gr8fulfor420's First Soil Autoflower Grow Journal - 2014

hey buddy hope that u get yourself some nice seeds..... as for your lights, it is plenty good to veg a couple plants..... 2 or 3...... for flowering you will need 4x that amount of light tho ;)
at least.... ALSO I had the same issue with the exact same light setup with them trying to just slip out...., I didn't have access to zip ties, so I super glued the bitches onto my power strip. :) WORKING LIKE A CHARM Hhaha

Yeah thats what I was saying I just didnt break it down because there is no need to if ya are unable to get through either cycle you will be unhappy

I do want to stick to a low budget at first until I determine if I have the "green thumb" so to speak. I can def grab a couple more 200
watt bulbs at help add more. I'm thinking of mounting them on the side of the closet so the plants have light from above and from the side...

Well I mean that all depends on your budget really. Id start with a minimum of 2 200 watt cfl for 6 at max plants. Lighting is real tricky because there are so many factors but income is the biggest. Then you need more cooling if you go hotter like with hps. The cfl stay cool and are relatively cheap but the coverage isnt all that great since you need it up on the plant practically. Led has the best penetration of all the lights but it costs so much upfront cash. So if you give me a figure on what you can spend im sure I can think of something. Heck even using a window seal to provide a bit of natural light for a bit will help out. I just want to see you get the results you will be happy with thats all. Im not trying to boss you around or anything I just want to see you do great.

Off to home depot again.....more lights it is!!

hey buddy hope that u get yourself some nice seeds..... as for your lights, it is plenty good to veg a couple plants..... 2 or 3...... for flowering you will need 4x that amount of light tho ;)
at least.... ALSO I had the same issue with the exact same light setup with them trying to just slip out...., I didn't have access to zip ties, so I super glued the bitches onto my power strip. :) WORKING LIKE A CHARM Hhaha

side lighting is good but over the top is the best since most of that undergrowth gets cut out

Alrighty - my buddy's going to loan me his extra lighting until I save up enough for what I really want. I think my buddy has a t5 but I could be mistaken. :clap:
I'm looking at getting a: 600-Watt HPS White Grow Light System with Timer/Remote Ballast and Air Cooled Reflector. Having trouble uploading pics right now, will shoot out a pic asap. My buddy and I are supposed to get together this week to place our seed order and I'll pick up my lighting. :high-five:
I'm ordering all Autoflower plants: 3 Candy Kush plants, 1 Trans Siberian, and 1 Berry Ryder. That will be enough to start my little project. Once I get "seasoned" I'll get into regulars and start cloning. :yummy:
That's all for now folks!! :bongrip:

Well thats really lucky to have someone tht would lend you lights thats a big help

Hey how many rep points do you have to have 3 green squares? I feel like I should have more then 1 haha oh well I guess. Hardly anyone gives me ep for help

I have 3 reps so far. Almost 200 likes. I'm not exactly sure how the green dots work..... I thought it went by number of posts, but that's not the case. I just gave you a rep that will at least help ya! :high-five: I do see you on here quite a bit giving great advise and ideas/comments.

Hey how many rep points do you have to have 3 green squares? I feel like I should have more then 1 haha oh well I guess. Hardly anyone gives me ep for help

Thanks. I wasnt fishing for reps I was just asking because Ive been wondering. The other day it said I had 12 rep and the next day it said 31 but it didnt show anyone gave me any reps in that time so I wasnt sure. Anyways thank you kindly. Yeah it isnt based on likes because I have 200 of those so to me they are useless. The website should convert 5 likes into 1 rep point or something otherwise liking something is completly pointless because if it wasnt good I wouldnt write it haha. Well see you around

Hey guys,
rep points are kind of complicated on how they are connected to the green bars. Members have a "Reputation Power" that builds up as they get higher reputations. So if someone who has maximum reputation points gives you a rep, it has more power for your green bars. In laymens' terms. LOL If you go to settings, scroll to the bottom where you will see your reputation points and you will see your Reputation power just under that.

The likes are important because people who see them know that you are communicating and active in the community. A lot of people use the "Like" button for more of a notice to the posting member that it was read. It's a courtesy to the member who posted and they know people are reading their thread. Some posts don't require a response, but it's nice to know it was read by the people it was posted to. Sort of a checkmark that it's been read and understood.

And I know smokerjoe that you are around here frequently and you are active and positive. So please accept a +rep from me too! :circle-of-love:

Hey Cannafan thank you so much. I see you changed your signature a few weeks back. Many may have not noticed but I noticed you changed some words around. Yeah im here maybe 4-6 hours a day at least. I really like to greet new members so they dont feel lost because I notice hardly anyone goes to greet them so I figured I would. I try to greet new members every day or every other day. So thanks again Thank you as well for so many likes in my journal gr8ful.

Yeah, Smokerjoe...I'm always changing my signature around. Wording, colors etc. I get bored with the same thing all the time.
I do a lot of greeting too, so I'll say "Hi" next time I see you on the same member/growers' intro. :thumb:
Join us sometime between 7:30 and 8:30 a.m. ET and check "Todays Posts", and you can help fight evil kitchen spammers. That's their favorite time of day to post. (well evening where they are)
Have a great night, and to you too Gr8ful!
So happy to hear about the lighting, lucky dude...lucky dude. LOL

Me neither. HEHE! The good thing is that there is such a wealth of information and cool ass people helping each other along the way it really does feel like a community here. You don't get that in other forums. That's what sets :420: apart from everyone else.
I love this site, I consider it my on-line home base :thumb:
I too like greeting new members, everyone wants to be liked right??? So...... hi ho, hi ho, off to greeting I go..... :bongrip:

Evil kitchen spammers? Hmm im not familiar

Hey Gr8fulfor420 everything looks great and the auto flowers sound good two! reading your journal you answered two of my questions about reps and I'm also very curious about auto flowers. Got my notebook!
Peace

Back
Top Bottom