Winging It In Winter By The Window: Soil Auto Grow

Glitter Pics
#gettingthere

Bruce Banner # 2

I am seeing a few ambers. The rest don't look milky enough to me but I didn't expect them to be ready yet.
DSC_0153-Edit.jpg
DSC_0161-Edit.jpg
DSC_0164-Edit.jpg

Wedding Cake

These trichs look to my eyes as if they are turning milky.
DSC_0142-Edit.jpg
DSC_0145-Edit.jpg
DSC_0148-Edit.jpg

Thank you for keeping me company on my journey. This journal is almost at an end and then I will be taking a break for a while. I am so pleased, relieved and proud to have managed my winter window grow. I honestly wouldn't have accomplished this if it wasn't for the support and advice I have got from fellow growers:thanks:
Yummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!! Stunning trichys!
:green_heart: :cheer: :thanks: :cheer: :green_heart: :thanks:

Super frosty. Almost there. If you are worried about timing, I'll gladly keep them for you now haha. Looking forward to your smoke report and some pics of those nugs dried. Hells yeah. So nothing going on for summer? Even a spot while on a hike to drop a couple beans and come back next year lol?
Lol! Thanks for the offer chommie. I have too much going on, comings and goings during summer for a hands on thing, and I am not geared up for being in the wilderness on my own, so I won't go guerilla this season :laughtwo:
Nice Carmen!! Nearly there. Tell me how many hours of direct sun do you get through your window?
Thank you Skottelgoed. I get very little direct sun and it is in the afternoon for max a couple of hours as it passes by.
Yummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!! Stunning trichys!
:green_heart: :cheer: :thanks: :cheer: :green_heart: :thanks:
Thank you so much AutoNaut :thanks:

Yay! I was thinking of you this morning as I was tidying my kitchen and baking cup cakes for some reason :)

lmao!!!

Thanks Skottelgoed! The weather has been stunning the last three days. I went to Bikini Beach for an ice-cream two days ago :) Make that two evenings ago, just before lights out.

Hi Keith, I have indeed done that but it is not typical and has been disruptive. As long as the plants get their dark period, the temps don't dip too low, and humidity isn't insane they have responded very well. Temps have been as low as 6 degrees C but that is at night. Have you seen how I am giving them their darkness? I have draped bin bags around the frame of the leds and I put them up on the adjacent window too. If I need to go to the living room after lights out I use a torch. I have draped bin bags in the doorway to the living room too, to keep the light out. It's a schlepp, but if one had a dedicated room it would work well in our climate, or a Carbox like this :) Big ups for winter grows! Where abouts in the world are you located? What's your climate like?

Thank you growmes :) I wouldn't have done it if it weren't for your encouragement!
My plant is in a large pot to big to move from the outdoors I will try and send pics.

You're nearly done Carmen and I am mighty impressed that you were able to pull this off under less than ideal conditions! And you've produced some primo plants! :bravo:

My plant is in a large pot to big to move from the outdoors I will try and send pics.
It's a beautiful plant Keith. I love to see plants living the outdoor life. Did you say this is your first grow or am I mistaken?

You're nearly done Carmen and I am mighty impressed that you were able to pull this off under less than ideal conditions! And you've produced some primo plants! :bravo:
Thank you so much GDB, it feels good to hear that :)

Hey Carmen, your load shedding issues have made it to a full page photo essay in this morning's NY Times:
20220919_092309.jpg
Thank you for sharing this Shed! I'm so relieved that it is making international news. I don't think our government have any shame, but at least it is in the news. It's an excellent photo essay because you can see how badly this affects everybody's lives. We are all bracing as our economy is buckling.

It's a beautiful plant Keith. I love to see plants living the outdoor life. Did you say this is your first grow or am I mistaken?

Thank you so much GDB, it feels good to hear that :)

Thank you for sharing this Shed! I'm so relieved that it is making international news. I don't think our government have any shame, but at least it is in the news. It's an excellent photo essay because you can see how badly this affects everybody's lives. We are all bracing as our economy is buckling.
Yes it is my first grow and thank you

Yes it is my first grow and thank you
You should totally document the remainder of your grow. I love the shape of your plant. You look a most accomplished gardener. Did you say what strain it is you have there.
That glitter ✨ ✨

Carm dark or light you’re fucking awesome!
Thanks Tra!

I feel a bit sad that my winter grow is coming to an end. Tomorrow the Wedding Cake will come down and I have started to remove some of her fans in preparation. She has milky trichomes with a smattering of ambers. The Bruce Banner #2 is not far behind. I am hoping I have a week to hang the first harvest before I have to hang a second, just because of space issues but I can make a plan if I have to. I am super chuffed that my Bruce Banner #2 is so successful. The reviews all say it is a difficult strain to grow.

Friday 23rd Sept UPDATE

PHOTOPERIOD PLANTS
Bruce Banner #2
109 Days AG, Flip 55 days
19th Sept 2L water plus the usual additives
21st Sept 2 L water
DSC_0240-Edit.jpg
DSC_0244-Edit.jpg

Wedding Cake 109 Days AG, Flip 55 days
19th Sept 2 L water plus the usual additives
21st Sept 2 L water
DSC_0249-Edit.jpg
DSC_0255-Edit.jpg

Wedding Cake Glitter
DSC_0232-Edit.jpg
DSC_0264-Edit.jpg

Thanks for stopping by and have an awesome weekend folks :)

I feel a bit sad that my winter grow is coming to an end. Tomorrow the Wedding Cake will come down and I have started to remove some of her fans in preparation. She has milky trichomes with a smattering of ambers. The Bruce Banner #2 is not far behind. I am hoping I have a week to hang the first harvest before I have to hang a second, just because of space issues but I can make a plan if I have to. I am super chuffed that my Bruce Banner #2 is so successful. The reviews all say it is a difficult strain to grow.

Friday 23rd Sept UPDATE

PHOTOPERIOD PLANTS
Bruce Banner #2
109 Days AG, Flip 55 days
19th Sept 2L water plus the usual additives
21st Sept 2 L water
DSC_0240-Edit.jpg
DSC_0244-Edit.jpg

Wedding Cake 109 Days AG, Flip 55 days
19th Sept 2 L water plus the usual additives
21st Sept 2 L water
DSC_0249-Edit.jpg
DSC_0255-Edit.jpg

Wedding Cake Glitter
DSC_0232-Edit.jpg
DSC_0264-Edit.jpg

Thanks for stopping by and have an awesome weekend folks :)
Damn can't believe its that time already. This is going to be an awesome harvest and can't wait for the smoke report my friend. Have an awesome weekend and enjoy heritage day. 😁

This has been an interesting grow, start to finish...
I can tell you now- I wasn't really sure you could make it work, but you did, and with excellent results...very well done, Carmen!
I look forward to seeing what you do next year :love:
And have a nice harvest tomorrow!

Back
Top Bottom