better penetration than lower wattage closer in (assuming the same DLI at the tops both ways). So if you've got a flat canopy with all your flowers level (like a SCROG), then as close as you can run it will allow you to turn down the watts and save on the electric bill. But if you need light penetration to get to the lower levels of growth, higher at higher wattage will do that for you.
Clean your windows/screens and double your DLI. :cheesygrinsmiley:

From what I learned from @Graytail, greater distance at higher wattage gets you better penetration than lower wattage closer in (assuming the same DLI both ways). So if you've got a flat canopy with all your flowers level (like a SCROG), then as close as you can run it will allow you to turn down the watts and save on the electric bill. But if you need light penetration to get to the lower levels of growth, higher at higher wattage will do that for you.
Works well if you can cope with the extra heat and power consumption.
I did both ways as I only had 1 light lifter at the time so one tent had the light close and one had it at the top of the tent . I can't give a comparison because they were to different grow styles SIP V'S Bell Syphon.

I think my last 3 x 3 grow went that way though. I left 2 nodes for 4 branches and she grew 20 or more branches before the music stopped playing. It was a real nice grow and yielded 13 oz's!
That LC-18 turned out a cracker Otter! I think you did Table Mountain Sativas proud with her.

It would have been good to have watched someone that had done it I'm thinking.:). I'm just feeling my way around it and happy to not have burnt them. Farther away and higher intensity I think but who knows for sure. I've listened to the theory that this will make deeper penetration. So far I'm sticking with that.
Moving slow you say?

No no no.

I find that difficult to believe Baron! Are you cold in the grow area?
Crack that whip
Give the past a slip!🎶 And take a walk on the wild side!
That LC-18 turned out a cracker Otter! I think you did Table Mountain Sativas proud with her.
Thanks Stunger! She smokes as nice as she grew!

Damn, so the show begins :smokin:looking good in there Otter :passitleft:

Highya SO,

I was wondering if it had a name already... Manifolding huh? Thanks for sharing. :high-five:

Hi Bode, Yes she is. All the shoots along the way will get growing and when the mains get close to the end of the pot I'll keep them low until the rest come along. Then it's up and away to flower. That's the plan. Hope it works!

Outdoors wow! That blows my mind! This is my first real manifold so I'm psyched! I grew a pinned down quad last grow in this tent and liked it.

That and Fluxing is what our @Light Addict calls it.

Only pancakes for now. Weeks away I think. I have to see a nice spider of a shape first starting.
The last one I grew took a few months from that point to go into flower :thedoubletake: dates are on the pics

Back
Top Bottom