Gov's PlatinumLED Adventure With DocBud's High Brix Kit

Yes, you know, I've envisioned this little expansion for over a year now and always come back to that fact...the sides. When I was looking at cutting this room into sections, I got some panda film. I can make a curtain with it, or just zip some to the wall. I didn't want it right on the wall as I don't want moisture getting trapped between. But I don't want them rubbing all over the wall either so panda makes sense.

What about making some type of standing frame with PVC like you did for the fan in your cabinet? Kind of like a free standing shower curtain rod setup in the claw foot bathtubs..

Yes, you know, I've envisioned this little expansion for over a year now and always come back to that fact...the sides. When I was looking at cutting this room into sections, I got some panda film. I can make a curtain with it, or just zip some to the wall. I didn't want it right on the wall as I don't want moisture getting trapped between. But I don't want them rubbing all over the wall either so panda makes sense.

Hey Gov... cheese from the government :hmmmm: :cheesygrinsmiley:

Well cool to see you doing all this at once. Don't worry about the walls other than to create a very dark "nighttime" environment. I have done it all sorts of ways with all sorts of material (my walls are actually black right now) and it really does not add enough to matter (unless every drop counts to you). Your walls look white and that is fine enough. I find the more they are enclosed the more mold I have to fight. So if the room itself is totally dark at "night" I would not worry about walls on the other sides for reflectivity as LED light is pretty directional and the benefit from nice air is worth its weight if it prevents mold.

Cool to see this grow. I will try to follow but I disappoint everyone equally and then show up and smoke all their hard work... god I suck, but I will try :cheesygrinsmiley:

edit -- use the biggest pots you can, it is very important with your endeavor

good luck

Thanks buck. I totally dig where you're coming from on the mold (sorry about the outdoor stuff man) and I've seen quite a few people grow big plants in the open under LED's (jon705...). I also can envision a PVC framework reflector...hmmm

edit: They will go from 1 gal to 7 gal to finish.

Hey Gov...like your new little set up ya got goin on there!What a nice cabinet bro...wow. Have you done V.K. before? I 've done it about 5 or so , grows ago in 6/5/3, right before i started with Doc's stuff. It should turn out real nice in H.B. soil under led's.Just lookin at those lites today at Platinum. It's cool that they have that switch eh! Sort of dual purpose,one lite dose all kind of thing.If ya don't mind, i'de like to follow along sir? Cheers!:cheer:

Subbed and looking great man! I'm digging the pvc stand you've made for your filter :goodjob:

Oooohhhhh interesting! I like fun interesting grows! Plus an awesome strain from barney, how can you go wrong!

Subbed!

Welcome to my dirt patch. This should be fun, and hopefully will provide some helpful data along the way.

Hey Gov...like your new little set up ya got goin on there!What a nice cabinet bro...wow. Have you done V.K. before? I 've done it about 5 or so , grows ago in 6/5/3, right before i started with Doc's stuff. It should turn out real nice in H.B. soil under led's.Just lookin at those lites today at Platinum. It's cool that they have that switch eh! Sort of dual purpose,one lite dose all kind of thing.If ya don't mind, i'de like to follow along sir? Cheers!:cheer:

Hola and welcome duggan. I've never done VK before. It was one of the first packs of seeds I ever got and I've looked forward to growing some out for almost 2 years.

Subbed and looking great man! I'm digging the pvc stand you've made for your filter :goodjob:

Thanks vdub. This cabinet was designed with the vertical filter mount in mind, but since I upgraded the filter slightly, and applied my own hardware to mount and secure, I wasn't confident a friction mount would hold it and the last thing any of us want is for something to fall and crush our lovelies. As I was planning it, I realized it would also provide a nice framework to attach items I needed in there too. Spring mounted fans, thermometer...

Those cabinets are really nice. Work of art!!

Glad to see you here timothypaul26. Welcome. I was impressed with these cabinets and they really do offer the opportunity to transform a room into a nice, comfortable and clean perpetual grow. Especially if you get a "package" and follow the directions. Personally, in hindsight, the value I placed on furniture-quality may have been a bit frivolous. Perhaps some day it may be more relevant, but for now it provides me a nice area to isolate some space and create an environment my plants like.

:smokin:

Thanks guys, and welcome. Obviously there won't be a whole lot to see for awhile, but at least I can say the 8bk bean cracked last night and I placed it in the Rapid Rooter plug this morning after soaking the plug in RO with a couple drops of FD Part A. Fingers-crossed, I love and hate this time.

I hope to get home this afternoon and go ahead and program the timer for GLR. I plan on vegging with GLR for this plant as well as the HB girls in a couple more weeks.

Gov

I'm in looking great. gotta love expansion. :cheer::high-five::bravo:

Yeah man. You were one of the inspirations for it along with several others here. BID was the catalyst, but there are many growers here growing some great plants and that always does look attractive, dunnit?

Welcome everybody... and don't bogart...lmao. Pass that shit

Yeah man. You were one of the inspirations for it along with several others here. BID was the catalyst, but there are many growers here growing some great plants and that always does look attractive, dunnit?

Welcome everybody... and don't bogart...lmao. Pass that shit

yeah , it's like being in a Ultimate Grow Room competition. :) + reps for joining the fight.

Congratulations on your memorial seeds for BigIrishDoode. Looking forward to you growing these out for the "big guy".

OH YEAH!!! Subscribed.

Back
Top Bottom