Winging It In Winter By The Window: Soil Auto Grow

Greetings friends,

I missed the summer season and have been paying dearly for my meds! I have a gap and out of desperation am going to grow some window weed this winter. If I am capable, I will be erecting / hanging a diy led light above the plants to run overnight. I won't run it during the day unless there are dark days. I will not be heating the room due to cost and I will not be using a tent. I wanted to try in my closet, but it's just not big enough for the light.

Help me choose please as I am going grow 2 plants at a time. This is the selection I have (I bought what I could afford, what was available and what sounded good):

AUTO NBA DIESEL

50% SATIVA – 30% INDICA – 20% RUDERALIS

THC: 13-17% CBD: N/A CBN: N/A

GENETICS

NBA Diesel x Ruderalis

FLAVOUR

Auto NBA Diesel has a spicy flavour and aroma, with notes of exotic fruit, earth, pine wood and Diesel.

EFFECTS

The effect is powerful, long-lasting and rather physical. Diesel lovers will certainly enjoy this Autoflowering cannabis seed.

FLOWERING INDOOR

9-10 weeks flowering time with a yield up to 500 g/m². Can be flowered at any photoperiod between 12 and 18 hours of light per day. 11-12 weeks total crop time.

This strain is a hybrid of the classic New York City Diesel crossed with the awesome Lowryder #2. Like all the newer Autoflowering hybrids, it has an improved yield and better flavour compared to many of the original Autoflowering strains.

LAVENDER BEST

20% SATIVA – 80% INDICA

THC: 19-23% CBD: 0,19% CBN: 0,05%

GENETICS

Super skunk x Big Skunk Korean x Afghani x Hawaiian

FLAVOUR

Lavender Best has a really intense flavour and aroma, with notes of sweet lavender and spicy aroma.

EFFECTS

The effect is powerful, relaxing and long-lasting.

FLOWERING INDOOR

9-10 weeks, with a yield up to 650 g/m². Very good for SOG.

As the name implies this variety is extremely aromatic and its smell has a touch mint and rosemary. Genetically it’s a complicated three-way cross between Super Skunk x Big Skunk Korean x Afghani Hawaiian. The leaves turn dark purple during the flowering time, which can reach 63-70 days until the buds are finished. Manicuring is very simple due to the high calyx-to-leaf ratio. The flowers start to develop resin glads very early in the flowering stage, so by the end of the lifecycle the buds are flooded with resin. Lavender Best has also proven to be resistant against powdery mildew and botrytis. Definitely a strain for connoisseurs because of its peculiarity.

AUTO CARAMEL KING

5% SATIVA – 75% INDICA – 20% RUDERALIS

THC: 20% CBD: 1,6% CBN: N/A

GENETICS

Caramel King x Ruderalis

FLAVOUR

Auto Caramel King has a sweet flavour and aroma, with notes of caramel.

EFFECTS

Fast hitter, it has a very relaxing body-stoned effect.

FLOWERING INDOOR

8-9 weeks flowering time with a yield up to 450-600 g/m². Can be flowered at any photoperiod between 12 and 18 hours of light per day. 10-11 weeks total crop time.

Our three-way crossbreed of Blue Black x Maple Leaf Indica x White Rhino was grown on a large scale. One particularly heavy yielding specimen was chosen out of many and we crossed it with an Autoflowering Northern Lights hybrid. The results are very interesting plants with a superior character. They have a good yield of big sized buds and a medium height. Due to the dense flowers plants can be susceptible to mold but if grown early enough in the season, there will be no problems. Recommended for beginners and experienced growers.

WEST COAST OG

Genotype Indica-dominant

Suitable for Indoors and outdoors

Comprehensive life cycle 56-63 days

Indoor yield Medium-High

Indoor height 70-100 cm

West Coast OG Auto is an autoflowering Indica-dominant cannabis hybrid historically known for her quality and medical properties. She delivers a highly sought-after effect based on the perfect balance between happiness and relaxation.

West Coast OG Auto is an autoflowering plant that will be ready for harvest in just 8-9 weeks from germination. She's compact in size, reaching a moderate height of up to 100 cm. She develops easily in any growing environment, even when in the hands of less experienced growers, and will dazzle with her beautiful, big buds, blessed with a thick layer of whitish trichomes. It is advised to use carbon filters to conceal the intense smell that she releases.

West Coast OG Auto produces an effect that starts with a cerebral high with delicious feelings of euphoria and happiness, later followed by total calm and relaxation.

West Coast OG Auto's aroma is fresh and smells of the forest; her flavour is distinctively piney, with earthy touches and citric hues

I'll be peeking in, Carmen, and I vote West Coast OG!

I would have been here before, Stone but, unlike him, I drove the speed limit on the way here. :)

Highya Carmen Ray,

Sounds like Auto's are very much improved from earlier offerings! I'm with SO, NBA Diesel is what I'm rooting for!! Hope your winter grow goes well!! Happy Smokin'

Hiya.....so I actually looked up each of the strains and......oh my lavender best looks like it would be a pretty lady...and "powerful, relaxing, and long lasting" sounds great to me.

Good luck with the beanz

If you suffer from anxiety, the Lavender Best is a good strain as it will be high in the terpene, linalool. The Caramel King looks good, too. Those are my votes.

I'll be peeking in, Carmen, and I vote West Coast OG!

I would have been here before, Stone but, unlike him, I drove the speed limit on the way here. :)
Thank you for being here GDB. It must be those CBD gummies keeping you at an even pace nomnomnom That's one for the West Coast OG :)
I did a buck eighty on the rocket! zzzzzzzzzzzzoom!
Thanks Otter, your enthusiasm is catchy and that's the best kind of thing to catch. I was also an NBA Diesel vote, with Caramel King as the other seed of choice.
Highya Carmen Ray,

Sounds like Auto's are very much improved from earlier offerings! I'm with SO, NBA Diesel is what I'm rooting for!! Hope your winter grow goes well!! Happy Smokin'
Thank you Bode. I don't know if you ever read Enid Blighton's Faraway Tree books? Looking through seed catalogues these days makes me think I've stumbled into a land at the top of the tree. There is so much to choose from.
I like the quotes in your signature btw... they reminded me to to take a deep breath.
Looking forward to it Carmen. I'll leave it to those more up on the different strains to make suggestions. All the best.
Hey Stunger, thanks for being here and for the encouragement. It's been a while since I popped into your grow world and I see that you have been very busy since last I looked.
Hiya.....so I actually looked up each of the strains and......oh my lavender best looks like it would be a pretty lady...and "powerful, relaxing, and long lasting" sounds great to me.

Good luck with the beanz
Hey Happy, That is one for the Lavender's Best, thank you for visiting my journal and helping me choose my seeds for my first auto grow. I have just been having a good laugh at the catchy titles in your signature. I see I have some enjoyable reading to look forward to... and photos.
If you suffer from anxiety, the Lavender Best is a good strain as it will be high in the terpene, linalool. The Caramel King looks good, too. Those are my votes.
Hi HG, thank you for visiting and I absolutely do suffer from anxiety, so the Linalool will be good to bear in mind. That's two for the Lavender's Best. I like the look of the Caramel King because it has some Northern Lights in its ancestry, and it sounds delicious.
West Coast repping here so West Coast OG is my choice! I was going to say Lavender but they don't even mention the ruderalis in the cross so they lost out.

Also, :ciao:
Hi Shed, thanks for coming over here to my new start. I didn't notice that about the Lavenders Best until you pointed it out... how could I not lol. I will dig a bit to clarify the split. This was a free seed that came with the Caramel King and the NBA Diesel, which I bought.... that's two votes for the West Coast OG.

If I am correct, that is two votes for each seed. For the moment I will exclude the Lavenders Best, I think. So it looks like I need to choose between the NBA Diesel and the West Coast OG, because I really fancy the Caramel King for its Northern Lights heritage :nomo:

Thank you but no, you can't take a vote back :green_heart: I am going to go for the West Coast OG and the Caramel King. The WCOG seeds were a gift from a friend who will be emigrating later this year, so it will be nice to give him some bud.

About the soil I will be using. It is a local artisanal soil called Orgasoilux Premium Living Earth Blend - this is its description:
"Orgasoilux is a premium organic artisan hand crafted living potting soil, tested by labs both nationally and internationally
Orgasoilux has been specifically designed for growing cannabis but works well for any heavy feeding annuals such as maize, potatoes, tomatoes and brassicas.
The mix of compost, cocopeat, sphagnum peat moss (sustainably harvested), perlite and earthworm compost/castings gives an excellent soil texture which drains perfectly while still holding the correct amount of water.
The compost, castings, raw nutrients and minerals mixed into the soil will provide enough food for the plant and soil microbes for 3 – 6 months depending on the plant.
Orgasoilux has also been designed to be reused, by simply adding a top dressing of the Elemental Blend ~ mineral and nutrient pack.
To enhance and unlock the full potential of Orgasoilux it is recommended that a beneficial root fungi – mycorrhizal fungi be used when transplanting (note this is not needed for the brassica family due to a different microbial community in their rhizosphere).
Mulch is also highly recommended as it performs various beneficial functions on the soil from insulation and pest deterrent to providing a slow release of nutrients"
I have some Rooibos Tea to mulch with.

Comes out swinging lol nice choices Carmen! Each a solid classic imo they sound amazing. As much as Lavender is my fav kind of herb terp some diesel does it for me but a sweet choice w W Coast too ;) nice tight schedule to it too apparently.
Piney terps :yummy: that's appealing, going to be great no doubt.

:Namaste::popcorn:

Good choice both should be easy to move around to get even light , both should finish about the same time

High-ya and happy 420!:cheer:

A mate of mine dropped of a DIY LED light for me, which has two settings: on/off :thumb:. I am thrilled to bits with my 420 gift and am going to hang it up from the window bars seen in the pic. This is the spot I have chosen to grow these chaps. I will be overnighting somewhere in a few days, so I will put the seeds in baggies before I leave, so that they will hopefully be ready on my return. (I have seen how @InTheShed sterilizes and starts his seeds because he gave a brilliant tutorial on the subject. I still do mine in baggies because it has always worked for me, although the sterilizing seems to be an excellent idea and worth pursuing... I will eventually upskill and get to that point)

This is the window space I will use. I have placed towels on the table and bench surface to protect them and I have placed plastic drip trays where the plants will be positioned at night under the light. I reckon I will more than likely be rotating pots as the sun moves during the day. I will use my 20L grow bags and plant in the the Orgasoilux mentioned in my previous post. My tap water is just fine.
IMG_20220420_145348_1.jpg

This is what is in the Orgasoilux (South African brand)
Capacity30L
InoculantCannabis Microbial Consortium
BlendCompost, Vermi-compost, Coco peat, Sphagnum peat moss (sustainably harvested) and perlite
IngredientsAlfalfa meal
Aloe meal
Basalt Rock Dust
Bio-Char (preloaded with microbes)
Canna-kashi
Calcitic Lime
Copper Powder
Dolomite Lime
Guano (sea-bird)
Gypsum
Humic Acid
Fulvic Acid
Frass
Kelp Meal
Malted Barley
Manganese Oxide
Montmorillonite Clay
Soft Rock Phosphate
Zeolite

Awesome friend ya got to drop off such a cool gift.... Good luck and nice choices on the beanz... Wasn't the lavender....but that means I'll have to stick around to see ya pop one ;) but happy 420 and enjoy.

Comes out swinging lol nice choices Carmen! Each a solid classic imo they sound amazing. As much as Lavender is my fav kind of herb terp some diesel does it for me but a sweet choice w W Coast too ;) nice tight schedule to it too apparently.
Piney terps :yummy: that's appealing, going to be great no doubt.

:Namaste::popcorn:
Hi Yoges, thank you for your vote of confidence. It's going to be fun to get stuck in again :thanks:
Good choice both should be easy to move around to get even light , both should finish about the same time
Hi Brewsterman and thank you for your words of encouragement too :)
Mine too! Hell, everybody else does. :laughtwo:
Not a chance hahaha, a vote is a vote. I think I may have undercounted the votes in favor of the NBA Diesel, but I will grow that next :)
Awesome friend ya got to drop off such a cool gift.... Good luck and nice choices on the beanz... Wasn't the lavender....but that means I'll have to stick around to see ya pop one ;) but happy 420 and enjoy.
Please do Happy because I will try the Lavender soon I hope :)

have a high and happy day all.

Back
Top Bottom