Tales From The Krip!

MAIN TENT UPDATE

Since my pic update in the main tent was interrupted unexpectedly last night due to finding some dry containers, I'm making up for it tonight! :laugh:

Here's a shot of the five girls:

Bubba Hash #1 & #2:

Bubba Hash #3 (left) and the two Orient Express (right):

Bubba Hash #1 (was in back, so wanted to get some better pics):

Bubba Hash #3:

The BBH's have hooked up well with the 2nd round soil. The OE's were a little slower but are just hooking up now. I did notice a little leaf cupping that you can just see in the last pic on the right/front OE, so I raised the light to about 18" over the canopy.

They all got UBT's for four colas except BBH #3 which got topped one node above. I could give some great reason why I did this such as to conserve space since it was the middle plant, to compare how their growth patterns differed, etc. The truth is, I just miscounted a node when I topped that one! :rofl: Not sure how that happened??? :bong::bongrip::hookah:

They've still got at least a few weeks left to veg before it's time to up-pot them.

Happy Harvests!

K

I am going to guess that maybe some RSO was involved lol!

:hmmmm: what is UBT?

It's an "Uncle Ben's Topping" which is a way to top a plant to get either two or four primary/main colas. You wait until the plant has 5-6 nodes then, top between the 1st & 2nd true nodes (don't count cotyledons) to get two main colas; and, top between the 2nd and 3rd nodes to get four main colas. If you top above the 3rd node, as I did with BBH #3, you'll get secondary colas instead of primary/main colas and a bushier plant.

Technique was made popular many years ago by an old time grower called "Uncle Ben".

Excellent! - i have the images and text of that (UBT) saved in my notes app from like a year ago! :thumb: Moreoevr, I’ve been thinking about digging it out in prep for growing a BH I have lined up for my inf=door run this year :high-five: love that synchronicity. I was looking at UBT thinking “i should know what that is” ... but it just wouldn’t come to me. Thanks!

How long have these BH been growing for? :Namaste:

Excellent! - i have the images and text of that (UBT) saved in my notes app from like a year ago! :thumb: Moreoevr, I’ve been thinking about digging it out in prep for growing a BH I have lined up for my inf=door run this year :high-five: love that synchronicity. I was looking at UBT thinking “i should know what that is” ... but it just wouldn’t come to me. Thanks!

How long have these BH been growing for? :Namaste:
I started soaking the seeds on March 1st and they all sprouted within a few days, so they're just about a month above ground.

It's an "Uncle Ben's Topping" which is a way to top a plant to get either two or four primary/main colas. You wait until the plant has 5-6 nodes then, top between the 1st & 2nd true nodes (don't count cotyledons) to get two main colas; and, top between the 2nd and 3rd nodes to get four main colas. If you top above the 3rd node, as I did with BBH #3, you'll get secondary colas instead of primary/main colas and a bushier plant.

Technique was made popular many years ago by an old time grower called "Uncle Ben".
Or a really handy way to buy time with plants that got larger than you really wanted in veg??

But true?

Drive-by

I have a 6" Ostburg Krip, 6 years old now...24/7/365.
It's nice,.i hope to get another some day....if this one ever breaks....
Mine is run thru a speed control at 65-85%...never at full speed. Always a very good idea to oversize your exhaust fan/filter combo , so ya don't need to have it screaming away , wearing it out. It's also harder on the filter too, drawing air thru at a much higher rate of speed..makes it less effective, over time.

Hey Duggs had a question about speed controllers. Can u get a controller for any fan? And do u jus plug ur fan into it then that into the outlet or do u need to cut into wires and wire it in or something like that?

Hey Duggs had a question about speed controllers. Can u get a controller for any fan? And do u jus plug ur fan into it then that into the outlet or do u need to cut into wires and wire it in or something like that?
Ya Blazin..that's all ya have to do. Just plug your fan into the speed controller and set it to the % you want. I have mine set at about 75%. Those speed controllers are available pretty much anywhere for around 20 dollars. Yes,..all our fans can be run thru them . This is something i HIGHLY recommend for a few reasons ive mentioned. Cheers.

Ya Blazin..that's all ya have to do. Just plug your fan into the speed controller and set it to the % you want. I have mine set at about 75%. Those speed controllers are available pretty much anywhere for around 20 dollars. Yes,..all our fans can be run thru them . This is something i HIGHLY recommend for a few reasons ive mentioned. Cheers.

Yup I remember u mentioning them in ur journal on docs thread a few places actually lol. I was planning on asking about it last week but forgot till now lol. But yea thanx man for all the help/info with everything.

Those CloudLines are great! They run lower CFM's but are EXTREMELY quiet! :thumb:
Hey Krip, can you let me know what the power supply setup is for the Cloudline fans? I’m trying to work out if getting one from the USA would work for me. They’re 110-240 input voltage so i’m Ok in that department but I’m wondering how the actual plug is attached - so wondering if it’s a seperate cable (for which i could simply substitute the equivalent ) or if the plug is hardwired to the device. Cheers!

I can buy one here - but i would cost me about $150 more than shipping one from the US - go figure.
:Namaste:

Hey Krip, can you let me know what the power supply setup is for the Cloudline fans? I’m trying to work out if getting one from the USA would work for me. They’re 110-240 input voltage so i’m Ok in that department but I’m wondering how the actual plug is attached - so wondering if it’s a seperate cable (for which i could simply substitute the equivalent ) or if the plug is hardwired to the device. Cheers!

I can buy one here - but i would cost me about $150 more than shipping one from the US - go figure.
:Namaste:

The CloudLine has a standard 3-prong, grounded plug from the speed controller but there is a proprietary connection between the fan, itself, and the speed controller. So, basically, the only speed controller you can use with the CloudLine is the one that comes with the fan and you can not plug the fan directly into the wall or into any other speed controller.

QUICK UPDATE

Today is day #9 of 12/12 in the small tent and I think I'm just gonna make it on the height issue with about 3" more I can raise the light before having to take some "unnatural" steps.

The two Platinum Kush Breaths in there look good, though, with some nice thick stalks and nicely stacked nodes:

And, here are some shots of the Bubba Kush and Orient Express plants still vegging in the main tent:

Happy Harvests!

K

Back
Top Bottom