Virgin Ground And The Little Star Asterion

VG' s Cannaversary Closet..

As y'all know I've been working on a grow closet in my spare time. We began in March and finished in early July. It took a lot longer than we thought it would but Tom Silva ( This Old House) says it always takes 3 times longer for a build than people think.
Inclimate weather and my own physical limitations stopped me in my tracks more than once. I spent many hours planning exactly how I wanted it to be and I must say that in the end we came very close and I'm quite satisfied with what we pulled together with both recycled and new materials. It was imperative that the cost was kept at a minimum. The two most expensive pieces were the door at $110 and the Infinity fan at $120.

Here are her humble beginnings. Lol

After we had the paneling in place and moved the outlet it got some trim and a nice coat of bright white paint. Keep in mind that most of the work was in tricking the eye to think that that closet has straight lines. Worst built closet ever. We cut the paneling crooked to make it appear like the walls are straight. The blocks on the wall hold a removable shelf. I took it out for my tall girl.
And a door.....
Here is what the inside looks like. Pardon the odd angles.
The lights and circ fan are mounted high.

Here is the Infinity fan with the carbon filter sitting on it's shelf. It is placed as high in the closet as possible.

And our lady in waiting....
She's a bit wider than the door but I crammed her in.

And here she is getting used to her light. I only have the qb on in this pic. You're welcome. Lol
I'll add the blurple tomorrow morning when I can watch her more closely.

Good thing she isn't any bigger than she is. I may just have enough room for flower. Fingers crossed.

This was a present to myself to mark my second year as a grower. My life changed a lot since I came her and met y'all.
I thought the best way to celebrate that was to get back to my roots and fix up the original closet where it all began....

Hope I didn't disappoint.

PS...I will paint the trim. :green_heart:

Tomorrow I will tackle the ATF.
I'm going to try the netting that I have.
I have never scrogged before. It should be like a train wreck.

:theband: Happy 2nd Canniversary VG!

Killer job on photospread and finished grow-space!
Thanks 013.
I'm plum tuckered out. Was a long hot day here. Time to smoke and appreciate our work a little. I need to water my beastie. Temps and rh are good so far. Hope the blurple isn't too hot. I can't remember. It's been 2 years since I used it last.
It grew really nice veg plants though.
Squeezed her in real nice. Great work VG :love: It looks fantastic! Now, bring on the buds!!! :yummy:
she goes into flower right after I fill a few holes. Ran out of spackle. Should be tomorrow-ish.
Yes agreed HH, she needs an oversized shoe horn for that monster!
It was easier than I thought it would be. I stuck her pot in and made a circle with my arms around her and let her slide through my arms as she stood up. I only lost a few leaves. She could do with a thinning. She's a big plant.

I'm constantly picking up furniture to rehab. Drives the bf nuts. I enjoy making something great out of other people's 'trash'.
I always have two or three irons in the fire. Also drives him nuts.

I'm frugal as hell. I may go as cheap as cutting a pallet in half, finishing it and sticking some heavy duty pin legs on it.
Voila....rustic table.

LoL VG, you sound just like me... I built an entire shed at the house from pallets, exactly 9m2, 3x3 pallets as floor and walls 2x4 pallets. This was all done before my accident, had an inflamation in my right shoulder for 4 months after managing the pallets with a sledge hammer and tigersaw. But it still stands strong after 5 years, but I wouldn't even think of doing this again after my neck injury now.

Very cool!

Thx man, the tent furthest in was very complex to put there. Had to mount it in place, this space is exactly 4ft wide, so canvas was hell to put on the frame... just like when X was trying to fit in that special dress she swore she had 10 years ago.... :laughtwo:

The two most expensive pieces were the door at $110 and the Infinity fan at $120.

You also seem to have no limit in expenses made in to details, also like me. Must be a compensation in that sum we saved when salvaging that other stuff... :p

Worst built closet ever. We cut the paneling crooked to make it appear like the walls are straight.

Like always, also have that problem in this apartment. The plaster walls bends here and the concrete walls are in different height in each corner... raising hell right now for me when putting up ceiling ledge with spots in my living room, how easy do you think a 93deg corner is to work with? LoL

And a door.....

It is beautiful VG and looks awesome, that looks like a very custom seize for a door or maybe they are common in your hardware stores?

Here is the Infinity fan with the carbon filter sitting on it's shelf. It is placed as high in the closet as possible.

Love the fan, remember RETRIX also got one of those. Hope it holds a lifetime for you, very nice to be able to set it to regulate speed against RH!

I have big noisy fans but they move very lots of air. Got a 6 speed transformer to cut back the speed and noise some so I only run it on half speed.

And our lady in waiting....

She will love it in there! She's craving light now. :)

Aloha VG! The new grow space looks awesome! I dig the the nice unassuming door and handle to it. The moment you open it it’s gonna be like “waaapppaaaah buds in your face!” As the intro to the song fire on the mountain gently chimes in as the beams of light shower down into the green oblivion that lies below.. Smelling the colors and pouring our own unique vibration into the spaces the lie in between the spaces as ones mental and emotional state inter links with nothing more the a plant and we are nothing more the another being on this earth wanting to live in harmony with it..
:meditate: :bong::bong: :meditate:

As y'all know I've been working on a grow closet in my spare time.
I'm super impressed with your results - closet looks great! :bravo: And that plant is so large, I could have believed it was grown outdoors.

super good job on the closet vg.

i like how the one section was left recessed for added clearance on the exhaust fan and filter.
it's nice to see a painted space instead of the bubble silver that i use. flat white is actually the best. looks like that's what you have.

you're gonna love that space. how's the light blocking ?

i know what you mean about nothing being square .. there is a 1/2 inch difference floor to ceiling in my veg room. i framed everything at an angle then squared the door. then wound up just throwing a simple cover over it lol

Outstanding documentation! Looks like it was made for her! :welldone:

Happy Cannaversary #2! :party:
j
Highya Felipe :passitleft:
It really does. She barely fits in there.
I still may have to supercrop her in the end. Depends how far away I can keep the blurple. I can adjust the qb if I need to but not the blurple light.

Your closet and plant looks really nice! :bravo:

:thumb:
Thanks BigD. Glad to have my girl in there finally.
:green_heart::green_heart::green_heart:

Closet looks great! Well done!
:bravo:
F*ing finally! Took way too long but I'm a super busy mama and family comes first.
I'm super impressed with your results - closet looks great! :bravo: And that plant is so large, I could have believed it was grown outdoors.
Thanks Beez.
She almost up to my shoulders so she's larger than I would have liked her to be.
I'll do my best with her.
super good job on the closet vg.

i like how the one section was left recessed for added clearance on the exhaust fan and filter.
it's nice to see a painted space instead of the bubble silver that i use. flat white is actually the best. looks like that's what you have.

you're gonna love that space. how's the light blocking ?

i know what you mean about nothing being square .. there is a 1/2 inch difference floor to ceiling in my veg room. i framed everything at an angle then squared the door. then wound up just throwing a simple cover over it lol
I only have a few nail holes and just around the door to address. Not a lot of work there. A few strips of foam tape and some spackle to put up.
Not one bit. Looks fantastic. :high-five:

When?
Hey MrS:hug:
Miss you. Get your chores done so you can come and play again.

I'm not doing diddly today. I feel super weak today. It's also really hot here with high rh. Just laying around all day smoking, watching TV and sleeping.
I've already had two naps and it's almost cookie time.

Have you heard about my new batch? It's like a sleeping potion. I have a high edible tolerance and it just wrecks me. 37mg/cookie.
Highya Amy. Hope you are having a super exceptional day!:love:

Gosh it's hot....
I had the blurple and qb on in the closet from 6am to 12:45 and the hottest the closet got was 84°. I then realized that my ac was on low. At the proper ac setting on a very hot day ,in a poorly insulated house the closet sits at 80°. That isn't bad at all.
It stayed cooler than the 2x2. I need to move the fan in that one though. I think I can shed a few degrees.

So far it's working great! We will see what happens at 6 pm when the lights come on and that side of the house is hit by the hot sun. I can direct the AC towards the closet slightly if I need to.

Very well done, VG!
The niche for the filter/fan assembly is a great idea and a space saver-
Gives you the extra headroom/width that you might :rolleyes: need soon!
You've really earned a day off, enjoy your "cookie time":)

Back
Top Bottom