It's pretty hard to get seeds out here in the states.

I've not had any trouble, although I've bought seeds less than two dozen times, total (going back to the '90s). I have heard that the NY ISC is full of thieves, though, and that a person's seeds - or camera, or birthday card, or... - might go in but never come out again, lol.

All this clone weed feels and smokes fake. Stepping down that potency every time you clone.

It doesn't work like that :icon_roll .

I've not had any trouble, although I've bought seeds less than two dozen times, total (going back to the '90s). I have heard that the NY ISC is full of thieves, though, and that a person's seeds - or camera, or birthday card, or... - might go in but never come out again, lol.

It doesn't work like that :icon_roll .

Then why buy seeds right.

Then why buy seeds right.

If you get a good phenotype of a strain that you liked or that grows well and can keep cloning it pretty much won't need seeds, it's just finding one like that that can take quite awhile as it is pretty much getting a lucky roll of the dice. That and I don't want to smoke the same strain all the time, so trying to find another one like my Blue Widow that puts up with abuse and makes nice Flowers/Buds so I can have a variety around to smoke.

Hi NukeHeads .
Skunk here, professional grower of many, many years.

Please break down, in detail, the lineage of your "NukeHeads "F1 & F2"" varietals.

What are the P1 parents?

and their lineage & pedigrees?

What's the stated focus of your breeding project?

I'd like to see a chart detailing the project thus far, generation by generation, including specific traits selected for, and culled, in successive generations.

We'd also appreciate photo-documentation, including shots of the selection pool and breeding area.

At *cough* $30 a seed, I'm sure you understand that full transparency is essential-even more so from a wholly untested, new company selling seeds that nobody has ever heard of.

I'll be looking forward to the concise breakdown.

Thanks,

Skunk

420-magazine-mobile154826390.jpg

Well out Bc i don't care if it's the best genetics in the world I would like to see a linage tree to see where they started and crossed and then got that final pheno stable and ready to go, everywhere at least any good seed bank will show you there linage / cross breeding chart to see how you stabilized pheno for a consistent and quality product, i look forward to seeing your chart until then I'll be getting my usual genetics of "compound genetics" "HSO" "G13 Labs" and mephisito seeds are all my go to breeder and also barneys farm but I ran most of there line up that's why I am currently run HSO and G13 Labs for a little change next run is Lemon Kush Headband, Desert diesel , and super bud by Greenhouse seeds, and of course toss some autos in for a nice harvest during veg time of new beans I drop i am gonna be back in DWC with double air stone or air disks in each bucket I have 3 4 pronged air pumps plus. 6 single pronged pumps and I have 10 dwc buckets so hopefully ill run just enough to use air pumps and have double stones to PUMP as much air possible thanks for asking the same question I would have

If its good then I don't care what's in it or how I got it just want to grow it and smoke it ,pro breeders this and that I breed my own strains and I've lost count of how many crosses and exactly which strains I've chosen over the years hell I used to buy breeders seeds get given seeds had old family stored seeds pop them all together and I used to not label anything and grow them all out pick out the best which you could clearly see smell and taste regardless of fancy name and then keep it around and cross the next super plant I find not every one is an anal record keeper going by the book in this world man.
That's how I made this girl and no she doesn't even have a "strain " name .
IMG_113544.JPG
IMG_112843.JPG
IMG_117041.JPG

The plant itself is proof it exists ,I could write any crap I wanted true or false and the plant remains the same.

That being said I will grow out the Nukehead strain and if its good I'll be happy and if its not I'll move on yeah ,again regardless of what strains are within the nukehead .

If its good then I don't care what's in it or how I got it just want to grow it and smoke it ,pro breeders this and that I breed my own strains and I've lost count of how many crosses and exactly which strains I've chosen over the years hell I used to buy breeders seeds get given seeds had old family stored seeds pop them all together and I used to not label anything and grow them all out pick out the best which you could clearly see smell and taste regardless of fancy name and then keep it around and cross the next super plant I find not every one is an anal record keeper going by the book in this world man.
IMG_113544.JPG
IMG_112843.JPG
IMG_117041.JPG

The plant itself is proof it exists ,I could write any crap I wanted true or false and the plant remains the same.

That being said I will grow out the Nukehead strain and if its good I'll be happy and if its not I'll move on yeah ,again regardless of what strains are within the nukehead .

Knowledge is power and I like to know the lineage of all my strains. It lets me know what to expect when crossing them, or what parent each pheno leans toward. If someone gives me a mystery and it's great sure I will keep it. But I am much happier knowing where it has come from.

I breed my own strains and I've lost count of how many crosses and exactly which strains I've chosen over the years hell I used to buy breeders seeds get given seeds had old family stored seeds pop them all together and I used to not label anything and grow them all out pick out the best which you could clearly see smell and taste regardless of fancy name and then keep it around and cross the next super plant I find not every one is an anal record keeper going by the book in this world man.

So if some catastrophe befell you and you lost that particular strain's mothers/seeds... you're basically just f*cked, huh? Err... I mean... you'll get to spend the next n years growing/crossing/backcrossing/rinse/lather/repeat, hoping to hit upon the combination and generation again, I guess? Admittedly, you might get lucky in round one (if so, watch out for random lightning strikes at the exact moment they happen to draw your winning Powerball numbers, because having both events occur at the same time is probably about as likely ;) ) - or, who knows, you might end up with something even better. But it seems likely that you'd be setting yourself up for a lot of effort/time/expense that a little bit of record-keeping could at least slightly ameliorate.

So if some catastrophe befell you and you lost that particular strain's mothers/seeds... you're basically just f*cked, huh? Err... I mean... you'll get to spend the next n years growing/crossing/backcrossing/rinse/lather/repeat, hoping to hit upon the combination and generation again, I guess? Admittedly, you might get lucky in round one (if so, watch out for random lightning strikes at the exact moment they happen to draw your winning Powerball numbers, because having both events occur at the same time is probably about as likely ;) ) - or, who knows, you might end up with something even better. But it seems likely that you'd be setting yourself up for a lot of effort/time/expense that a little bit of record-keeping could at least slightly ameliorate.

This is why in my opinion breeding is one of the hardest things to do and keep up with. It's allot of work really. Keeping generations cataloged. Keeping seeds in fire proof boxes so if your place burned down you don't lose years of work. It's like keeping source code to your application on a USB drive in a fireproof safe (Which we use for this very purpose of procurement).

We respect all breeders in FACT .... we look for other breeders really putting work into trying to create a new line out there. We'd like to sell your seeds if you are O.K with our rates. We have considered making a " Freelance Breeder " page on our website so that breeders who don't necessarily have the funds to get their name out, to get their breed shared can get some exposure. Think record labeling companies but in the seeds business we broadcast your stuff that we buy from you. This lends itself to what we think of a software Freeware" OPEN SOURCE " equivalent business model but in the seeds business. People can share their source codes and make money doing it. (Share your seeds strain).. Obviously we would want to see documented efforts you shared online trying to get your stuff noticed, and see a history of this ( You putting on the hustle ). We have not yet entirely decided on this concept, but what do you all think about it ? There is many many talented folks out there with notebooks filled of dates, and breeding notes as they document their passion of breeding into something as simple as hand written notepads journal their strain, keeping seeds in dated bins for generation catalogs as they work to perfect their strain and breeding techniques; Think dog breeding, your aiming for the perfect german shephard, maybe one with yellow eyes to show his old wolf traits in his gene line. So the second a puppy gets yellow eyes you breed that one and repeat until you have a dominant gene in your breed line. There is many seed breeders busting their rear ends doing this very thing today, but may never get known for their hard work. They go on forums, they share but get shot down because they don't have advertising money, they youtube their strain to death but it doesn't lift off like they had hoped, maybe some growers don't share much with the world, but they share photos and pride of their work to a closed few etc.. but they have one killer strain. We have sat around talking about this in our business model, but it lends to much fraud issues like people wanting to sell seeds they got off the street but not putting in the work to breed their own stuff etc.. So any ideas on how to perfect this concept we are open to listening.

Back
Top Bottom