Xlr8's Psychedelic Bloom Party Extravaganza

re: Xlr8's Psychedelic Bloom Party Extravaganza

Wow thanks for the detailed post/pm. Haven't read the message completely yet but I really appreciate it. Now when it comes time to transfer your girls to the Titan system do you just throw the whole net pot in there and fill more medium around it or do remove the veg net pot in place for the 3 gallon one on the system?

Great update X. Your stuff always makes me drool.

+reps!

:thumb:

Thanks for the really nice compliment and the reps, 'Fied. I feel that exact same way about those lovely "Snow White"s of yours - always gorgeous. :high-five:

I grew several of those SW's when I started growing, and not one could have held a candle to the ones you pump out by the dozen! I love that strain, but you showed me just how nice they could have been - had I known what I was doing a bit more when I started. It was the very first strain I grew and harvested (and second, and third), so I'll always be fond of it. Another reason I enjoy your grows so much: my love for "Snow White".

I can really recall the smell and taste when I look at your SW pics. In your journal I'm the literal version of this: :yummy:

Thanks for the really nice compliment and the reps, 'Fied. I feel that exact same way about those lovely "Snow White"s of yours - always gorgeous. :high-five:

I grew several of those SW's when I started growing, and not one could have held a candle to the ones you pump out by the dozen! I love that strain, but you showed me just how nice they could have been - had I known what I was doing a bit more when I started. It was the very first strain I grew and harvested (and second, and third), so I'll always be fond of it. Another reason I enjoy your grows so much: my love for "Snow White".

I can really recall the smell and taste when I look at your SW pics. In your journal I'm the literal version of this: :yummy:

Thanks bro. I got lucky and caught a fabulous Snow White Mother several years ago. I've never been able to grow another SW Mom that produces like my old Mom #1 who is actually the mother of all my current moms(old #1, plus 2,3,and 4).

I recently started a new, 5th SW mom from seed and I'm just now starting to see the results of flowering the first babies she gave me and they're nowhere near the clones from my old Mom #1. They're not nearly as dense or frosty. It's more of a Sativa pheno. My old Mom #1 throws compact, dense plants. The new mom is destined to head outside under the Big HPS this summer.

I'll always love Snow White.

Wow thanks for the detailed post/pm. Haven't read the message completely yet but I really appreciate it. Now when it comes time to transfer your girls to the Titan system do you just throw the whole net pot in there and fill more medium around it or do remove the veg net pot in place for the 3 gallon one on the system?

Yes, just throw the whole net pot in there. Definitely don't try to remove the plant from the smaller netpot. It doesn't hurt a thing and they'll grow roots right through it to fill the large F&G netpot. Bury it so that the top lip of the smaller netpot, is at or just below the top surface of hydroton in the F&G buckets. Netpot, plant, roots and all just get carefully buried in the F&G hydroton. I know OG13 mentioned something about tossing out the smaller netpot or it getting ruined after the grow, but mine are often salvageable - maybe because mine are a little bit larger (5.5")...

Thanks X. I'm sure that post wasn't aimed solely at me, but I appreciate it nonetheless :thanks:

I really like that design. I had wondered how well a Rubbermaid tote would work. I like that your system is sorta modular. You can add more sites as needed (kinda like the Flo&Gro and Ebb&Gro). You got the wheels turning in my head for sure! I think the concept of making one of the flood trays a 'controller' is brilliant. My space will require some modification, but I really like your setup. Thanks again for sharing. MoY very well deserved indeed. :Namaste:

Great DIY info X! You know how I love DIY! Reps! :cheesygrinsmiley:
:tokin:

Yes, I like that about you Hozona (I'm that way too!) - I have enjoyed your DIY projects from the start. True story! Thanks a bunch for the reps. :thumb:

Thanks X. I'm sure that post wasn't aimed solely at me, but I appreciate it nonetheless :thanks:

I really like that design. I had wondered how well a Rubbermaid tote would work. I like that your system is sorta modular. You can add more sites as needed (kinda like the Flo&Gro and Ebb&Gro). You got the wheels turning in my head for sure! I think the concept of making one of the flood trays a 'controller' is brilliant. My space will require some modification, but I really like your setup. Thanks again for sharing. MoY very well deserved indeed. :Namaste:

Hi Hiker -

I'm really glad if the info was helpful. It's come up a number of times, actually, and it seems like we've got a lot of people giving the Flo N Gro a shot, so I thought I'd re-post what works well for me. I really like how well it works and how easy it is to manage. It's basically a flood system that leaves small individual reservoirs in the plant sites with a dwc bubble-stone in each one. The floods recirculate the nutrients back to the main reservoir, and allow for roots to develop a little more in and around the netpots instead of just a mat at the bottom of the plantsite, though there are still a ton of roots in the bottom to be sure!

Thanks for the very kind words. :thanks:

Xlr8 do you think you could do a faq
about main-lining? When you try it for yourself.
I would love to see it done in dwc i always seen it in soil.

If I go that route eventually, and I probably will indeed, I'll try to document it. I don't grow in DWC, though, but it is hydro (Ebb N Gro style flood buckets).

Thanks again for bringing it to my attention. :thumb:

X, my friend, your journal and friendship is truly a pleasure bro!!

What a nice thing to say, GT! The feeling is definitely mutual. So good to see you around again more these days. :)

Xlr8 do you think you could do a faq
about main-lining? When you try it for yourself.
I would love to see it done in dwc i always seen it in soil.

As X already mentioned, he doesn't do dwc. But I do RDWC and may just include it with my hi-defoliation on my next kosher kush grow. I just popped the seeds so they wont even be ready for dwc for a bit yet. Which reminds me I should probably git off my ass and clean out the 2nd room and set up the tent to do so.

Still finding time to help others AND grow some of the best herb this site has ever seen huh?? Hats off to you Brother X:bravo:

I know I've been on hiatus for 6 months, but should be making my way back soon, just so ya know. Been in North Dakota for a while for work-Long story for another day. Much love and respect to you old friend, miss you and the rest of the family. Tell Old Med Man I send my regards please!:Namaste:

Bravo X,
Thank you for the tour through your DIY hydro vegger.
I enjoyed it very much indeed.
:high-five:

Hi Hiker -

I'm really glad if the info was helpful. It's come up a number of times, actually, and it seems like we've got a lot of people giving the Flo N Gro a shot, so I thought I'd re-post what works well for me. I really like how well it works and how easy it is to manage. It's basically a flood system that leaves small individual reservoirs in the plant sites with a dwc bubble-stone in each one. The floods recirculate the nutrients back to the main reservoir, and allow for roots to develop a little more in and around the netpots instead of just a mat at the bottom of the plantsite, though there are still a ton of roots in the bottom to be sure!

Thanks for the very kind words. :thanks:

You're very welcome. Thanks for all you do here :)

That's the only thing I would do differently. I don't want the standing water at the bottom of the totes. I know that extra water is a buffer, but I'm pretty conscientious (OK OK compulsive!) about checking my plants a lot, so I like to think I would notice a problem before that buffer was necessary.

Back
Top Bottom