From Seed to Smoke - RQS Critical & OG Kush - LED - DWC Scrog

re: From Seed to Smoke - RQS Critical & OG Kush - LED - DWC Scrog

Very cool. The 2 600w HID set ups i bought earlier in the week each came with a 24hr analog timer! so i'm happy about this. In the year i have lived in this apartment we have had one power outage (last night) and it was a scheduled one. So i think the uninterrupted power source would really only be for emergency loss of power to the highrises in the village here. And i would like to look into the one Stealth is talking about that can power my lights as well, in case the power goes out before lights out time.. The only thing i am worried about is the grow box. That would take a large power source to keep running in the event of a power outage. I'm still yet to find out the total power consumption of the grow box as well.

If your ballasts for your 2x 600w High Intensity Discharge are digital ballasts I do not know if they would work with all uninterruptible power supplies.

shoot me a link to the one youre looking at! I might have to take my ass down to best buy or future shop myself and pick one up! Whats the retail? should be the same here in BC!!

None of the ones I've found would make much of a difference if the power went out for more than 10 mins or so with the amount of power the cabinets draw. I found a 940W power supply for just over 600$ on Amazon.ca. Way to expensive to bother, considering I've only lost power twice in that past year and both times I was able to get everything running again before the crop was lost.

I looked into the Trinity's before i went the BCNL (because they were local here in BC and i could pick it up without shipping costs, border/customs inspections i could avoid and any watchlists to stay off of because of said cabinets being imported!) And i'm sure the power draw is less than my Producer. You're using LED's in your cab, i'm using HID. We both have the same air pump/water pump and fan/filter setup basically.

Does your cab do co2 at all? or is that a separate add on feature? i forget what the ordering page looks like when purchasing one of those trinity's, lol, been like 6 months since i've researched any grow cabs. I'm making the switch to Tents now, for the headspace it gives. My grow box has a growing space of 32" from top of the net pots to the glass that houses my aircooled HID's. thats shy of 3ft.. not very big plants i can grow if i decided to use the whole 18 site system. had i saved up an extra $1500 onto of what i paid for my BCNL producer, i would have gone with the Trinity 3.0 myself, Not the LED one tho i dont think.

im here :thumb:

I looked into the Trinity's before i went the BCNL (because they were local here in BC and i could pick it up without shipping costs, border/customs inspections i could avoid and any watchlists to stay off of because of said cabinets being imported!) And i'm sure the power draw is less than my Producer. You're using LED's in your cab, i'm using HID. We both have the same air pump/water pump and fan/filter setup basically.

Does your cab do co2 at all? or is that a separate add on feature? i forget what the ordering page looks like when purchasing one of those trinity's, lol, been like 6 months since i've researched any grow cabs. I'm making the switch to Tents now, for the headspace it gives. My grow box has a growing space of 32" from top of the net pots to the glass that houses my aircooled HID's. thats shy of 3ft.. not very big plants i can grow if i decided to use the whole 18 site system. had i saved up an extra $1500 onto of what i paid for my BCNL producer, i would have gone with the Trinity 3.0 myself, Not the LED one tho i dont think.

Yeah, the Trinity has 6 ft height but with the light hanging down its really about 5 ft usable clearance.
I'm thinking the same as you though, the next upgrade is a Gorilla grow tent with intelligent grow LED, and the Supercloset Bubble buckets I think. Total cost will be way less then the Trinity was, and I'll be able to grow more meds in the extra space.
Might try to sell one of the Superclosets and recoup some of the money I spent on it.

>>>with the light hanging down its really about 5 ft usable clearance.

You cant jury-rig something to get some more clearance?

>>>I'm thinking the same as you though, the next upgrade is a Gorilla grow tent

I was going to get one, but 2 things made me decide to get the tent that i did. 1. Price. For an 8'x8'x6'11" tent from gorilla's website, its just under $1100. This also brings me to point #2. I would have to wait for it to be shipped to me, which could take weeks to arrive. I picked up my 8'x8'x6.5' tent from a place 13 mins away, and for $250 plus whatever it cost in gas to drive there.. oh and some burger king for lunch! They ship worldwide as well and have 600w HID set ups for $200 and 1000w for like $270 or something. 6" cooltubes or air cooled hoods. they're not some huge brand name, but for the price, as long as it gets through a grow, the ROI (return of Investment) is insane!! plus everything except the bulbs comes with a 3 year warranty!

Looking fwd to another Stealthgrow.
I saw your ppms earlier. I would say that's pretty low, but the plants looking healthy.
So...never mind. :bravo:

Looking fwd to another Stealthgrow.
I saw your ppms earlier. I would say that's pretty low, but the plants looking healthy.
So...never mind. :bravo:

Hi Cajun :ciao:
Glad you made it.
I try to keep my PPM's on the low side. 400-500 during the later veg growth, and then 500-800 during flower, I try not go over 900 during flower.
I judge how much to feed by the PPM's. I know that when I change the reservoirs and set the PPM to a certain range, if I go back a couple days later and the water lvls are down but PPM is still in the same general area (+/- 10 PPM) then the plant is feeding well and I didn't over or under feed.
If I change reservoirs, and set PPM, go back a couple of days later and the PPM is way down and so are the water lvls, then I can up the nutrients cause the plant is absorbing a lot of nutrients out of the water.

What I try to do is keep the PPM steady throughout the week until the next reservoir change. I let the PH fluctuate between 5.5 and 6.5 so the plants can absorb the full range of nutrients out of the water. When I change the reservoirs I try to set the PH at 6.

Hi Cajun :ciao:
Glad you made it.
I try to keep my PPM's on the low side. 400-500 during the later veg growth, and then 500-800 during flower, I try not go over 900 during flower.
I judge how much to feed by the PPM's. I know that when I change the reservoirs and set the PPM to a certain range, if I go back a couple days later and the water lvls are down but PPM is still in the same general area (+/- 10 PPM) then the plant is feeding well and I didn't over or under feed.
If I change reservoirs, and set PPM, go back a couple of days later and the PPM is way down and so are the water lvls, then I can up the nutrients cause the plant is absorbing a lot of nutrients out of the water.

What I try to do is keep the PPM steady throughout the week until the next reservoir change. I let the PH fluctuate between 5.5 and 6.5 so the plants can absorb the full range of nutrients out of the water. When I change the reservoirs I try to set the PH at 6.

i kinda want to lower my ppms just to save on nute supplies lol

If you are using analog timers then the analog timers should work with all Uninterruptible power supplies.

Subscribed: with a question!! If the lights go out do you leave the lights out until the next "Lights On" veg or flower?

Subscribed: with a question!! If the lights go out do you leave the lights out until the next "Lights On" veg or flower?

Hi 60cal, welcome.;)

When my lights go out, I try to get them on ASAP, I reset the analog timer to the correct time, and if the lights are supposed to be on, then they are on, or vice versa. I think that the power outage and the extra dark time set my plants to flowering, they were showing pistils and the growth pattern changed at the tops a little.
I flipped the Critical 1 day after the outage, but the OG Kush is showing pistils and there is not much new growth, now that the lights are on 18/6 again for that closet. It might have been the damage to the roots and leaves from the lack of oxygen, but growth just slowed down a lot and hasn't picked back up again yet. Good thing the OGK isn't gonna be flipped for about a month. The critical wasn't hurt a bit by the outage it seems, in fact she has baby buds all over, and is still in the stretch. ;)

Thanks for the info, I guess it would make since that veg can't have 12 hours of dark & flower can have more than 12 hours of darkness??

I want these things to be right in my head just in case.

Hi guys.

Went to checkup on my grow tonight, watered the seedlings and foliar sprayed the clones, also PH'd the reservoirs. Things are looking nice, there is some new growth on the OG Kush, and the clones are all showing new roots, 100% success this time!!!:yahoo:
I attribute the cloning success to Clonex. I ran out of the stuff that came with the nutrient package with the closets, so I bought a new bottle of Clonex, man that stuff works!!

The two Critical plants. Day 10 of flower.

IMG_0001163.JPG

IMG_0002171.JPG

IMG_0004170.JPG

IMG_0012105.JPG

IMG_0013105.JPG

The OG Kush

IMG_0011118.JPG

The roots on the clones 10 days from cutting, and the seedlings. The mystery freebie seedling is growing really fast, gonna keep my eye on it to be sure its not a male when I eventually flip it. ;)

IMG_0007139.JPG

IMG_0009135.JPG

IMG_0008136.JPG

IMG_0010132.JPG

IMG_0006154.JPG

That's all for tonight, next update Friday when I change out the reservoirs.
Stay medicated my friends.;)

Looking great in here as usual buddy! Great going on the clones, you just sold me on clonex :) :)

Hi LA, thanks for the compliments man.;)
The Clonex gel definitely did what it was supposed to, and worked much better, with faster rooting than the other stuff I had. I think it was root tech, but i could be wrong, I'll have to check tomorrow when I go to my grow.

Back
Top Bottom