Welcome To My New Journal - OMMSOG

How can you cheat at NOTM? lol

Believe it or not, copying past winners pictures and calling them your own....and wining with it! Jandre investigated and made it public! Good on him! :bravo::thanks:

cripes!!! who the hell was dumb enough to do that? Nevermind, I dun wanna know lol
Least my pictures are all my own. Tried different lighting. We'll see. I'm not holding much hope but it sure the hell smokes well. I think next time I'm going to try longer curing. I'm still all new to this. I want smooth and damn good tasting. I remember back in the day we use to hang the whole plant. Just don't have the room or venting for that. Now, just have a 4x4 tent with the netting and have a fan blowing thru the tent. Have a carbon filter and fan scrubbing the air on it's way out.

ok all caught up for tonight gotta sleep now early day tomorrow and even earlier on the following days
hope it dont get too hot this summer or its gonna suck working outside lol

Really shouldn't have given you a "like". For that, but you know what I meant. Good luck..take salt pills and drink allot of water! I was going to say something about my AC, but that would be mean!:smokin:

cripes!!! who the hell was dumb enough to do that? Nevermind, I dun wanna know lol
Least my pictures are all my own. Tried different lighting. We'll see. I'm not holding much hope but it sure the hell smokes well. I think next time I'm going to try longer curing. I'm still all new to this. I want smooth and damn good tasting. I remember back in the day we use to hang the whole plant. Just don't have the room or venting for that. Now, just have a 4x4 tent with the netting and have a fan blowing thru the tent. Have a carbon filter and fan scrubbing the air on it's way out.

I hear you...they are your own! I enter sometimes just to participate. It's fun.

The very best curring happens in the jars over time. No joke. There are some little humidity readers that you can place in the jars too. If they have 67% humidity in the jars, you are good to go. 4 months down the road you will have some killer smoke! Much, much better than when you first test them.

My AC has made me rethink my drying methods, before they go into the jars. They are drying way too fast.

I hear you...they are your own! I enter sometimes just to participate. It's fun.

The very best curring happens in the jars over time. No joke. There are some little humidity readers that you can place in the jars too. If they have 67% humidity in the jars, you are good to go. 4 months down the road you will have some killer smoke! Much, much better than when you first test them.

My AC has made me rethink my drying methods, before they go into the jars. They are drying way too fast.

Whoa no shit? 4 months of curing in the jar??
I think I pulled mine from drying to the jars a little quick. Dryed 5 days and I should have went 7.
So whats this 67%? Can you please explain this to me kind sir??

Whoa no shit? 4 months of curing in the jar??
I think I pulled mine from drying to the jars a little quick. Dryed 5 days and I should have went 7.
So whats this 67%? Can you please explain this to me kind sir??

I sure can my friend. Our two gurus Xlr8 and Mr. Krip did some testing a while back and they found that 67% Humidity in the jars was perfect for a long term cure. They will not mold or have other problems at 67% H. I picked up a bunch of the little humidity readers on the big auction site.
I think they were around a dollar a piece. If your humidity is too low, you can just throw a few leaves from a growing plant in the jar to raise the H back to 67%. If there is too much H..just scatter your buds on a clean table for an hour of so to bring them back down. Do not let your buds touch each other on the table....causes mold sometimes. After a couple of months in the jars....test them...they maybe perfect for your taste.

I grew some Bubblelicious that was terrible with a short cure......I put it in jars in a nice dark cool place and forgot them. A little over a month ago I tested it after a six month cure and it had turned into great smoke. Most people agree that a two month cure in jars is almost mandatory for good taste and smoke. Gets rid of the chlorophyll taste too.

If you look in the "how to grow" section, there are many ways to cure our girls. Getting rid of the chlorophyll taste is mandatory. After that a long term cure is were it's at.

I really wish I had a dark room with ventilation, but not too much. I would leave my girls in there until the stems snap and then into the jars for the long term. To me that's the best way.

I bet we will hear of other ways to cure, now that I have given my opinion. The more the merrier, we might learn a better way!
:high-five:

Mornin' Unk-O!

"woke up this morning, don't see no sun" Bob Marley and a nice hit of Vantage with my cup of Joe.

Just getting ready to start my day, lots of stuff to do, packing and such. Moving sux.

Wish you luck with your Bio. I'll send you +vibes as per usual.

Love you and aunt Jo. :peace:

Hi MsMe I agree...we are what we are through our experiences. We may as well except them, we are who we are. :thumb:

I've been toying with the idea of breaking my journals into smaller pieces.....that maybe help on the size...what do you think?:surf: I'm not sure they would be consistent that way tho. :popcorn:
thats right ! omm,with out bad we wouldnt know good like yogi berra said if you come to a fork in the road take it.

Iam not sure about breaking your journals up. the inbetween talk is just as intresting and I would fill my subbed page full all the way lol:thanks:

I sure can my friend. Our two gurus Xlr8 and Mr. Krip did some testing a while back and they found that 67% Humidity in the jars was perfect for a long term cure. The will not mold or have other problems at 67% H. I picked up a bunch of the little humidity readers on the big auction site.
I think they were around a dollar a piece. If your humidity is too low, you can just throw a few leaves from a growing plant in the jar to raise the H back to 67%. If there is too much H..just scatter your buds on a clean table for an hour of so to bring them back down. Do not let your buds touch each other on the table....causes mold sometimes. After a couple of months in the jars....test them...they maybe perfect for your taste.

I grew some Bubblelicious that was terrible with a short cure......I put it in jars in a nice dark cool place and forgot them. A little over a month ago I tested it after a six month cure and it had turned into great smoke. Most people agree that a two month cure in jars is almost mandatory for good taste and smoke. Gets rid of the chlorophyll taste too.

If you look in the "how to grow" section, there are many ways to cure our girls. Getting rid of the chlorophyll taste is mandatory. After that a long term cure is were it's at.

I really wish I had a dark room with ventilation, but not too much. I would leave my girls in there until the stems snap and then into the jars for the long term. To me that's the best way.

I bet we will hear of other ways to cure, now that I have given my opinion. The more the merrier, we might learn a better way!
:high-five:

Thanks OMM, that was the info I was looking for! Tried looking for that humidty sensor but to no avail. I'll keep looking though

Gotcha some more reps for the info my friend!

Mornin' Unk-O!

"woke up this morning, don't see no sun" Bob Marley and a nice hit of Vantage with my cup of Joe.

Just getting ready to start my day, lots of stuff to do, packing and such. Moving sux.

Wish you luck with your Bio. I'll send you +vibes as per usual.

Love you and aunt Jo. :peace:

Sounds like a good way to start the day, Nephew.:thumb:

QueenTokelove knows all about moving......I hope yours goes smooth.:circle-of-love:

I feel the vibes already!:surf:

Thanks OMM, that was the info I was looking for! Tried looking for that humidty sensor but to no avail. I'll keep looking though

Gotcha some more reps for the info my friend!

Thanks for the reps! I'll see if I can find those little humidity things tomorrow.:high-five:

thats right ! omm,with out bad we wouldnt know good like yogi berra said if you come to a fork in the road take it.

Iam not sure about breaking your journals up. the inbetween talk is just as intresting and I would fill my subbed page full all the way lol:thanks:

That's Great! Yogi was right! :bravo:

You have a point about the Journals. My last two journals kept going until I started a new one, even though they were in the finished journals pile. :love:

We are getting close to the end of this one......it's way too long already.:smokin:

That's Great! Yogi was right! :bravo:

You have a point about the Journals. My last two journals kept going until I started a new one, even though they were in the finished journals pile. :love:

We are getting close to the end of this one......it's way too long already.:smokin:

when you start a new one please reserve me a seat. hate to have to camp out in front of the ticket booth:adore:

thats ok I would pay for the seat anyway. hell might be a party break out in the line and Iam sure that would be with some fine people:party:

Thanks MS. Next to go, I think is the little SAGE. Then the rest of Lucy, for sure looks like the Lemon Skunk will be last.

Thanks for the prod...I needed that...only three in veg so far...guess what I'll be doing tomorrow! :thumb:
:bravo:
The same wish for you my friend.

:high-five: I hope you are your crew got to it this weekend LOL. My thoughts as well, let'em go as long as they are still filling out.
Thanks OMM! Hows the cooking going, I know you are the cook of the family and it is garden season once again.

:peace:

I wouldn't have it any other way either :Namaste:

Sometimes it feels so hectic catching up...but there's nothing better than being caught up :smokin:

You always have some awesome discussions over here:high-five:

I wanted to rep you a long time ago when I noticed you "re-posted" GimmeTheGoods forms of the dry/cure. I believe MS has his own solid version as well.

I believe the 65-67% humidity is the absolutely prime for cannabis curing. I purchased a tiny cigar hygrometer called the Caliber 3 (19.99) at a local cigar shop and just slide it into the jars so I can read it from the outside. I read somewhere for every 5% above 70% rh means 10-12 hours of extended drying time on avg? Exactly like a leaf, I'll put a tiny orange peel in there if I'm under 60%.

Sorry for going off about this :sorry:

I am just very interested in the dry/cure and would love to try new things as yourself :Namaste::circle-of-love:

Just caught up on a few pages....

OMG, Sisco's moving? Good luck with that, I am sure your move will go much better than mine did, it was the worst move ever. As for the government and big pharma, well, we have been getting f*cked with no vaseline or a kiss for a long time. Excuse my crudeness but it will keep happening, I don't see any changes happening in our lifetimes. Money talks and bullsh*t walks but it is sad that the many lives lost is considered bullsh*t by the government. Wishing you the best on your biopsy today.

Back
Top Bottom