Thirvnrob's Canuck Seeds Double Chocolate/Acapulco Gold Comparative Grow

Hey Rob, glad it worked👍👊.

You will have to maintain now to the end, if you let up the deficiency will come back, and if you over calcium to try to get head you could blow the whole thing with one overdose, so just keep maintaining thru to the end.

You may or may not have to increase the dosage a bit as they progress, so watch for that, but let them tell you if an increase is needed.

Make note of how it plays out for next grow.

They look awesome!🥰👊.

Good on you for asking for help quickly, they are fixed before flip.👍
They all seem to enjoy the weekly top watering & I have to say it's very satisfying to watch the soil absorb the cal/mag laden water. Seems like a no brainer to keep doing what's working. Thanks again for the pointer - it really was an easy fix for something that seemed overwhelming to me. Great troubleshooting!

There is a huge demand on the soil from stretch to mid-flower. Both mass and terpenes are being synthesized heavily at the same time. Calcium carries the current thru the soil and runs the colloids, and food needs to be comsumed hard here so sometimes all that extra activity needs more electricity. Sometimes, not always.
Good time to ask this question then. One of the Acapulco Gold is in a 5 gallon container - the other three are in 10 gallons. I think all of them will need at least one topdressing, but the 5 gallon might need two or even three to achieve fruition. I added a flowering layer near the bottom of the pot, but no spikes because I'm not sure they're suitable for a sip. Your thoughts?

MY arithmetic is off by one day. Today is day 13 post flip & there are no struggles with this grow now. In my geographic, the humidity typically remains very high this time of year, but it's consistent for a few months & the RH in the room is quite easy to manage. The temp, which is easy to maintain at the moment is usually more of a challenge this time of year. I'm starting to grasp vpd, but I'm still pretty new to the learning curve to which @Gee64 introduced me. The problem is, using my infra red I get different measurements from each plant. One is 2 degrees f hotter than ambient, one is 2 degrees cooler, and the other 2 are pretty close to ambient. If I'm correct, the temp & rh at the canopy can be manipulated with the light intensity or the rh in the room can be controlled with hueys or dehueys, but with the differences from sister to sister, I'm not sure how or whether to respond. Generally speaking, I do my best to stay as close to what I deduce is the vpd.

I mentioned earlier that I've gotten good at vegging & training them, but flowering them is my weak point. I've grown my knowledge incrementally I suppose by the melding of bro science & actual science & then whatever dissertation gee posts:laughtwo: I'm so impressed with myself...

But seriously, I'm doing my best to trust the process of organic growing. I have no issue with synthetic growing though. Some of my best friends grow synthetically :thumb:

I do like the sexy verbiage around building living soil & creating an ecosystem with my own soil stained hands. My back doesn't hurt any more than when I grew synthetically...
Here they are before lights out tonight...
IMG_4347.jpg

I did a good amount of de-leafing of the Double Chocolate yesterday. These two have high potential for wpm, so I was aggressive. I thought had taken off too much, but I think I accidentally got it right. They seemed happy this morning. The Acapulco Gold have beauty appointments tomorrow...

Today is day 15 post flip. One of the Acapulco Gold has exactly doubled in height, the other slightly less than that. The two Double Chocolate have more than doubled by a couple inches & they’re all still stretching. I still have some larf patrolling to do, but I’m waiting till I’m sure the stretch is over. I’ll start with my usual family photo…
IMG_4358.jpeg

Next up is my favorite so far. This is the AG that has exactly doubled in height. She has the most even canopy I’ve ever produced. The pot behind her creates an illusion, but she’s pretty even all over.
IMG_4359.jpeg

The other AG is the one most affected by the leaf funkus. It took most of the large fans & probably stunted her a bit, but she’s still in the game & is apparently quite spiritual as she is constantly praying…
IMG_4360.jpeg

The Double Chocolate rarely pray - They’re heathens, apparently. I pluck leaves daily from these two. They’re bushy like Indicas. My only real other than wpm is their leaves look a little dark. All of the canoeing finally stopped & as I said, they’ve more than doubled in height.
IMG_4361.jpeg
IMG_4363.jpeg

That’s it for today. Thanks for stopping by!

Very nice Thirvnrob!

Man, what I wouldn't give for a grow room instead of tents! 🥹

Very nice Thirvnrob!

Man, what I wouldn't give for a grow room instead of tents! 🥹
Thanks GDB! Grow tents & I don't get along. I put a lot of sweat equity into that room. I really enjoy the full access I have to all my girls. But now I have two grow tents I don't need...

It's cool to see how different shades of green can all still be healthy. Plants are looking great in there!

First you need a whole other insulated building on your property, and apparently a gate!
I don't need all that. My laundry room would be perfect!

I just need to find other places to put the furnace, hot water heater, washer and dryer. 😁

It's cool to see how different shades of green can all still be healthy. Plants are looking great in there!

First you need a whole other insulated building on your property, and apparently a gate!
and apparently a gate!
We gotta have a gate. She looks mean in this pic, but she isn't. She is however, quite determined...
image000000.jpg

Perpetual…
A perpetual grow is definitely in the plan for the future, but I have some tweaking to do for better control of the environment. For instance, the outdoor RH where I am is 97% & my dehumidifier is working its ass off trying to keep up. She pulled 3 gallons of water in about 15 hours & the RH is still too high in the room. Running lights in the adjacent room would result in light leaks also. Had I known when I built the shop what I know now, the entire configuration would be different.

I believe they’re finished stretching. They all more than doubled in height. I’ll do one more de-larfing tomorrow & then I’m keeping my hands off till harvest. I am dealing with high RH - 97% presently, but I’m not complaining. RH in the room is all I’ve had to manage for the last several weeks & that’s been pretty easy. I do need another dehuey though.
Considering the Double Chocolate (on the right) have 5-7 weeks to go & the Acapulco Gold has 6-8 weeks left, Im expecting a really nice harvest.
IMG_4393.jpeg
IMG_4394.jpeg
IMG_4388.jpeg
IMG_4389.jpeg
IMG_4390.jpeg

They look great! It's amazing how much moisture these plants can put in the air! You'll soon want to lower that from 97% :eek:
97% was the outdoor RH. I have to set my dehuey to 30% to get the room down to 50-60%…

Day 31 post flip - around 40 days to go. Nothing much to report. The outdoor RH has been all over the place so I have big swings in the room as well that I have to manage. I’ve been able to keep the temps between 70° - 80° F & so far no bugs to deal with & no apparent deficiencies, but some pretty cool anomalies. The one in the 5 gallon bucket takes a gallon of water every other day & the others take almost 6 quarts. Thanks for stopping by!
IMG_4411.jpeg
IMG_4413.jpeg
IMG_4399.jpeg
IMG_4400.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom