Thirvnrob's Canuck Seeds Double Chocolate/Acapulco Gold Comparative Grow

I am not looking forward to trimming the Double Chocolate. Lots of sugar leaves on this one. Her sister is not as dense, but will still be a pita. Day 32 post flip.
IMG_4419.jpeg
IMG_4417.jpeg
IMG_4416.jpeg

Hope all is well
Thanks @2Water! I’ve wondered if I should take the time to explain. I had kidney stones Feb. 29th - passed the same day. A few days later I got really sick & was diagnosed with a condition called Campylobacter. It’s not something they automatically check for when one has a disorder of the gut that requires hospitalization, but on the third day of thinking I was going to die, they found that, which explained everything except how I contracted it. The most likely source is having handled something a bird - specifically a pigeon, had pooped on. Contaminated food is the most common source of transmission, but not likely for me. I’m going with pigeon poop. Then a week later, kidney stones again, this time requiring lithotripsy. My ass is whooped. This was a 3 week ordeal & except for being watered, the garden was mostly unattended. I have bugs & seeds present although I haven’t seen any nanners. I’ll try and get caught up today & post a few pics.

Thanks @2Water! I’ve wondered if I should take the time to explain. I had kidney stones Feb. 29th - passed the same day. A few days later I got really sick & was diagnosed with a condition called Campylobacter. It’s not something they automatically check for when one has a disorder of the gut that requires hospitalization, but on the third day of thinking I was going to die, they found that, which explained everything except how I contracted it. The most likely source is having handled something a bird - specifically a pigeon, had pooped on. Contaminated food is the most common source of transmission, but not likely for me. I’m going with pigeon poop. Then a week later, kidney stones again, this time requiring lithotripsy. My ass is whooped. This was a 3 week ordeal & except for being watered, the garden was mostly unattended. I have bugs & seeds present although I haven’t seen any nanners. I’ll try and get caught up today & post a few pics.
I feel so bad for you, I had kidney stones too. Also had that wonderful experience of having my junk get invaded by a wire with a claw attached. Aka lithotripsy and pissed blood 🩸 for a week. And then they only want to give me aspirin for pain when they sent me home. So I hope you feel better soon and they gave you something strong enuff for pain. CL🍀

What a terrible scare! Just glad you're back on your feet!

Thankfully you made it through, Thirvnrob. Sounds like a scary experience!

Uh, no, I don't want a hit. You keep that joint for yourself. :Rasta:

I feel so bad for you, I had kidney stones too. Also had that wonderful experience of having my junk get invaded by a wire with a claw attached. Aka lithotripsy and pissed blood 🩸 for a week. And then they only want to give me aspirin for pain when they sent me home. So I hope you feel better soon and they gave you something strong enuff for pain. CL🍀
Thanks CL. I’ve had stones 12 times now. Most of the time they pass within a few hours. I’ve been catheterized twice & had lithotripsy twice. But given a choice between stones & campylobacter, I’ll take stones every time…

IMG_4490.jpeg
IMG_4491.jpeg
IMG_4486.jpeg
IMG_4492.png
IMG_4492.png
IMG_4493.png
Here they are today, 138 days above ground & 77 days post flip. Starting with the Double Chocolate, these girls thrived until about 3 weeks ago. They started dropping leaves & now most of them are curling up and dying which is par for the course since they’re finishing up. The breeder says 7-9 weeks to flower. I let them flower for 11 weeks like I had planned to. I never gave anything but Cal/Mag & water. Just so happens these girls are the ones in The Rev’s soil recipe. Their buds are fat & heavy & required some makeshift support including :bongrip:the wall behind them. They’re coming down today. Here are some pics…
Don’t know how the pics got inserted ahead of the text…

IMG_4494.png

IMG_4490.jpeg
IMG_4491.jpeg
IMG_4486.jpeg
IMG_4492.png
IMG_4492.png
IMG_4493.png
Here they are today, 138 days above ground & 77 days post flip. Starting with the Double Chocolate, these girls thrived until about 3 weeks ago. They started dropping leaves & now most of them are curling up and dying which is par for the course since they’re finishing up. The breeder says 7-9 weeks to flower. I let them flower for 11 weeks like I had planned to. I never gave anything but Cal/Mag & water. Just so happens these girls are the ones in The Rev’s soil recipe. Their buds are fat & heavy & required some makeshift support including :bongrip:the wall behind them. They’re coming down today. Here are some pics…
Don’t know how the pics got inserted ahead of the text…

IMG_4494.png
This post is a jumbled mess!

The Acapulco Gold in the store bought soil required some intervention, the first being top watering once weekly to correct a Cal/Mag deficiency. Thanks @Gee64 for that suggestion. Then I had to top dress the one in the 5 gallon SIP which was the day before the first kidney stone. I wasn’t sure about top dressing her sister in the 10 gallon SIP because she has roots on top of the soil underneath the mulch cover. I wasn’t sure about top dressing right on top of those roots & whether scratching it into the soil would damage said roots. As I was pondering this & who to ask about it - bang! Kidney stone. It passed within a few hours, but really took the wind out of my sails. As I said earlier, I had someone watering them, but the environment was out of whack the whole time. Fast forward to today & I have one girl that’s reasonably healthy & another one that looks kind of “puny”, with around 2 weeks to go. Let’s see where these pics get inserted…
IMG_4488.jpeg
IMG_4489.jpeg
IMG_4485.jpeg
IMG_4495.png
IMG_4496.png
IMG_4497.png

Wherever they end up in the post they look damn good after what all 5 of you have been through recently! Nifty support system you've got there too. :thumb:
The takedown is underway!
IMG_4500.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom