gr8fulfor420's First Soil Autoflower Grow Journal - 2014

Thanks All! I promised myself I wouldn't be on here today, but I had 1 hour to kill before we load up the sleds. Addicted to :420: :cheesygrinsmiley: I can't wait to start growing...obsessed & possessed, I might need an exorcist! The job thing has been a struggle the past year, so I'm super stoked! See ya Monday!

Thanks All! I promised myself I wouldn't be on here today, but I had 1 hour to kill before we load up the sleds. Addicted to :420: :cheesygrinsmiley: I can't wait to start growing...obsessed & possessed, I might need an exorcist! The job thing has been a struggle the past year, so I'm super stoked! See ya Monday!

Just LOVE your enthusiasm Gr8ful! Don't lose that and you will have the best fun! :circle-of-love:

Thanks Cannafan! I'll keep that in mind - I was thinking about exhausting by cutting hole in the floor and running dryer ducting through floor into crawlspace and out one of my windows in the crawlspace. I think I will be ok on the intake air I have planned. I know what you mean about the dark phase - I'm going to line the inside of by door with mylar to keep the outside light out and the darkness in.

I saw someone address the problem of making holes for ventilation in a closet in a rental property. What they did was remove the existing closet door and replace it with a cheap one from a mega-home improvement store. Then, they vented out through the junky door by drilling a port with a hole saw. Their thinking was when they moved they'd just discard the door they drilled holes through and rehang the original door if they moved. I thought that was brilliant!

A quick look. A solid bifold door costs about $45. It would hang in the existing track easy enough. On second thought it wouldn't work with a bifold though. You'd drag the ducting around every time you opened the door. A two part sliding door was what he used. He never had to slide one side and vented out so that he could slide the other half open all but the last 6".

I like the idea!

I saw someone address the problem of making holes for ventilation in a closet in a rental property. What they did was remove the existing closet door and replace it with a cheap one from a mega-home improvement store. Then, they vented out through the junky door by drilling a port with a hole saw. Their thinking was when they moved they'd just discard the door they drilled holes through and rehang the original door if they moved. I thought that was brilliant!

Im subbed now. Never grew autoflower just yet but I've been curious about it. It certainly takes less time to grow due to not having a 8-13 week 12/12 cycle but the yield will also reflect the shortened time and im not in favor of that.

Also the lights you will be using is severly underpowered. I mean you might get some bud off it but in my mind the amount just wont be worth the time invested. The idea is to get about .6 grams per watt. You also have to account for drying taking away about 65-85% of the weight as it is water Hope it all works out for you. Growing is a fantasticly fun time and even better because you get to reap the benefits of your own harvest just remember that the plants have their needs to and if they arent met then the plants will suffer and may just stop growing until conditions improve. So just keep that in mind while growing and deciding how many you want vs how many you can actually provide for and you are good to go. Good luck.

Where have you been? Ive been here waiting and anticipating.

What do you recommend for lighting?

Also the lights you will be using is severly underpowered. I mean you might get some bud off it but in my mind the amount just wont be worth the time invested. The idea is to get about .6 grams per watt. You also have to account for drying taking away about 65-85% of the weight as it is water Hope it all works out for you. Growing is a fantasticly fun time and even better because you get to reap the benefits of your own harvest just remember that the plants have their needs to and if they arent met then the plants will suffer and may just stop growing until conditions improve. So just keep that in mind while growing and deciding how many you want vs how many you can actually provide for and you are good to go. Good luck.

Thanks! I'm back. New car, new job all in the past week. I'm placing the seed order in within the next week.

Hey Gr8 just checking in looking to see if any updates on the journal hope your doing well and starting soon lol im anxious to see a new grow. I love looking at little seedlings and thinking of what they grow to be.

Sorry for the silence guys n gals! I'm back! SUPER busy the past week. My car died so I had to get a new one and I started a new job in a totally different field - it's interesting to say the least.
I have not place my order yet low funds.....but... I did get my first $$$ today.....so guess what's coming up next???.....the seed order. Finally! YAY!

Well I mean that all depends on your budget really. Id start with a minimum of 2 200 watt cfl for 6 at max plants. Lighting is real tricky because there are so many factors but income is the biggest. Then you need more cooling if you go hotter like with hps. The cfl stay cool and are relatively cheap but the coverage isnt all that great since you need it up on the plant practically. Led has the best penetration of all the lights but it costs so much upfront cash. So if you give me a figure on what you can spend im sure I can think of something. Heck even using a window seal to provide a bit of natural light for a bit will help out. I just want to see you get the results you will be happy with thats all. Im not trying to boss you around or anything I just want to see you do great.

Back
Top Bottom