gr8fulfor420's First Soil Autoflower Grow Journal - 2014

OK - Since things change all the time, I thought I would update everyone on my set up and supplies. Again - this is a first time experiment for me, so I am trying to keep things basic and affordable. Once/If things progress, then I will adjust again. So here are the items I am choosing to use:

Set Up Area: 2 ½ft Long x 3ft Wide x 7 1/2ft High Closet = 23sqft

Autoflowering Female Seeds – Sweet tooth, trans siberian , la bella, berry ryder.

Germinate in Jiffy pellets and jiffy pots until 3”

4 Plastic Pots Or Smart Pots – 3 gallon

Soil – Mix 1 part Vermiculite with 3 part Earthgro Organic potting soil.

Reflection –flat white paint

Lights & Fixtures - CFL’s for seedlings - T5 when plant it 3” tall

Flowering and lighting schedule: 18/6

Nutrients – Neptune’s Harvest Fish Fertilizer

Thermometer & Hydrometer – using wooden one for now

:circle-of-love:

:snooze: awaiting to be born Berry Ryder seed on the left, Sweet Tooth seed on the right.

WP_20140316_002.jpg

O my pics are up now to go take a look. I hear you all like pictures

O my pics are up now to go take a look. I hear you all like pictures

Runs quickly to SmokerJoes house.... busts open the door to see......... :yummy:

*pulls out chair* i'm going to have to jump in on this one ;)

Come on in.... hope this turns out. Now that there cooking, I'm feeling stage fright. Hope my thumb is as :green_heart: as everyone else's here @ :420:

Yes turn on the cfl. Marijuana actually germinates better and faster with minimal light but once they sprout the lights come on. Heres to new beginnings

I wouldnt reccomend transplant mate can you not pop them into there final pots? this works best for autos..also yeah whack the light on em i tend to crack mine in airin cupboard and as soon as they show a tiny bit of white shoot i pop them in there final pots cover with a little soil put them under light and leave them too it also i soak the soil prior so as the water in the pot dries and sinks the roots dig deeper and spread further to find the water... enjoy your grow :bong:

Pretty sound advice scotty. I to plant directly into the final container unless I want to start like 9 plants in 1 bucket under the cfl then transplant to final location. Just dont be all clumsy with the watering and knock them over. Generally I dont do that transplanting crap all grow it just adds time to the grow and is more work for no benefit

Yeaa it sure makes life alot easier just being able to leave them be start too finish :) also your waiting untill 3" to turn on the t5? Why not turn it on now the babies will love the extra glow and get them too 3" a bit quiker? i run my babies full power from day1 they even have reds on as i have two flowering plants and they sure love it my last set where started on a 60w cfl untill i got my setup sorted and so far my new babies have progressed alot quicker and better so maxpower and can i also remmend 24hr light untill flower boost the vegative growth and then switch too 18/6 when about 21days and preparing her flower? i run mine 24 then switch to 20 as i see it they dont take nutes well so use the lights too the fullest :bong:

Hello Scottish - I was thinking about putting them in the final pots, but once I found the jiffy pods I figured I would sprout them and just put the whole little "dirt pod" in the final pot. I will throw out the paper cups that the pods are in. I'll be doing that tonight. Unfortunately I do not have the t5 on hand. My friend is letting me borrow his until I purchase. I figured CFL was better than nothing. I should be seeing my buddy in the next week - so t5 will be coming soon. I agree on the lighting schedule, that was my plan. On for 24 until flowering - usually 20 days or so, then go 18/6. Pics to follow shortly.... :smokin:

Yeaa it sure makes life alot easier just being able to leave them be start too finish :) also your waiting untill 3" to turn on the t5? Why not turn it on now the babies will love the extra glow and get them too 3" a bit quiker? i run my babies full power from day1 they even have reds on as i have two flowering plants and they sure love it my last set where started on a 60w cfl untill i got my setup sorted and so far my new babies have progressed alot quicker and better so maxpower and can i also remmend 24hr light untill flower boost the vegative growth and then switch too 18/6 when about 21days and preparing her flower? i run mine 24 then switch to 20 as i see it they dont take nutes well so use the lights too the fullest :bong:

:lot-o-toke:subbed gr8fulfor420, do you mind if I take a ride in your "Grow Zone"

I cant see how it will hurt you havent disturbed any root systems :) 4x75w is still 300w so very addequate for now how close do you have them too the plant? im assuming there blue light so can be basicaly on top of the plant right now? If your friend falls through with the t5 y dont you get 2 125w red bulbs have you thought of getting reds? babies are looking nice good work ::goodjob: :bong:

:lot-o-toke:subbed gr8fulfor420, do you mind if I take a ride in your "Grow Zone"

Come on in all are welcome..... :surf:

Nice I was waiting to see this lol I finally have time to get back on 420 I worked it into my schedule I miss you guys

Hey Flex! I miss you too - thought maybe you were mad at us. I totally understand how work can be, I just landed a new job myself - hopefully a retirement one! HA!

I cant see how it will hurt you havent disturbed any root systems :) 4x75w is still 300w so very addequate for now how close do you have them too the plant? im assuming there blue light so can be basicaly on top of the plant right now? If your friend falls through with the t5 y dont you get 2 125w red bulbs have you thought of getting reds? babies are looking nice good work ::goodjob: :bong:

I have 2 - 75watt 1200 lumens 3500K warm spectrum and 2 - 75watt 1300 lumens 5000k cool spectrum. The little gals are approx 2-3" from the bulbs. I have them raised right now plus I can raise and lower the lighting if needed. I was thinking about "red" bulbs - are they the bulbs you would buy for a reptile? Like the "heat bulbs"? Thanks for the suggestions and comments. I'm new to this so your information is invaluable. I love it here @ :420:

:lot-o-toke:Thanks gr8fulfor420, I love it here as well. Can you tell me how you reply with the question on top of the reply?

At the bottom of the post hit reply with quote. When the reply box comes up with the quote just type underneath it. When your done with what you have to say just hit post quick reply as normal.

Back
Top Bottom