SteveHman's Advanced LED - 1000 Watt/BP Nutrients - Going For Max Yield Grow-Grow 6.5

Re: SteveHman's Advanced LED, 1,000 watt/BP Nutrients, going for max yield grow-Grow

Hey Steve, looking great as usual my friend, I know I wouldn't see it any other way with your journals. One quick question kind sir. What seed bank is your white widow from? Looking into the strain and looking forward to watching the side project of the WW come to term. Always good to have all the toys for your grows. Good luck with the ppm controller and everything. Keep them green man.

Re: SteveHman's Advanced LED, 1,000 watt/BP Nutrients, going for max yield grow-Grow

I packed the Air Pots tightly with the coco mix. Their website shows a video of a guy looking like he is ramming the soil in with all his might and they stress to pack it tightly. After I packed them as tightly as I could, I cut another piece of coco-mat to use on the top to prevent channeling.
DSCN02286.JPG

I hung the four DS lights in a configuration I think will give the best coverage. (as a side note, I think that two of the 300s is adequate for a 4x4 tent--but we're going for max-yield here!).
DSCN02295.JPG

I place the clones into their new homes. Heavy Duty Fruity on the left and The Ultimate on the right:
DSCN02313.JPG

I gave them a light feeding, and will start the LST on Monday after they've had a few days to acclimate to their new home.

There is a lot of space in there still, so I am thinking of adding a few of the other clones to fill in the corners. Maybe the BUKU or the White Widow, decisions, decisions.

question 1. do u think the ds100/ds200 will out perform a 2'8 lamp t5 in in veg in a dr80, 31"x31" grow tent?

question 2. I also have a dr150w 31"x60" what would be best for this tent 3, ds100, 2 ds200, 2 ds300?

:welldone:

If you knew what else I did with my day it would be mind-boggling. Working on my MBA (night classes), running my own company, volunteering in my daughters classroom, soccer practice, and on and on.... I'm a bit of an over-achiever and multi-tasker!

Makes me admire you even more, unreal keep up the good work my friend:adore::high-five:

Just talked with Robert from Advanced LEDs. They are running a special from today until the 15th of December. If you mention my journal they are doing free shipping and free rope ratchets with your order. If you order, make sure to ask for Kyle. Their number is 800-401-6307.

Alright, thanks for that info....Iʻm on it, diamond 200 here i come and credit card layaway i go.:thumb:

Hey Steve, looking great as usual my friend, I know I wouldn't see it any other way with your journals. One quick question kind sir. What seed bank is your white widow from? Looking into the strain and looking forward to watching the side project of the WW come to term. Always good to have all the toys for your grows. Good luck with the ppm controller and everything. Keep them green man.
Kotton Mouthe, thanks for stopping in. Always good to have you along for the ride. The White Widow is from Dinafem Seeds. They are growing very strong, the mom is a good looking girl too.

question 1. do u think the ds100/ds200 will out perform a 2'8 lamp t5 in in veg in a dr80, 31"x31" grow tent?

question 2. I also have a dr150w 31"x60" what would be best for this tent 3, ds100, 2 ds200, 2 ds300?
1. I really like T5's for vegging. I use them for my moms. But your question is do I think the DS lights will outperform a T5? The answer is yes! I will eventually get around to replacing all of my T5 lights for DS lights, just over time. My main focus is flowering so I haven't spent too much time on the veg portion of the grow (since I am a cloner-to-bloom grower (typically) and don't do a veg. I am doing a full veg for my first time in this tent grow to see if I can hit a GPW.

2. I would go with either three 200s or two 300s in there, a total of 600w should be good for that space. You have roughly 13 sq feet, multiply that by 40 and you have 520, round up to the next higher "100" (always ere on the side of more light). This gives you a 600w target for you grow.

Makes me admire you even more, unreal keep up the good work my friend:adore::high-five:
Thanks for the kind words Kola!

Thanks for the answer Steve, i am really looking forward to this grow, its gonna be a beast to trim. Hope you get your trimmer in before this one is done. Well rock and roll man, rock and roll...

Thanks for the answer Steve, i am really looking forward to this grow, its gonna be a beast to trim. Hope you get your trimmer in before this one is done. Well rock and roll man, rock and roll...
I'll have the trimmer before this round is ready to harvest. I don't want to go through another three-day ordeal like last time, and that was only about 40% of the tent's capacity, I am planning on maxing this one out!

I gave the girls their first feeding with their respective BPN flavors. I've labeled the plants as follows:
UO - The Ultimate, Organic
U2 - The Ultimate, BPN 2-part
U3 - The Ultimate, BPN 3-part
HO - Heavy Duty Fruity, Organic
H2 - Heavy Duty Fruity, BPN 2-part
H3 - Heavy Duty Fruity, 3-part

I have two each receiving the 3-part. The Pineapple Chunk and WHite Widow will be receiving the run-off soup and soaking that up through their smart pots, this is all they will get in terms of feeding.

First I should start off by saying that the BPN Organics smell like shit, literally! Do not open or mix these in your house. I took Corey's advice and mixed these in my garage. The smell almost knocked me out. I will see how bad these smell in the tent. If the smell becomes too much I will be switching those two plants to 2-part. The tent is in my home office and I work in the same space, so smell is a no-go for me.

All I can say is that Corey must be very passionate about his craft to deal with this smell constantly. Bravo Corey!

I will let the smart pots soak up the nutes for about 30~45 minutes and then remove the rest with my little shop vac.

All I can say is that Corey must be very passionate about his craft to deal with this smell constantly. Bravo Corey!
City sanitation workers -garbage men - are the guys that I most appreciate but don't envy :love:
Corey can rig a fan in a shed, and stay mostly upwind. He doesn't have many neighbors :)

Hey Stevehman, take a leap over to my journal plz. I posted some pics I need an LED opinion on.

My BPN nutes arrived yesterday too. one more serving of AN to empty the bloom nutes and I'm goin bpn.

Hey Stevehman, take a leap over to my journal plz. I posted some pics I need an LED opinion on.

My BPN nutes arrived yesterday too. one more serving of AN to empty the bloom nutes and I'm goin bpn.

I have heard people say not to switch nute lines mid grow, dunno the exact reasoning.

I have heard people say not to switch nute lines mid grow, dunno the exact reasoning.

I switched my nutes mid-grow last cycle in the tent. Didn't seem to have any negative effects. I think as long as the plants are getting the essentials (NPK) in the right proportion that is the key. Also, if you're going from a mid-level nutrient to a higher quality then it should be good.

I would imagine the main reason some companies say not to switch mid-grow is so you have to buy more of their line. You can always send Corey a PM and ask, I get the impression that he'll give you the right information, even if it means that you should continue with AN for the rest of the grow. IMHO though, you're fine switching.

City sanitation workers -garbage men - are the guys that I most appreciate but don't envy :love:
Corey can rig a fan in a shed, and stay mostly upwind. He doesn't have many neighbors :)
The smell is worse than the inside of a port-a-john after a weekend in the hot sun following a beer-braut and chili-dog fueled tailgate party with a bunch of Raider's fans.

The guy cleaning that mess up is also to be admired.

I hope Corey has some type of fans pulling the stink away and that he also owns stock in Febreze.

Subscribed. Getting ready to launch Grow #1, and you guys are pushing out new ideas faster than I can take them in. I love it.

1. I really like T5's for vegging. I use them for my moms. But your question is do I think the DS lights will outperform a T5? The answer is yes! I will eventually get around to replacing all of my T5 lights for DS lights, just over time. My main focus is flowering so I haven't spent too much time on the veg portion of the grow (since I am a cloner-to-bloom grower (typically) and don't do a veg. I am doing a full veg for my first time in this tent grow to see if I can hit a GPW.

2. I would go with either three 200s or two 300s in there, a total of 600w should be good for that space. You have roughly 13 sq feet, multiply that by 40 and you have 520, round up to the next higher "100" (always ere on the side of more light). This gives you a 600w target for you grow.

How many ds300s do u need to out perform a 600 or a 100hps? also do u thing one big panel is better than two smaller panels when growing with led? :thanks::welldone:

:cheer:Been looking for just this experiment... subbed. :cheer: So much to be seen here it's almost dizzying. LUVIT! and the proof of LED power will be right here. I've been looking at doing LED in my flowerbox. Thanks for this thread, man. Looking forward to the results.:circle-of-love:

How many ds300s do u need to out perform a 600 or a 100hps? also do u thing one big panel is better than two smaller panels when growing with led? :thanks::welldone:

Magicbeans had a nice grow with a 200W DS vs a 250W HPS and I think the LED won hands down despite about 40% wattage increase. I dont know if a 300W will out perform a 600W HPS, not sure do a comparison - maybe.

What size space are you looking at? In a 4x4, a pair of 300s would be fine. I Prefer more smaller panels to one large one, more coverage, even canopy and third off effect all are benefits of more lights.

From what I've seen (just my opinion) LEDs will perform at about 30% more, so ~700 watts LED=1000 HPS, ~400LED=600 HPS. Again, these are my opinion based on my grows and on Magic Beans latest test. If anyone tells you a 300w LED=1000w HPS they are not being truthful (also make sure that is the actual wattage and not the chip count).

:cheer:Been looking for just this experiment... subbed. :cheer: So much to be seen here it's almost dizzying. LUVIT! and the proof of LED power will be right here. I've been looking at doing LED in my flowerbox. Thanks for this thread, man. Looking forward to the results.:circle-of-love:

If you want to see how well LEDs can flower, check out my past journals in my signature block.

Welcome aboard. It should start getting interesting soon!

Back
Top Bottom