Welcome To Archie’s Indoor/Outdoor Perpetual Garden

Growers' spouses...they just need to get used to us!
Oh I can’t complain, the wife has been more than understanding lol. How did the wife and family like bedroom cookies, Shed?

They finally came out of the jar about 4 days ago, and the two times she smoked it she was fast asleep, taking up the entire bed when I came in! I'd call that a win. For her :).
:thanks:
Oh nice man! Yeah that’s what bedroom does lol, narcolepsy.
Oh plant...gorgeous, and exactly the type of pic I was hoping you would post. Congrats and :welldone: .
Thanks Shed, I’m really happy with the outdoor grow this year and I can’t wait until spring!

For now, I’m setting my sights on the indoor girls. I’ll give CH about 6 or 7 days to hang in the tent and then I’m gonna wash the holy hell out of the tent and get the next grow going.

Fantastic ‘weedies :bravo: Those outdoor plants were a fantastic size and shape for the bed :thumb: Thanks for posting, looks delicious.
:passitleft:
Glad to be at a point that I’m sharing more of what’s going on. It is regrettable that the updates haven’t been more frequent but life gets in the way sometimes. Looking forward to your grow AG!

Congrats on your harvest, AW! Love the looks of all your buds - especially that Carnival. Those outdoor beauties have such nice fat and dense-looking colas. Gonna be a great yield, I'm guessing. :high-five:
I found a really tiny bud worm trying to snack on my flowers this morning. I snatched his ass up with the quickness lol
I feel you pain! I just finished harvesting my last plant of the season (Northern Lights) and removed close to 100 tiny caterpillars from her. Fortunately they were small, but still figure I lost more than an ounce because of them.
Growers' spouses...they just need to get used to us!
True that!
Oh I can’t complain, the wife has been more than understanding lol.
Mine has been quite understanding as well - even helped with the trim for many hours. :love:
It is regrettable that the updates haven’t been more frequent but life gets in the way sometimes.
We've all been there for sure!

life gets in the way sometimes.
Life happens eh, and our various loves and internal machinations push each other around vying for some time on centre stage. It’s not always easy dealing with such a complicated dance. :love:
Looking forward to your grow AG!
Me too - it’s going to be very similar to this outdoor run of yours, I think. 4 late planted varieties in my raised bed - which is double the size of yours. A series of life events are going to delay getting the plants started so that looks like the best and simplest way to do it at this point. I might even plant them straight in the ground like I always used to!

All my best vibes and tokes to you, bud! :Namaste:

Congrats on the mighty fine looking harvests! Love those pink pistils!

:passitleft:
Thanks Ween! It’s been a wonderful outdoor grow. I had a wonderful daily routine of taking the dogs out back in the morning and checking the plants over. Now there’s an empty bed with no more beauties haha. Kinda sorry to see them go really. Cheers mate
Congrats on your harvest, AW! Love the looks of all your buds - especially that Carnival. Those outdoor beauties have such nice fat and dense-looking colas. Gonna be a great yield, I'm guessing. :high-five:

I feel you pain! I just finished harvesting my last plant of the season (Northern Lights) and removed close to 100 tiny caterpillars from her. Fortunately they were small, but still figure I lost more than an ounce because of them.

True that!

Mine has been quite understanding as well - even helped with the trim for many hours. :love:

We've all been there for sure!
I maybe should look a little closer when I clip the flowers from this girl that I just chopped because she seemed to have all the caterpillars for some reason. I might’ve found one on Carnival. I sprayed with BT here and there, it too aggressive really so you get what you put into it eh?
Thanks for the kind word man. I’m glad to have had your hand helping me on this outdoor journey bro. You kept me level headed a couple times when I wanted to freak out a little lol. Cheers
Life happens eh, and our various loves and internal machinations push each other around vying for some time on centre stage. It’s not always easy dealing with such a complicated dance. :love:

Me too - it’s going to be very similar to this outdoor run of yours, I think. 4 late planted varieties in my raised bed - which is double the size of yours. A series of life events are going to delay getting the plants started so that looks like the best and simplest way to do it at this point. I might even plant them straight in the ground like I always used to!

All my best vibes and tokes to you, bud! :Namaste:
Well said AG, it can be complicated. I’m happy to say that I’m back in the shop and all is now right in the world for the time being. I’m exercising, losing weight, eating healthier, volunteering at a couple places in town, and I’m building things. I’m loving everyone the best way I know how.

Yeah I mean I’m contemplating one plant in my bed next year but just training it low and getting it out two months earlier. That said, I’m as happy as a pig in stink about my harvest here. I’m looking at probably a little over half a pound or so between all the recent harvests and I’m still smoking in jars from two harvests ago lol. It’s good to be a grower man!

I maybe should look a little closer when I clip the flowers from this girl that I just chopped because she seemed to have all the caterpillars for some reason.
Nice thing about caterpillars (if there is one), is once the buds start to dry, any that were missed during trim will leave the bud in search of something more fresh.

Hehe - i keep wondering about doing one super big one but I like variety too much, and cant wrangle big plants. That said, i usually do 2, so that’s about equivalent you doing one - soil per plant wise. I’m looking forward to seeing that next northern summer :)

SO happy you have a happy outdoor harvest hanging up ☺️

Hey everyone, it’s been a bit!
I’ve got some numbers from my harvest. Critical Haze came in at around 8zips dried and Carnival was right at 4.5 zips. Not bad considering their short veg cycle of maybe six weeks or so.

Dried nug of Carnival
CAA3E091-F41B-4BEF-9218-E08D3352707C.jpeg

I got my winter grow off the ground, stay tuned for the following post where I talk about that here in a few minutes.
Smoke report from the last grow:

Green Doctor - She’s as surprising as she was the first time I grew her only more of her to go around, which is a great thing! She is super potent for a 2:1 CBD:THC plant, in my limited experience. If she’s really 2:1, then she’s got a whole lot of CBD because the THC side of things is nice and strong and long lasting thanks to the Haze genetics. I would not hesitate to run her again for a third time, she’s that good.

Mexican Airlines (autoflower): She was stunted pretty good as she started flowering during a really bad heat wave, further reminding me of how pointless it is to try and do indoor plants in my garage during the summer.
otherwise, she’s kinda diesel-like in her taste with hints of citrus and her effects are very sativa. It’s a shame she didn’t reach a higher level of development.

Carnival:
She is earthy with citrus notes and she is a very creative stone. Perfect for what I do daily. I have more seeds of her and I will run her again at some point. Grew like a champ and was very easy to trim.

Critical Haze:
Lots of little medium size nugs, as Haze plants often do, and man they all added up to way more than I would have guessed. She’s very earthy and the stone lasts that much longer thanks to the Haze lineage. I don’t have any more seeds of her and wouldn’t be interested to run her again. It that she’s bad, just nothing outstanding about her. I took a couple zips and made some oil and it worked out great!

Well that wraps up 2019 as far as harvests go, for me. Thank you everyone who’s been with me on this journal!:green_heart:

Indoor Grow (Winter Edition)
Alright here we grow with another round of green goodness!
I cleaned out my tent, top to bottom, and did some housekeeping with the cords and such.

here’s the lineup:
Bruce Banger from Seedsman x2
Super Lemon Haze from Greenhouse Seed Co.
Phantom OG from Barney’s Farm ( I think)
National Health Service (NHS) from Mr. Nice seedbank *this is a regular seed( fingers crossed)

Okay, I wanted to try my hand at more than one NHS but germination didn’t happen so we get what we get, let’s hope she’s a girl.
I will get back to my plans with NHS, but first I want to explain my plan this time around.
I’m running my Max Yield led and about 200w of COB leds that gives me great coverage of about 24sqft in my 4x8 tent, the rest of the space has my heater and humidifier and ac( if I need it).

I am currently toying with the idea of SCROGGING the four female seedlings and quadlining the NHS in case it’s a male.
So on the left half of my tent, in the 4x4 section, I’ll make a frame with string giving me 2x2 squares. I have reservations about doing this but it’s something I think I’d like to try as it’s been on my mind for a few years.
I have a concrete sprayer that I use for watering so it shouldn’t be too hard to water, but I am concerned about being able to reach that plant in the back left corner.Patience and perseverance should help.
I also plan to top at the fifth node and set the frame about a foot above the plants. Topping should happen in the next day or so for at least 3 out of the 4 destined for the SCROG.
I know soil probably isn’t the best choice for a SCROG, but I’m not growing my plants any other way for the foreseeable future.
Here’s some photos:
8FB6A9C2-4BF5-4494-B755-FC62DA79B4F6.jpeg
92C915FD-7C4B-492F-BBCE-948A31111756.jpeg
72DBEAB5-AC00-476E-8B6C-F6FB8EDA75F3.jpeg
2F0A7F7E-F726-40AC-B0A1-F6ABB335604D.jpeg
C59AA713-4F73-4342-95D1-7507EC9D0751.jpeg
9019E80D-51A8-4BB4-A7BC-754D22A0C1FC.jpeg
F6F6D8EE-223D-40D2-A6D1-63F9869EE2D1.jpeg
CAC16A98-ED23-4D22-A178-0FBEF2F471A8.jpeg

You may notice, I had planned for a Sour Diesel from Humboldt Seeds but it never germinated. Everything happens for a reason and she might have to wait until spring to get another shot :passitleft: Cheers:420:

Back
Top Bottom