Xlr8's Quest For The Best - 2012

Great job on those crosses, Brother! Those nugs look incredible! :bravo:

You mentioned you needed to do some more extensive testing? If you want to have some "3rd party testing" done, I'd love to volunteer! :yummy:

i second mr k's offer or would that be 3rd lol yeah breeding and growing crosses is my new obsession!

:thanks:

Haha, I wish that were possible! :)

The OG Kush/Jack the Ripper cross (OG Ripper) is starting to settle in flavor-wise, and the lemony smell/flavor it had for a while has disappeared almost completely.

Check this out: it tastes quite a bit like... "Peaches"!!! Only problem is that I don't care much for peaches, but it's not at all bad or unpleasant. Definitely a flavor I've never had with cannabis. Crazy!

Making unique crosses is really fun, huh BID?!? :high-five:

Well isn't that peachy!
I used to put pieces of dehydrated peaches in my outdoor cure jars, in attempt to get the peachy flavor..
You should be very proud to have a strain, (especially one you made yourself) that tastes peachy!

dozens of Jack the Ripper seeds you say??
hmmmmmm...:)

Mostly crosses from a selective pollination experiment between a male JTR, and a few other females (Deadhead OG, OG Kush, and another JTR female that was a clone of this mom I just flowered). :)

Good idea BID, but I already have dozens of Jack the Ripper related seeds right now from a previous seed project. Also, this pheno isn't quite what I'm looking for which is why I'm flowering the mom out. :)

Hope you had a great "Turkey Day"!
it was a very good t-day i got just the right amount of stuffed! and all my favorites
yeah im looking for a pheno in one of my crosses that i know is there but eludes me lately

:thanks:

Haha, I wish that were possible! :)

The OG Kush/Jack the Ripper cross (OG Ripper) is starting to settle in flavor-wise, and the lemony smell/flavor it had for a while has disappeared almost completely.

Check this out: it tastes quite a bit like... "Peaches"!!! Only problem is that I don't care much for peaches, but it's not at all bad or unpleasant. Definitely a flavor I've never had with cannabis. Crazy!

Making unique crosses is really fun, huh BID?!? :high-five:

it sure is i have a jar of tt-kush that smells of ocean breeze air freshner and peppermint kinda nasty

Hi UG!

Knowing what I know now, I'd personally use them from the start.
It's not expensive preventative measure, especially when you weigh the risk of bugs or mites ruining your crop. If you grow long enough, you will have bugs eventually. Not if, when. Not maybe, for sure. I'm like Adrian Monk when it comes to how clean and organized I am with things. And I do hydro. If I can get them, anyone can, IMO.

The biggest wildcard for me is that I have a dog, and he brings things in with him. Otherwise, I don't go near my plants if I've recently been in the yard, etc.

Even the smallest bugs can really stress your plants. A lot of times, they go somewhat undetected for a while. They really suck!!

Just be sure that you yourself are comfortable with a vapor product like dichlorvos, but after reading up on it some, I was okay with it - but I'm not in the room more than 3 hours either.

Also, anywhere you store water keep a chunk of mosquito dunk in a sock or something in with your water reservoirs. It will keep fungus gnats from ever taking hold (there is a bacteria in them that's harmless to humans but starves fungus gnats, mosquitos, etc.).

Around the perimeter of your room, outside the entries and around your house... spray "Home Defense Max" or similar product to keep them from wanting to sneak in, too.

also, decent germicidal air purifiers will zap fungus gnats, they are attracted to it for some reason. i had a gnat problem and after the population peeked, a pile of them started building up on the air out side of the purifier. after 2 weeks, the entire population was gone, and i never saw them again.

them nugs look great xlr8, good things do come in small packages ;)

it was a very good t-day i got just the right amount of stuffed! and all my favorites
yeah im looking for a pheno in one of my crosses that i know is there but eludes me lately

it sure is i have a jar of tt-kush that smells of ocean breeze air freshner and peppermint kinda nasty

Good luck unlocking the pheno you want, BID. Ocean breeze and peppermint... Funky! :)

also, decent germicidal air purifiers will zap fungus gnats, they are attracted to it for some reason. i had a gnat problem and after the population peeked, a pile of them started building up on the air out side of the purifier. after 2 weeks, the entire population was gone, and i never saw them again.

them nugs look great xlr8, good things do come in small packages ;)

Good to know on the air purifier, Ricky - hadn't heard that one. :thumb: Oh... and thanks! :thanks:

lol yeah nobody likes the smell or taste but the high is nice buzzy motivated artsy, i will get the pheno i have seen it from thie current seed batch 4 times out of 20, just not the last 6 its in there when it come up im gonna clone and make fem seeds till i can get it dialed in,
i have one of those oreck xl filters/purifiers it catches bugs all the time the pain is it needs cleaning all the time or it starts making this popping/sparking sound when its full very annoying

lol yeah nobody likes the smell or taste but the high is nice buzzy motivated artsy, i will get the pheno i have seen it from thie current seed batch 4 times out of 20, just not the last 6 its in there when it come up im gonna clone and make fem seeds till i can get it dialed in,
i have one of those oreck xl filters/purifiers it catches bugs all the time the pain is it needs cleaning all the time or it starts making this popping/sparking sound when its full very annoying

I don't really care for the "Peach" flavored OG Ripper much at all flavor-wise, but damnit it's a really really great high. What a conundrum. Every time I'm like "Blech!" and then... "Ahhh...". It's a really great high. It's not just the peach flavor, it's not a perfect descriptor. The right kind of "peach" might be really good. This is just... "meh", to me flavor-wise which is such a bummer because the experience rocks. And, it smelled SO lemony on the plant, that it's a bit of a head-scratcher as it gets more and more "peachy" as it cures. My wife likes it just fine, but she doesn't usually even notice the distinct flavors as much as I do.

The Deadhead Ripper though, is about perfect flavor-wise. Deadhead OG was good, but a bit "one note" in the taste department. It was straight up that strong "Chemdawg" flavor. The addition of Jack the Ripper seemed to add a bit of musk and... sandlewood flavor to it that really makes it spectacular to me. Very similar to how "Lucy" tasted IMO. Damn, it's really good bud in every respect. Very possibly the strongest bud I've grown, too. :)

In my big lottery win dreams I have a perfectly stealthy set up where I can have a little breeding fun too :blushsmile:

Making unique crosses is really fun, huh BID?!?

i love peaches i might like that one alot! i love that horrid chemdog flavor its just wonderful to me, spiffy says yuck everytime but adores the effect! she says "oh time to suck on some gas fumes!" i giggle eveytime, but i also like chemical smells like wd-40,unleaded,lighter fluid, all those kinds of things i just like the aroma, oh and i dont think the smell of a skunk is bad either, funny cuz i dislike most of the smells they make for young women to wear our daughter is constantly putting on something that makes me gag lol, one smell i cant take at all ,,nail polish (one wiff) something in that stuff gives me an instant blinding migraine! go figure!

I sneeze from every synthetic scent, and must search for laundry soap without it. No air fresheners except Ona. Dr Bronner makes my hand/body soap, and my bald head needs no shampoo. Nearly all natural perfumes please me, though those are rare anymore. Skunk is used in some perfumes, as is a tiny bit of civet cat anal gland extract. Those caged wild cats are not happy to be 'milked', but much worse is done to other animals.

"I love the smell of napalm in the morning; smells like victory" So said Captain Crazy, not me.

im amazed at how alot of guys can distinguish the flavors and the high
all i can tell is how stoney it is lol
of course the different flavors are there some not as good as others but theres alot of similarities i guess for all the years of cigs kinda killed it as far as being able to distinguish what the flavor is not just nasty or taste good lol
props to you all
+rep for all you guys that still have good taste buds

In my big lottery win dreams I have a perfectly stealthy set up where I can have a little breeding fun too :blushsmile:

I sure hope you win and invite me to come visit! I wish I had more room, too. I'd like to do some real breeding at some point (badly). But, it'll have to wait for more space and different circumstances - hopefully someday. For now, the occasional simple cross here and there will have to suffice. :)

i love peaches i might like that one alot! i love that horrid chemdog flavor its just wonderful to me, spiffy says yuck everytime but adores the effect! she says "oh time to suck on some gas fumes!" i giggle eveytime, but i also like chemical smells like wd-40,unleaded,lighter fluid, all those kinds of things i just like the aroma, oh and i dont think the smell of a skunk is bad either, funny cuz i dislike most of the smells they make for young women to wear our daughter is constantly putting on something that makes me gag lol, one smell i cant take at all ,,nail polish (one wiff) something in that stuff gives me an instant blinding migraine! go figure!

Hey BID -

I still have hope that it'll improve with curing. In fact it has quite a bit already. Wasn't good peaches at first, but it's getting better.

I don't mind the Chemdawg flavor, just in small doses. I like chemical smells too, though never got into sniffing gas or glue or anything like that. I do like the smells though. The little bit of flavor that the JTR added to the Deadhead was perfect. If you like that sort of diesel/chem taste, you'd probably really like "Lucy" which is what the Deadhead Ripper cross ended up tasting like to me. Chemmy/diesel with a bit of citrus, musk and sandlewood flavors mixed in. Might not sound it, but it's yummy!

I sneeze from every synthetic scent, and must search for laundry soap without it. No air fresheners except Ona. Dr Bronner makes my hand/body soap, and my bald head needs no shampoo. Nearly all natural perfumes please me, though those are rare anymore. Skunk is used in some perfumes, as is a tiny bit of civet cat anal gland extract. Those caged wild cats are not happy to be 'milked', but much worse is done to other animals.

"I love the smell of napalm in the morning; smells like victory" So said Captain Crazy, not me.

I like synthetic scents in small doses, but don't care to live with them 24/7 either. I also prefer laundry soap that is unscented.

In best Homer voice: "Mmmm.... civet cat anal gland exxxxtract...."

You ever see what they use for some "natural" flavorings? Just go0gle "castoreum" for one. Yuck! Also, they use bugs for some kinds of artificial strawberry flavoring. It's widely used. Starbucks used it for a bit recently:

(NaturalNews) On Thursday, April 19, Starbucks Corp finally bowed to public pressure and announced, via its blog, that it would no longer use carmine, the crushed beetle food coloring it had switched to using in its strawberry flavoring back in January of this year. Instead, by late June all stores will begin using the natural, tomato-based extract lycopene.

Back
Top Bottom