LA's Sideline Grow -GDP X Pheno Hunt -Extreme LST -Self Build Budmaster in Cupboard!

Re: LA's sideline grow, GDP X pheno hunt, Extreme LST, Self build Budmaster in cupboa

And also don't poo poo luck of the draw. So many species have performance dysfunction at the level of breeding. Since cannabis is a dicot and can produce both flowers on one plant, but in nature under ideal conditions has definitive male and female plants, can make it more difficult to get stable after you find the genetics you want to breed into your strain. It is very complex, but the worst of it is time and patience. Clearly, the medical cannabis industry has some very advanced systems to develop the best strains.

Don't forget, until last November, I didn't smoke pot for 30 years. I have recall, but we did not have much more than maybe two dozen strains at the time in the 70s...at least commercially. It was so cheap nobody grew their own and I lived in a major city, anyway where growing was not conducive. Not nearly the artificial lighting they have now. Certainly no HPS, MH, or CFLs. Maybe fluorescent tubes for plants, but that was about it.

I can remember using incandescent lights in greenhouses full of mums to keep them from flowering before the last pinch. Millions of bulbs like Christmas lights. Ah, old school!

Re: LA's sideline grow, GDP X pheno hunt, Extreme LST, Self build Budmaster in cupboa

ooo luck of the draw is great, then you just clone the shit out of that 1 out of 100 pheno. but that is easy. The hard part is stabilizing a strain to have only a few phenos in it when grown from seed.

I just more making reference to the sheer number of pot breeders out there and most of them, IMO, are a crap shoot with little, if any back-breeding cross-breeding etc.

that being said there are some breeders that seem to do better, once again IMO, three that I like, so far, are TH seeds, Greenhouse and Barneys, the later two being 'commercialized', but I think still a fairly consistent product. Also that is only from my limited experience, as you very well Know I am a cynic about most things :)

Well best of bud laden days my friends :)
Just a few pics of my girls, I can tell I already I have a couple of separate phenos so I'm happy! :) The one in the Oxy cloth pot is going nuts! I've since taking these pics, raised the pot on a stand to get air pruning of the bottom. My clone is going awesome now and ill repot her later today or tomoz. Clones taken in flower are supposed to go nuts and this will be my first so I'm keen to see what happens! :)
The 3 way girl is growing out of the querk I was excited about! :(
Hey ho lol!
20140905_163953.jpg
20140905_164037.jpg
20140905_164137.jpg
20140905_164143.jpg
20140905_164239.jpg
20140905_164228.jpg
20140905_164255.jpg
20140905_164053.jpg
20140905_164101.jpg

If the 3 noded plant is indeed a polyploid it will express itself a bit later too. The few plants I had that have done that looked like the stopped doing it then later would pop another 3 node grouping.

Oh, I see, so they are not the same exact fabric as in the eco felt pots? It doesn't matter. Obviously the roots penetrate it.

Sorry...I was just watching Entertainment Tonight and while I thought Joan Rivers was overboard at times, I did love her since I was a kid and it is so sad she is gone. I won't bring it up again in your journal, I was just overcome and have tears in my eyes as I type. Sad loss...

Well all plants are happy! :) I repotted my clone. She is what I believe you call a monster cropped clone as she was in flower. This is something Donpaul used to do each run, he would run at least one of these as well as a reveg. They are supposed to bust out in crazy busy growth once going again fully. The beginnings of which is already visible to be honest! :)

Oh and here is a stock shot of oxy pot roots! :)
photo_2_-2-11.png

G'morning. I have a LK clone growing which was taken in flower and it definitely has many more branches, naturally on its own. I had to do some LST to get it out of the way of itself.

My other two plants, Strawberry Blue and Money Maker are very indica and have a ton of leaves, big leaves. Very tight plants. The MM has very brittle stems and I must have broke four arms off. Not fluxed, though.

I currently am vege'n some blueberry and Pineapple Express clones taken 3 weeks into flower. All sorts of crazy stuff goin on!! The explosive growth from the bud site is insane! Had to get in there and prune a bit once they got bigger. One of the blueberries has split into 3 after 6 nodes and a lot of the lower grow is splitting into two which is polar opposite to how the mum grew. One main stem with single side branching kinda like a pine tree but in reverse. Can't wait to see how this one turn out!! :)

Here bro...all caught up. Can't wait to see your BID grow. A LOT of what I learned was from him.
I got a Purp bean for the BID grow.

I got a 3 leader too. Strange.
Anyway, happy growing LA!

Hey Cajun, glad your here my friend!
Hey all.
Well today is Christmas all over again!!! I love getting my post from BM :)
So today the postie dropped me some more nutes. Most I already have so I'm raising my stock levels to the extreme! :) The Dip to grow is new so I'm chuffed for that one.
Then we have the cool stuff! We have 9 Budmaster OD boards in the house with the power packs and fans etc. So I can now get my self build on! :) happy daze are here again! :) Just got to get the main power sorted and some form of bodged up casing. Ill now start looking around for ghetto options :) Im not even sure on how many clusters ill go for , or the layout ill try. I will be using the OD boards though :)
20140909_123438.jpg
20140909_123442.jpg
20140909_123501.jpg
20140909_123509.jpg
20140909_123535.jpg

Sub-A-Dubbed!!! Highhhh people!!! puff puff pass :volcano-smiley:

Those lights look siccckkk brother!!! I might sit some plants outside ur house cuz its gonna get briigghhtttt!!! :bravo::volcano-smiley:

Howdy all :)
May your beloved budladen beauties be brimming in a bright bejeweled bounty of the most resplendent of THC giving goodness, glistening away like the guarded gilded treasures of an ancient natural wonder unfolding before your very eyes!! :)

Anyway lol, done some defol and topped the one that was going tri on me. The monster cropped clone is going awesome really quick growth :) One of the GDP girls looks like Iit could be a guy! So it will get a little longer to be sure, but the structure looks male.
The one it the tiny Oxy pot looks like an awesome specimen so she is getting some love. The tri topped one is what ill be fluxing into the form of BID for a purple bud tribute! The 3 way flux giving me a great start.
Some pics :)
20140912_161128.jpg
20140912_160955.jpg
20140912_161023.jpg
20140912_161014.jpg
20140912_160906.jpg
20140912_160910.jpg
20140912_160854.jpg
20140912_160941.jpg

Another LA thread......EXCELLENT!!!!

Back
Top Bottom