The Quest For A Kilo

Mono uses HPS. If you going a bit bigger and not just personal use I would go with HPS. Is the room 5m x 2m? Which LED's were you looking at bru?
Tnx for the help im not sure what leds to get yet but if you can suggest any that will go with mh hps combo it will be great for me after a reserch i was told to get the ones that have green in them and that they are the top leds .im gana use all the light together combined starting with mh and so on step by step ending with all working together .and the room is 5×2 ty mate dont feel confy barging into mono page sry mono

Happy 420 everyone! Best holiday of the year... well, after Christmas that is!

Quick update on the big girl. We are sitting in cruise control at the moment, just passed three weeks on 12/12 and all is well.

Another couple of days and she will be due another defoliation session to remove any more shading fan leaves. I will also remove some of the lower leaves and any more little shoots low down.

Here she is 22 days on 12/12

420-magazine-mobile668447891.jpg

420-magazine-mobile387674245.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1371049461.jpg

And a look at a plant that was meant to be an auto... turned out to be a photoperiod plant, think I will give her another week or so before harvest.

420-magazine-mobile665854877.jpg

420-magazine-mobile815384479.jpg

Cheers fella!

She was meant to be a black gold auto, but turned out to be a photoperiod plant, so I have no idea what strain she is.

Well I hope she smokes as good as she looks!!

I subbed up a few days ago, but luckily there weren't that many pages to read to get caught up, so I read through. Great journal you've got Mono and your ladies are all dimes! I have a few questions though,

1) how often do you feed, like do you water in between feedings to mitigate salt buildups? I grow in rockwool, but am trying to learn what I can about coco so if ever in a bind, I can switch medias if need be.

2) Do you run your HPS at 100%, and if yes, are your temps manageable? I too have a 600w cooltube, but my space is only 3'6" squared by 7'6" tall, so I've only got my ballast up to 75% and due to elevated temps and RH, am hesitant to use that remaining 25%. For my space, 450watts is about right, but if I could get all of that 600, I'd think my chop to be that much more rewarding. My girl is a Bubblegum that's been in veg for about 14 weeks and has underwent many top sessions.

Cheers guys.

With the loss of a couple of weeks veg I've gone for a little change of tactic.

The last couple of grows I've removed close to the lower half of growth over the course of flowering. In the interest of reducing veg time without hitting yield, the plan is to cover the 4x4 with around 2.5 feet of growth rather than 4 feet.

Without moving any of the lower growth, there may just be an increase in yield accounting for less wasted energy with the lower growth.

Anyway, a major training and defol day. 2.5 weeks veg to go and we are 3ft square and 12 inches of foliage.

Before -

420-magazine-mobile1458808366.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1276044079.jpg

The left hand side has been trained, took about half her height out.

420-magazine-mobile143777384.jpg

The split.

420-magazine-mobile78471905.jpg

After

420-magazine-mobile1051844142.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1490023374.jpg

Question what does splitting the main stem like that do. And how often do you do it?

I subbed up a few days ago, but luckily there weren't that many pages to read to get caught up, so I read through. Great journal you've got Mono and your ladies are all dimes! I have a few questions though,

1) how often do you feed, like do you water in between feedings to mitigate salt buildups? I grow in rockwool, but am trying to learn what I can about coco so if ever in a bind, I can switch medias if need be.

2) Do you run your HPS at 100%, and if yes, are your temps manageable? I too have a 600w cooltube, but my space is only 3'6" squared by 7'6" tall, so I've only got my ballast up to 75% and due to elevated temps and RH, am hesitant to use that remaining 25%. For my space, 450watts is about right, but if I could get all of that 600, I'd think my chop to be that much more rewarding. My girl is a Bubblegum that's been in veg for about 14 weeks and has underwent many top sessions.

Thanks bud.

I feed her every day @ 1/3 strength using the base canna nutrients line - 15ml a and 15ml b per 5 litres of water. Very occasionally I will give her plain water with a little dolomite lime (cal mag).

Since coco doesn't contain or hold nutrients it's essential to water and feed every day. I give her 10 litres of water every 24 hours which results in around 500ml - 1litre of run off which washes out any salts.

My ballast isn't adjustable so the hps runs 100% all the time. Temps sit at 22 degrees c lights off and 25 - 27 degrees c lights on. My fan is pretty powerful though (340 cubic meters an hour on the low setting) so the light never gets a chance to build the temps up in the tent, and I extract through the roof out a vent so the room is always cool.

If you want to run your light on 100% you might have to increase your fan size and look at the best way to remove the warm air from the room the grow is in.

Question what does splitting the main stem like that do. And how often do you do it?

There isn't any benefit too it, I don't think. It's happened because I was a little too heavy handed early in the training mission.

Providing the stem doesn't split too much, the plants tend to take it in their stride, but it's always a concern for harbouring diseases, or it splitting further during more training.

So after a hectic week and weekend at work, we are now on flowering day 29.

She is really needing a bit of a defol now, but holding off as long as possible. Buds are fattening up very well for her age and I don't want to slow her down.

Didn't manage to catch her before lights off so a couple of pics with the flash. I will do a better update tomorrow .

420-magazine-mobile1305615442.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1001609817.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1289076664.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1742894492.jpg

Mono my man since your on right now quick question. My girlfriend bent one of my plants by accident and it has a really heavy bend it what are the chances of it recovering and producing. It is an auto
420-magazine-mobile1590730925.jpg
420-magazine-mobile799075801.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1373671501.jpg

Mono my man since your on right now quick question. My girlfriend bent one of my plants by accident and it has a really heavy bend it what are the chances of it recovering and producing. It is an auto
420-magazine-mobile1590730925.jpg
420-magazine-mobile799075801.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1373671501.jpg

100% chance it will make a full recovery within 24 - 48 hours.

Providing the stem isn't cut more than 50% though.

You may get a bit of a lump at the point where it was bent, but it will not cause any problems.

Lovely little seedling, they are so full of potential at that size.

If the stem does snap 100% she's pretty much a goner then right .

Not necessarily but she will require a little tlc, support her like you did with the stake, if it's split then some insulated tape (electricians tape) around the wound will help seal it.

Cannabis is a very resilient plant, and will do everything it can to keep on growing.

Back
Top Bottom