TheBlaze's Multi-Strain Grow In Coco & 600W HPS

re: TheBlaze's Multi-Strain Grow In Coco & 600W HPS

Yep X2 :) just wait. If the soil is wet don't water. Over watering can cause a rash of issues. They should be just fine :thumb:

Chap I'm guilty of running my girls for to long without potting up etc. Then when I do I have to tare up to root ball, this has led to a good few girls being in shock and getting in a right state, neon yellow all over, deffs and all sorts lol, yet I don't stress I just don't water unless needed and don't feed. Get her searching the new medium. You get a delay of a few days to a week. I don't mind as I don't count veg. Just keep poppin beans!

Ok, so last night I gave them a little calmag with some beneficial microbes. No nutes. Just 500ml each around the base of the plant. I just checked on them, and I'm happy to report that there has been a significant improvement. Plants look "alive" again.

So we're back on track. Thanks for the support, and helping to put my mind at ease guys. The first night after the transplant, I actually had a nightmare that I had killed them all. I shit you not. LOL!

I hate it when stuff like this happens, but I suppose it is necessary to learn.

I'll give a + 100 to that!

LOL! Thanks Bob! What can I say... I am a doting parent. Any issue crops up and it's panic at the disco.

UPDATE

Day 19

Plants have recovered nicely and looking good again. They grew some as well. I expect they will take off in the next few days. Still on track to flip at day 40.

20160125_081223.jpg

Below is a photo of one of the leaves showing the issue I was referring to. It's a non issue now.

20160125_081301.jpg

Ok what's the secret here for such quick growth... What lights under? Watts? Heat mats?.... Looking awesome man. I don't want to update mine now :( lol Good stuff man

LOL! I'm not 100% sure why this grow seems to be taking off so well. I will give a run down of what I have and what I've done.

In the tent I have a 600w HPS light. Some fancy General Electric bulb. I actually got lucky with this bulb. When I first purchased the set up, they gave me some el-cheapo chinese bulb. That blew in about 2 weeks. Then they didn't have stock of the 600w bulbs, so he gave me this bulb which was sent to him to demo. He decided not to purchase any though, because they were just too expensive. So he gave it to me. It is more than double the price of his usual bulbs. Let me see if I can find any info on it for you.

I have a cold air humidifier in the tent, which keeps humidity in the 50% range.

There is also AC in the room, which I run when the light is on. Keeps temps at about 27 - 29 deg C.

A large fan in the tent blowing between the light and the plants to help alleviate any hotspots under the light. Light is currently about 55cm above the plants. I lowered it about 10cm this morning. Will get it to about 40cm above the plants by the end of this week.

The nutrient line I use is pretty good as well. It is called nutriplex. It is a 3 part nutrient solution. You use all 3 parts in both veg and bloom, although in different ratios obviously. Plants are currently on an 80% strength solution.

I mix my own coco medium. About 75/25 coco perlite. I also charged it with calmag, which I didn't do in my previous grow. I'm convinced this had an impact, and I will be doing it with every grow from now on.

I think that about sums it up.

I expect the plants to double in size over the next week.

I'm pretty sure this is the bulb I am referring to:

EMEA Region | Professional Lighting Solutions

Great grow setup description. I am convinced genetics have something to do with when some plants take off as well. I have had some breeds come out of the gate like race horses and then slow at flower suprizingly and then some do the opposite.

The Fruit Punches I have now fall into this category. I was ready to give up on them in early veg and now they are just beautiful. I point this out just because I see some growers give up on plants and breeds before growing them fully out when they don't grow fast out of the gate. I get this in a commecial recreational setting but in med or small top shelf grows some of the best smoke comes from the goofiest plants at times.

:thumb:
Bob

Bob, I've seen the same as well. Although, quite often the most vigorous plants will stay that way right up until the end. I was kind of hoping the black rhino in my last run would come good, but it should have been pulled early and replaced with more stable genetics. Oh well... not the end of the world.

I'm going to push for half a kilo this round. So 500g. Will need to get some extra light in the tent. Not because the 600 is not enough power, but it doesn't quite cover the whole tent. Maybe just an extra 300w of CFL lighting for the sides.

You're too kind bud. I hardly think you need to take notes though. I've seen your grows remember. LOL

UPDATE

3 weeks old today. They grow up so fast.

Will be topping 2 or 3 of the taller plants in the next day or 2. I've only ever topped once, but that particular grow was a bit of a flop. So it didn't really show me the benefits or lack thereof. Reaf convinced me to try my hand at it again. So that's what I'll do.

There are 2 plants that are quite a bit bigger than the rest. 1 White Rhino and 1 Exodus Kush. They are the obvious choices for topping.

20160127_080240.jpg

Back
Top Bottom