SteveHman's Advanced LED - 1000 Watt/BP Nutrients - Going For Max Yield Grow-Grow 6.5

Re: SteveHman's Advanced LED, 1,000 watt/BP Nutrients, going for max yield grow-Grow

@steve I am considering ditching soil and doing my veggies in 1gal hempy. Is there anything I should look for in a 1 gallon bucket? Tall and narrow?

Re: SteveHman's Advanced LED, 1,000 watt/BP Nutrients, going for max yield grow-Grow

@Steve I am considering ditching soil and doing my veggies in 1gal hempy. Is there anything I should look for in a 1 gallon bucket? Tall and narrow?
Tall and narrow is better. I used 2 gal paint buckets from the home improvement store. Any thing will really work though, if you can find some small plastic wastebaskets from the $1 store they would work too. Just need to have enough room to drill a hole about 2 inches up from the bottom, so if you can find a container that's about 12 inches tall you're good.

grabbin a seat for this one

im rootin for ya steve. from all ur previous grows im gonna say ur gonna hit that 1 gpw ratio for sure

happy growin:peace:

Tall and narrow is better. I used 2 gal paint buckets from the home improvement store. Any thing will really work though, if you can find some small plastic wastebaskets from the $1 store they would work too. Just need to have enough room to drill a hole about 2 inches up from the bottom, so if you can find a container that's about 12 inches tall you're good.

Has anyone ever done a micro-dwc in 1 gals??

Has anyone ever done a micro-dwc in 1 gals??
I don't think I would attempt a DWC in that small a container. I think it is kind of like an aquarium, the larger the volume the easier it is to maintain. I think a smaller container would be problematic to keep at a steady pH. The only system I would consider with a 1 gal would be an undercurrent style to increase the total system volume and make it easier.

I was considering one of these systems when I was looking at doing a SOG, although, I ultimately went with 2L hempys:
Mr. Krip,
I saw those too and thought about making something similar, I actually have a plan in my head for a SOG/NFT perpetual harvest setup. I need to get it on paper and put it up for review before I build it. Just need to find the time to do it.

Here is my Monday morning update on the tent grow. I gave the girls a feeding this morning, so far it looks like they are needing to be watered/fed every 5 days. I am sure once they get bigger they will need more frequent feedings.

The smell of the organics does go down a bit if you aerate the mix for a while before you use them, but still not a pleasant odor. I am going to try to keep using them as long as possible. As long as the tent is closed the smell is fine, but as soon as I open it up to take a peak, I get sucker-punched in the face.

Here are some pics:
DSCN02806.JPG
DSCN02817.JPG

A closer look at the stainless tent pin LST:
DSCN02826.JPG
DSCN02838.JPG

The extra White Widows, I gave them a topping this morning to keep them bushy, since they are going to be vegging for another 2~3 weeks before I flip them into flower.
DSCN02844.JPG
DSCN02854.JPG

An the extra P-chunks.
DSCN02865.JPG
DSCN02875.JPG

I just fed the plants so you can see the runoff in the bottom of the tub. I will let the extra plants soak up some good stuff and then vacuum the excess out in about an hour.

I think Cal mag is not necessary, most (all?) nutes are formulated complete with all required elements in the 2 or 3 parts in the nute line.

I do use it in my tomatoes because they require more cal and mag than most plants.

I use ro water and already saw a need for cal mag. I know there is some in the nutes. But I just needed more. I feed it light though for the most part.

After reading/following Twelve12's journals, I decided to try out the GLR. If the reduced time the lights are on works then it will save electricity and CO2 costs. My first hurdle was how to do it using the electronic timer I have. It is a 7 day timer-power strip combo that allows me to have four controlled outlets and four always on outlets. I decided that in order for me to get the 12 on, 5.5 off, 1 on, 5.5 off schedule I would need a mechanical timer. I found one on sale at Harbor Freight (my second favorite store now) for $4.99. It's rated at 1800 watts which is more than I need for my tent. Now here's the problem--it only has two outlets and they're on the side (like most timers). Being a DIY minded person, I immediately opened it up to see how it worked, it's just a simple clock mechanism with a mechanical switch actuated by a lever pressing against the pins. My brain stated working and off I go to the home improvement store to pick up some parts (power cord, four-gang outlet boxes, etc... $15 later and I'm back home. Here is what I ended up with:

DSCN02976.JPG

I was able to use a heavy-duty power cord that was long enough to reach an outlet without having an extension cord (which is safer), it also allowed me to use the power unit of the PPM-4 on the timer outlet without having another pigtail extension that I was using. In all, it makes for a cleaner setup with fewer cords and everything is in one place. I have enough room on the board to add other items if needed.

Also, if you remember, the Heavy Duty Fruity were from regular seeds. The rest of the moms were from femmed seeds. I had popped two of the four HDFs I had in hopes of one being a female. I took clones from both and was hoping that I would have a definite sex on them before I put them in the tent. I was 90% sure one was a female and 95% sure the other was a male. Neither had the positive signs of pre-flowers. But I figured I have a good idea of what they should look like and the 150x digital scope helps out. I placed one clone of each into the flower chamber in Grow 6.0 so they would have 12/12. (remember I already put 4 clones from HDF-A into the tent to veg out).

Well the one I thought was a male (HDF-B) showed his pre-flowers two days ago, so I killed the mom...er dad plant: Here is a picture of the root ball from the 4 inch PVC hempy tube I am growing the moms in.
DSCN02897.JPG

This morning I finally saw a single little white hair on the clone from HDF-A, good news for the girls in the tent. I will let the little male clone grow out and collect some pollen and pollinate the little girl I have and make some more seeds of this one for a future grow.

I took a few more pictures of the plants as well. It seems they have grown a few inches since Monday and I put some more tent pins in there to LST them down:
DSCN03015.JPG
DSCN03009.JPG
DSCN02995.JPG
DSCN02986.JPG

So far the plants receiving the 2-part and 3-part are taking off like rockets. The plants receiving the organics are lagging behind in overall growth. I have the organic nutrients in a bucket with a large airstone to get that micro-herd going (as Corey says). I will see if they perk up after I feed them tomorrow. I have noticed that the nutes smell less like shit after two days of aeration which is a good thing.

Hi Steve

I have read all your journals and you convinced me to get a 300W diamaond that I have over 6 plants in a ebb/grow system.

The reason I email is I just sent my paper work in to Health Canada for a 48 plant license. I see the advanced LEd work, but I am looking at $10,000 for lights. Do you have any advice on how to procede.

I have a friend who is in the same situation. We have the legal grow ability but do not know how to max the opportunity

Thanks Mark@novascotia

Mark,
How large a foot print do you plan on growing in? Plant numbers are deceiving. If you look at one of 420fied's grows, he crams 100 2 liter bottles into an area that is (I think) about 3x5 feet. You can get one plant to fill in a square meter, or have nine in that space.

How do you plan to grow? Are you going full veg and the flower or straight 12/12 from clone? You could get by with T5's for veg and then go Diamond Series for bloom.

Are you going to do a constant harvest with the 48 plants, harvesting 6 every 8 weeks? Lots of variables to work out.

Choosing the lighting is a factor, but you should plan out your grow strategy first. It makes choosing the right lighting scenario easier to do.

Let me know and I will see if I can give you an opinion on what to do.

After reading/following Twelve12's journals, I decided to try out the GLR. If the reduced time the lights are on works then it will save electricity and CO2 costs. My first hurdle was how to do it using the electronic timer I have. It is a 7 day timer-power strip combo that allows me to have four controlled outlets and four always on outlets. I decided that in order for me to get the 12 on, 5.5 off, 1 on, 5.5 off schedule I would need a mechanical timer. I found one on sale at Harbor Freight (my second favorite store now) for $4.99. It's rated at 1800 watts which is more than I need for my tent. Now here's the problem--it only has two outlets and they're on the side (like most timers). Being a DIY minded person, I immediately opened it up to see how it worked, it's just a simple clock mechanism with a mechanical switch actuated by a lever pressing against the pins. My brain stated working and off I go to the home improvement store to pick up some parts (power cord, four-gang outlet boxes, etc... $15 later and I'm back home. Here is what I ended up with:
Industrious! I like that you mounted everything to the board. 1 question though. My 7-day, I can program individual days -or- set 1 daily cycle to repeat every day. That way I can have the 12-1 every day....

1663445890175.png
15amp Hydrofarm-TM01715D-7-Day-Digital

Did you explore that option with your timer?

I don't think you can use those timers for 12/1. It only allows you to set one on/off cycle per day, which is why I went the cheap mechanical version. Either the pin is up or it's down. You can adjust it in 15 minute cycles as well. When I go to flower, I just need to push those four pins up and I'm done--no reprogramming.

Harbor Freight is awesome, if you look on the back of some magazines (Maxim for one) they always have a 20% off coupon and a coupon for a free "something". All the stuff they have is Chinese though, but nowadays what isn't?

I don't think you can use those timers for 12/1. It only allows you to set one on/off cycle per day, which is why I went the cheap mechanical version.
I'd once thought to water(fertigate) several short shots daily :smokin:
Instead, I've increased my pot size a little. Coco gives me a wide performance window.

I paid $4 each for timers, a few years ago. Two of them are on duty now. None have broken.
Gardens love KISSes :love:

Hey guys this is what im not understanding Having been an Hps guy, Should i just match watt for watt? or should i just use steve's formula of 30% and get 850 watts of Led lighting to replace my 2 600s?

should i just use steve's formula
Like he said: 40 watts per square foot. If you've been lighting @50w HPS/ft2, 960 watts LED for you.
I'd suppose that 4 200s, or three 300s would yield similar. They're better lights than yellow bombs.

Back
Top Bottom