Welcome To Archie’s Indoor/Outdoor Perpetual Garden

Thank you for the suggestion seedling and that could actually work quite well for me. I often wear headphones while building furniture.

That’s a great quote and I totally resonate with it. Thanks for sharing man.
I have about a 45 minute commute each day on public transport....taking that time to pop in some ear buds and listen to something definitely helps me with daily stress. I wish I understood that 20 years ago....good to see you back brother.

Good day Archie..glad to see u back man!
Your outdoor girlz are lookin pretty good considering the heat they have to deal with , wow.
Also deal with depression and emptiness from time to time.
This place often helps me , but not always. Sometimes just good ol time is wat it takes to get over the hump.
Stay strong..take a look around u..see everything you value and love...helps. Cheers bud! :high-five:

I'm not sure but suspect treatments with psychedelics would be micro dosing.

:passitleft:
Yeah microdosing is the only way I’d try it :thumb: Cheers Ween!
I have about a 45 minute commute each day on public transport....taking that time to pop in some ear buds and listen to something definitely helps me with daily stress. I wish I understood that 20 years ago....good to see you back brother.
For me, because I am so connected to trees and the furniture to be made from it, I find that if I can start creating with my hands the depression melts away. Recently, I discovered how addictive whittling can be and I am feeling great right now all over :)
I’ve done some real self-analyzing about what it takes to make me happy, I’m seeing a therapist at the Veterans hospital, and I’m getting some answers. Forward progress feels good. I’m working on finding a way to use my love for woodworking and spread it to others, especially Vets who might get the same therapy I receive when making stuff. Sorry for the rant lol.

Exactly! And psilocybin is the entheogen of choice.

A good resource
Thanks for the reading material brother! I’m gonna dive in a little and see what I can learn.
Good day Archie..glad to see u back man!
Your outdoor girlz are lookin pretty good considering the heat they have to deal with , wow.
Also deal with depression and emptiness from time to time.
This place often helps me , but not always. Sometimes just good ol time is wat it takes to get over the hump.
Stay strong..take a look around u..see everything you value and love...helps. Cheers bud! :high-five:
Hey Duggan, I also find a lot of comfort here at :420: , lots of loving folks here! This time I did just need time to work it out some. Cheers and thanks for poking me on WhatsApp every now and again;):green_heart:

Update
Indoor Harvest!!
Alright folks, this will be the first of a couple updates in the coming weeks. Just briefly, before we get to the pics, my outdoor plants are coming down the home stretch and I expect Carnival will finish before Critical Haze.

Okay, so when I harvest I’ve come to support bud washing a lot. I pluck off all the major fans and then into the buckets and hang them to drop dry for a couple hours. After that I hang them in the tent with my room humidity set to 50%RH.

This process, depending on time of year, will take between 4 and 7 days to fully dry before I can jar them. It should be noted that I also often decide to to dry in brown bags. I can’t tell the difference between the two methods as far as taste and smell so I just do whatever floats my boat at the time.
First up is the autoflower I grew in a three gallon fabric bag full of DBHBB soil. This plants development was definitely stunted and that’s entirely on me. I knew better than to try an auto at the type of temps I sometimes fight. Still, she churned out what should be some nice samplers to help me decide if I want to run her again.
1977B9E4-B26A-436C-88A7-69C94DF2E655.jpeg
684678FD-DD89-4462-975A-015D5D4E132F.jpeg
E9E20F76-E273-4D0A-A10C-375EDCAD93C4.jpeg

The final plant I had going was my second run at Green Doctor from MMG. This one performed the way I would have expected my first one to go. If you guys recall, my last Green Doc never got upcanned prior to her starting to flower on me.
These buds are chunky, I really had to fight to keep her branches vertical with bamboo stakes and such. I trained her as a quadline and I like that style training for indoors. I plan to play with it more going forward. Here she is:
4B919975-C16D-4C4E-B5BB-D3D2B76D8C88.jpeg
76AF9291-407B-4252-94B9-91D475E8A3B7.jpeg

The group shot:
DC280F3D-E1DC-4920-A973-D6D8FA109D9F.jpeg

I’ll get some dry weights once they’re dry lol. Duhhhh
So what’s next? Well, the timing of this harvest couldn’t be better. Now that this tent is shut down for growing, I can prepare to process my first outdoor plant, Carnival.
2711CC66-B376-44F2-B51E-905A2B477492.jpeg

Critical Haze has a couple weeks to go maybe more. She started flowering at the same time as Carnival but her buds have developed very slow compared to Carnival. Carnival just seemed to ramp up the bud building way earlier in her feral few weeks of flower. CH just kinda sat there looking pretty for a while but her buds are filling in nicely.
Happy Friday all!

Wood working can be extremely relaxing.
Hey Penny! Yeah it always has been for me, that’s for sure. Now that I’m whittling, I’m encouraged to do more camping and bushcraft type stuff. It’s all positive stuff I get from nature man :passitleft:

Congrats on the harvests - the Green Doc looks great! Good luck with the outdoor girls, I bet trimming is gonna be a bit more work than the two indoor plants. ;)
Wood working can be extremely relaxing.
You might even have large enough stems on the outdoor girls - you can whittle a pipe from them. :idea:

I'd say that auto was a pretty respectable size! Of course, it ain't #nolarf :). Green Doc looks good, but having it hanging in that big empty tent makes me want to know what you're going to run in there this winter!

I'm glad to hear that you're getting a handle on the roller coaster and that the VA is actually helpful...we don't hear that a lot.

I don't trust myself to whittle, but I can handle a belt sander and a drill okay...I should have a pipe by month's end :thumb:.

I whittled some when I was younger but haven’t done it for years now.
It’s a fantastic little hobby. I’m sitting outside my towns senior citizen center where they host a woodcarving club meeting every Friday. It’s fantastic what some of these folks are doing. I’m just learning little Santa’s and gnomes and stuff lol.
Haze will take longer to mature being sativa.
Yeah I always thought that meant they took longer to finish, but from what I’ve observed, they take a couple extra weeks to start really making buds. Instead of the buds forming around week three and four, she was a solid two weeks behind Carnival. For reference Carnival is a nine week.
Hey Archie.. .those buds/colas look fantastic bud.Nice job....really nice job. :thumb:
Thanks Duggan, means a lot!
Congrats on the harvests - the Green Doc looks great! Good luck with the outdoor girls, I bet trimming is gonna be a bit more work than the two indoor plants. ;)

You might even have large enough stems on the outdoor girls - you can whittle a pipe from them. :idea:
Ooh that is a good idea... my stems from the outdoor gals will be fairly good size.
The Carnival should be easy to trim, Critical Haze is gonna be a pain. Cheers!

I'd say that auto was a pretty respectable size! Of course, it ain't #nolarf :). Green Doc looks good, but having it hanging in that big empty tent makes me want to know what you're going to run in there this winter!

I'm glad to hear that you're getting a handle on the roller coaster and that the VA is actually helpful...we don't hear that a lot.

I don't trust myself to whittle, but I can handle a belt sander and a drill okay...I should have a pipe by month's end :thumb:.
I’m only imagining an oz dry most likely from the auto. As far as what’s happening in that big ol’ tent next....
I’m going to wait until I’ve harvested everything and then it’s going to get cleaned top to bottom.
The winter lineup will likely include Sour Diesel from Humboldt, Nation Health Service from Mr. Nice Seedbank, and Super Lemon Haze from Greenhouse Seed Co.
I’m planning to grab some earthworm castings on the way home so i can start cooking the soil I have. I’ve got enough cooked soil to start vegging but I’ll be at somewhat of a standstill until I start cooking.

The best part about whittling g is you only need a knife and some basswood. It’s so fun lol.

VA hear in California (VAPAHCS) Has done little to help Me. Was given a COLORING BOOK to help with anger issues,
it did make me LAUGH. Also the Woman counselor just did not seem to understand it from a MALES point of view,
as a MALE We are programed differently and dont see things alike, not that its wrong, just different the we deal with
this stuff

Oh BTW The woodworking hobby is a great release, Also growing in itself is a great release for OCD,
Many things to control and I see the feedback in the results

I'm always happy with an ounce from an auto. Much better than 9 grams ;). And great lineup!

I need an extension cord...
Yea 9 grams is... well it’s some kind of record I’d bet, if nothing else lol. Cheers Shed!
VA hear in California (VAPAHCS) Has done little to help Me. Was given a COLORING BOOK to help with anger issues,
it did make me LAUGH. Also the Woman counselor just did not seem to understand it from a MALES point of view,
as a MALE We are programed differently and dont see things alike, not that its wrong, just different the we deal with
this stuff

Oh BTW The woodworking hobby is a great release, Also growing in itself is a great release for OCD,
Many things to control and I see the feedback in the results
Yeah Gazoo, I’m getting the run around a little bit but I’ve gat an appeal going for my disability and you know that stuff gets tedious, to say the least.
I’ve recently decided I need to dry out for a while. Drinking seems to definitely affect my depression in a negative way. Losing weight has helped. I’m not ready for bikini season quite yet but I’m getting there.
The thing about woodworking is that my OCD does get massaged a little. When I make a mortise and tenon and pound it together, as long as the fit is good, I got a little victory inside. Those little victories compel me to strive for perfection and instead of it being hard work, it’s therapy.

Yea 9 grams is... well it’s some kind of record I’d bet, if nothing else lol. Cheers Shed!

Yeah Gazoo, I’m getting the run around a little bit but I’ve gat an appeal going for my disability and you know that stuff gets tedious, to say the least.
I’ve recently decided I need to dry out for a while. Drinking seems to definitely affect my depression in a negative way. Losing weight has helped. I’m not ready for bikini season quite yet but I’m getting there.
The thing about woodworking is that my OCD does get massaged a little. When I make a mortise and tenon and pound it together, as long as the fit is good, I got a little victory inside. Those little victories compel me to strive for perfection and instead of it being hard work, it’s therapy.

I have found I can let my OCD Run rampant in my grow space and I dont feel even a little bit
ashamed or feel Its a bad thing at all, actually quite the opposite. I can control things with complete immunity :rofl:

For me, because I am so connected to trees and the furniture to be made from it, I find that if I can start creating with my hands the depression melts away. Recently, I discovered how addictive whittling can be and I am feeling great right now all over :)
I’ve done some real self-analyzing about what it takes to make me happy, I’m seeing a therapist at the Veterans hospital, and I’m getting some answers. Forward progress feels good. I’m working on finding a way to use my love for woodworking and spread it to others, especially Vets who might get the same therapy I receive when making stuff. Sorry for the rant lol.
So great to read all of that. “...find that if I can start creating with my hands the depression melts away” so good, man!
also often decide to to dry in brown bags. I can’t tell the difference between the two methods as far as taste and smell so I just do whatever floats my boat at the time.
This is me exactly - I have no idea why I do it when i do, just sometimes i doo! :high-five:

Back
Top Bottom