Klinger's Tribute Shed - 2015 - Master Kush + ?

Welcome aboard!

Here is a picture of them yesterday(monday) you can compare to the last picture(friday) when I had pruned and given them their first Brix feeding. Several nodes have exploded and the leaves themselves have gotten huge.

CAM00530_zpssxw83tsn.JPG

Yesterday I bent them all and then gave them a spray with destress assuming I had stressed them. Also it was a perfect opportunity to spray they underside of the leaves as they were all asses up! :D

CAM00532_zpsmxerdqkd.JPG

CAM00533_zpssfwnhqlq.JPG

I'm heading back over there to see how they responded to the rough treatment yesterday, I've made some fun progress in the shed as well, so I'll snap some photos there. Final steps: last layer of mud, sand and paint, lock down an apointment to have ac installed in the next week or so.

fwiw:

CO2 running 12-1400 ppms in veg bedroom
~45% RH (its fucking dry here mang)
~75f By the time we have any really hot days where it could spike, we should be in A/C. Gotta love basements.

Welcome aboard!

Here is a picture of them yesterday(monday) you can compare to the last picture(friday) when I had pruned and given them their first Brix feeding. Several nodes have exploded and the leaves themselves have gotten huge.

CAM00530_zpssxw83tsn.JPG

Yesterday I bent them all and then gave them a spray with destress assuming I had stressed them. Also it was a perfect opportunity to spray they underside of the leaves as they were all asses up! :D

CAM00532_zpsmxerdqkd.JPG

CAM00533_zpssfwnhqlq.JPG

I'm heading back over there to see how they responded to the rough treatment yesterday, I've made some fun progress in the shed as well, so I'll snap some photos there. Final steps: last layer of mud, sand and paint, lock down an apointment to have ac installed in the next week or so.

fwiw:

CO2 running 12-1400 ppms in veg bedroom
~45% RH (its fucking dry here mang)
~75f By the time we have any really hot days where it could spike, we should be in A/C. Gotta love basements.

Looking Good!

Less than 24 hours after bending them and them looking all upside down, now every plant has at least 3 major stems, some of them have 5-7. I went ahead and pinched the tips on all of said main stems as well, so over the next week or so the tops should be close to where I want them in terms of training.

The stems are skinny still, but super hard and woody coming out of the dirt!

From the beginning of flip till the end of stretch I will prune and work them into a trellis.

I think I failed to mention, got 15 gal smart pots to finish them in.

CAM00537_zpsikn4camb.JPG
CAM00538_zpsp5gwdhes.JPG
CAM00539_zps8t0elpav.JPG

I finished framing this wall at the front of the shed yesterday, as well as getting it half sheetrocked. Just above door height in that front room a loft floor will be put in wherein we will veg.

CAM00543_zpsb3n81i42.JPG

And I don't know how Doc finds any plants to cull using the kit hehe.

Less than 24 hours after bending them and them looking all upside down, now every plant has at least 3 major stems, some of them have 5-7. I went ahead and pinched the tips on all of said main stems as well, so over the next week or so the tops should be close to where I want them in terms of training.

The stems are skinny still, but super hard and woody coming out of the dirt!

From the beginning of flip till the end of stretch I will prune and work them into a trellis.

I think I failed to mention, got 15 gal smart pots to finish them in.

CAM00537_zpsikn4camb.JPG
CAM00538_zpsp5gwdhes.JPG
CAM00539_zps8t0elpav.JPG

I finished framing this wall at the front of the shed yesterday, as well as getting it half sheetrocked. Just above door height in that front room a loft floor will be put in wherein we will veg.

CAM00543_zpsb3n81i42.JPG

Looking great. The hard stems are normal....a result of the plant taking in lots of calcium. That bodes very well for your future buds!

I love the Gavita's!!

I could post a picture update, but all we have going is perfect plants slightly larger than last time. Rocking quite a few tops. Sprayed diluted Destress today (3 days after last time) because it was gonna get tossed anyway (tomorrow is Brix).

Doing a little extrapolation from the instructions that advise using diluted Destress on young cuttings and clones to aid in rooting, my theory is that if you have leftover Destress in the fridge but the plants are perfect, go ahead and use it even if they don't need it. THIS WOULD APPLY TO VEG ONLY as in this stage we are always trying to maximize root structure before bloom. By the same token my theory is that you don't use it if you don't need it in when flowering, and if theres leftovers, spray the houseplants. Feel free to chastise my wrong thinking Doctor Bud sir.

Getting alot done on the final build, should be painted with lights hung by next week with the girls all moved in by the end of it. Maybe wishful thinking, we'll see, but we're close.

I could post a picture update, but all we have going is perfect plants slightly larger than last time. Rocking quite a few tops. Sprayed diluted Destress today (3 days after last time) because it was gonna get tossed anyway (tomorrow is Brix).

Doing a little extrapolation from the instructions that advise using diluted Destress on young cuttings and clones to aid in rooting, my theory is that if you have leftover Destress in the fridge but the plants are perfect, go ahead and use it even if they don't need it. THIS WOULD APPLY TO VEG ONLY as in this stage we are always trying to maximize root structure before bloom. By the same token my theory is that you don't use it if you don't need it in when flowering, and if theres leftovers, spray the houseplants. Feel free to chastise my wrong thinking Doctor Bud sir.

Getting alot done on the final build, should be painted with lights hung by next week with the girls all moved in by the end of it. Maybe wishful thinking, we'll see, but we're close.

I like your thinking a lot. The only thing I'd say is feel free to use DeStress in bloom if they need a bit. It's really good stuff.

Don't do it with Brix, however. That stuff can ruin the wrong soil.

Better late than never...

WARNING: photos may shock and disturb, proceed with caution

Morning my fellow heads! A quick photo update! First 2 pictures are harmless.

Heres how they looked last week (2 transwaters since transplant, Friday in the pics below are their first GE in the 1's).

CAM00566_zpsecpr9vjj.JPG

Wall finished. Mudding is complete, today I head over to sand (hopefully knock it out in one day), but w/e I'll finish tomoro if I have to. What you are looking at is me standing in the back of bloom looking at the entry. On the other side of that wall is a 4' wide "foyer". At 6' (above the door) in there will be a loft for veg.

CAM00563_zpsc7zhhgiy.JPG

So I mentioned in Snoop's high brix journal (check out what he's doing in the signature of the previous post!) how I've been letting the plants get droopy. Well in the past, I may have slightly over done it, but I think I was on point. I would let one get fairly droopy and hit them all. I was busy last week with other work, and by the time I got to them on friday, this is how they looked. Thank god for a nice environment. Also I think this abuse is responsible for the yellow leaves.

CAM00574_zpsgkzwacri.JPG

CAM00573_zpsy8vvngnd.JPG

I meant to take a picture a couple hours after I fed them, but forgot (they had rebounded almost completely within an hour). Anywho, here they are 2 days later after a brix application (yesterday) - hence the wet/droopy look, they are heavy with fresh squeezed brix juices. I think I'm going to hit them with destress today, as they haven't got it much the last 10 days or so (they looked perfect till the end of last week, like in the first photo).

CAM00575_zpstzhdch1o.JPG

The stems are really thick and strong, kind of blowing me away. As you can see they have already outgrown this table - I'm trying girls! Today I think I will put a tarp down under the table so that I can have all the perimeter plants overhanging the edges.

The next couple updates will include table building, painted rooms, loft installation, light hanging, ductwork.....a bunch of small fun projects.

BTW: when I fed them that GE drench on Friday I did it dunk style. I gave them 4oz of drench and 10ml of tea. They ate almost every drop of the 5gal I mixed. (keep in mind all my recipes for this batch thus far are for 2 kits, 12 plants)

They were definitely thirsty!
So you are (more than) doubling the amounts of your drenches (two ounces instead of 1/2 to 1 oz. for 6 plants in 50 gal. of soil)?
I think the DeStress helps even when everything looks great. Unless I learn otherwise, I plan on using it throughout veg.
Awesome grow space!!

photo update with Klinger trying to kill the program

They were definitely thirsty!
So you are (more than) doubling the amounts of your drenches (two ounces instead of 1/2 to 1 oz. for 6 plants in 50 gal. of soil)?
I think the DeStress helps even when everything looks great. Unless I learn otherwise, I plan on using it throughout veg.

There was some discussion about this on the previous page between me and Doc. For starters you are looking at about 10 gallons of soil (12x1gal not quite full). Basically he suggested upping the dosage for dunk style feeding (and not ALWAYS dunking, for now I am always dunking as I do not have saucers for these 1s and its my best no mess method while they are in their temporary home). I still got 5 1/2 of my original 6 bins of soil still in the bins. Next monthish the rest of it will be put into 15's for bloom and solos for round 2.

Re: photo update with starving girls bottom of last page

There was some discussion about this on the previous page between me and Doc. For starters you are looking at about 10 gallons of soil (12x1gal not quite full). Basically he suggested upping the dosage for dunk style feeding (and not ALWAYS dunking, for now I am always dunking as I do not have saucers for these 1s and its my best no mess method while they are in their temporary home). I still got 5 1/2 of my original 6 bins of soil still in the bins. Next monthish the rest of it will be put into 15's for bloom and solos for round 2.

I'm sure it is fine.
When I look at the directions, 1 oz. feeds 50 gallons of soil, so 10 gallons would only need 6 ml. To double the "usual" concentration for dunking, that would be 12 ml., or about 1/2 oz. total for all plants.
If Doc likes it, then you nailed it. :high-five:

Those plants definitely looked thirsty. I would of had a heart attack if I went in my room and that's how they looked. Good to see a picture though as it gives me a reference point. :Rasta:

Bonzai!

Some closeups to see the effects of the training and supercropping.

CAM00579_zpsw2hxqkiq.JPG

CAM00578_zpstgjoytme.JPG

How they are after yesterdays brix. New growth is taking off again, Ive taken all the training wires off and gonna let them go straight up from here out.

CAM00580_zpsowrmopkx.JPG

Moved the tarp under the small table so that I could put the perimeter plants foliage out over the edge and gain a little space and time. Hit them with Destress today.

CAM00582_zpsjhty56tc.JPG

Sanded today, had to put a little fresh mud down, will sand that in the morning, then its off to buy paint and use it! By the weekend its gonna be playtime with the equipment!

a couple basic specific questions for the family:

So I'm fairly familiar with most of the parameters that I'm shooting for environmentally, but I'd like to reach out to this group in particular for some favorite numbers. One of the things I'm chasing here is what Doc often refers to as "cool nights". Anyone is welcome to chime in with a short list of preferences please!

1. day/night temps (I have heard some say co2 uptake is more efficient at higher temps, and the plants thrive at higher temps enriched than not, makes sense to me - comments?)
2.co2 range (see my co2 toy below, it is currently set at 1250 low 1600 high, I think that was what the generic instructions said, tanks have been lasting, but any fine adjustments are cool)
3.seedling/clone/veg/bloom temp variations

CAM00593_zpsml5zhxmq.JPG

I've noticed that these HB plants all around the journals seem to be really symmetrical...well mine are turning out no different, despite how much I twist and yank them. Last pic you can really see the leaves stacking directly on top of each other with alternating nodes.

CAM00591_zps9jyiozfb.JPG

I keep having to back up for the orgy shots.

CAM00585_zpsm1l7bqsa.JPG

CAM00589_zpsaky9fk0p.JPG

The last few updates have been several days close together, but the next one won't be for a week.

Re: a couple basic specific questions for the family:

So I'm fairly familiar with most of the parameters that I'm shooting for environmentally, but I'd like to reach out to this group in particular for some favorite numbers. One of the things I'm chasing here is what Doc often refers to as "cool nights". Anyone is welcome to chime in with a short list of preferences please!

1. day/night temps (I have heard some say co2 uptake is more efficient at higher temps, and the plants thrive at higher temps enriched than not, makes sense to me - comments?)
2.co2 range (see my co2 toy below, it is currently set at 1250 low 1600 high, I think that was what the generic instructions said, tanks have been lasting, but any fine adjustments are cool)
3.seedling/clone/veg/bloom temp variations

CAM00593_zpsml5zhxmq.JPG

I've noticed that these HB plants all around the journals seem to be really symmetrical...well mine are turning out no different, despite how much I twist and yank them. Last pic you can really see the leaves stacking directly on top of each other with alternating nodes.

CAM00591_zps9jyiozfb.JPG

I keep having to back up for the orgy shots.

CAM00585_zpsm1l7bqsa.JPG

CAM00589_zpsaky9fk0p.JPG

Looking good! I think you're on the low side of feeding. That's really good during veg, but I think you'll want to increase things during bloom.

You can see that they're hooked up and really starting to thrive, Klinger! :bravo:

They've greened up remarkably and the new growth is stiff and lush ... nice!

Back
Top Bottom