White Russian soil grow from seeds

I was going to give a couple of foliar feeds of the FF Tiger Bloom and Big Bloom mixed until I water with the actual nutes.

I wouldn't advise of this.... I made a very diluted mixture of BB once to try a foliar spray, it ended up burning the shit out of almost everything it touched, luckily I only did one plant. Since you have the Sea tea, id stick w/ that for foliar feeding.

Glad to see you got at least 5 ladies! So that totals 7 females w/ the blueberry clones?

Yes sir, seven lovely ladies with the blueberry clones. One of them still has some spider mites, but I am taking extra caution in not letting them get near the other plants. I stopped spraying it with neem a week or 2 ago cause I thought they were gone...but I was wrong. They are a bitch to get rid of. I will take the advice of not foliar feeding with the Bloom nutes. So I am going to give a 1/4 strength sea tea solution starting tomorrow, and then every five days till harvest, bumping up the concentration every now and then. I am also going to start the flowering nutes next time I water starting with 1/4 strength Big Bloom and Tiger Bloom mixed together.

Now here are the pics I took earlier today.

DSC00563rev.jpg

The hairs of lady #1.

DSC00564rev.jpg

The nuts of #2.

DSC00565rev.jpg

Males 2, 6, and 7 after termination.

DSC00566rev.jpg

What the room looks like now. The 2 males are in front, the two blueberrys are the back left and right, and all the rest are, well, the rest of the russians.

DSC00567rev.jpg

The top of #3 I think.

Thats it for this update. Ill hit yall up later!

The pots are three gallons, and I expect the plants to end up around 3 feet since they were flowered at 12 inches or smaller. But I have no idea cause this is the first time I have used Fox Farm Nutes, I burnt the shit out of my plants the last 2 runs I did in soil, but I think it had something to do with the kind of nutes I was using(General Hydroponics). I am expecting 1 1/2 ounces off each plant...I think it can happen, especially with the sea tea. But I wouldnt be suprised if I get less, or more.

I gave a very light sea tea application today. 15 drops from a dropper in about 275 mL water. I heard you should always spray your plants again with plain water after the plants dry from the previous spraying. BS420 or Moose, do you wash your leaves with plain water after you foliar feed?

Thanks for the input guys, ill holler later.

You grow is looking very nice my friend. Keep up the terrific work!

About you last post, I don't know. For one part it sounds logical, from an other it would like you wash off all the substance you gave to the plant. I don't know how fast a plant absorbs stuff from its leaves.. I've been giving my plants a foliar feed about 20 minutes before my lights go off. I figured I didn't want the water on the leaves to warm up and dammage the plant's leafs. I don't know if it would influence it, but I don't want to take a chance.

They are looking healthy again, I am so happy for ya. This should become a good harvest for ya in about two months. I should start flowering my clones tonight as well so I will be trimming right after you.

So the soil was getting pretty dry so I gave the babys their first flowering nute dose. This is how I did it. The Big Bloom heavy feeding says 1/2 cup per gallon every 7-14 days and the Tiger Bloom says 4 tsp oer gallon. I did 1 tsp Tiger bloom and 3 tsp big bloom. Does this sound about right? I was going for 1/4 strength of both. I wont give nutes next water and see how they react.

Also, should I be giving the males flowering nutes??
How long does it take after flowering for the pollen sacks to break open? I dont want to leave them in the same room too much longer and risk him blowing his load...

Thanks for the advice guys. Ill probably have pics up tomorrow for Week 2.

Peace. :peace:

I have thought about co2 but I think that my closet is too hot and too ventilated for that, probably a lost cause. Hopefully the room is vented enough to supply emough fresh air.

I have no first hand experience but I've read about using co2 and having no outside air exchange... not to mention when you supplement the co2 up to 1500ppm the optimal temp is approx. 90..... personally I want to get a setup for myself asap. If you have the means you should do some checking before you rule it out imo, I know I'd love to sit back and watch the result:cheesygrinsmiley:

btw berry they're looking so much better... congrats on turning em' around:clap:.... I never doubted ya

Thanks alot Spence, that makes me feel great. And I havent ruled out the co2, i might do something later when I have more dough! Hope the girls look good in the morning after their feeding today. Didnt get to see them cause I was at work all day. I cant wait till this shit is ready, its going to be rediculous.

Ok so here is the week 2 update...

DSC00573rev8.jpg

Male #8. Actually, i think its a hermie, it just started to show some hairs today. I was wondering why its pollen sacs are so much smaller than the other one. Im cutting it down today, I dont want to pollenate with a hermie!!

DSC00574rev9.jpg

Male #9. Im about to isolate him so I can collect the pollen.

DSC00575rev9.jpg

Male #9's nuts.

DSC00576rev1.jpg

Female #1. 15 1/2 in. It is the shortest and bushiest. Is this a genetic trait or just how this plant decided to grow this time.

DSC00577rev10.jpg

Female #10. 18 in.

DSC00578rev3.jpg

Female #3. 19 in.

DSC00579rev4.jpg

Female #4. 17 in.

DSC00580rev5.jpg

Female #5. 17 in.

DSC00581revBB1.jpg

Blueberry #1. 20 in. The one that got the mites.

DSC00582revBB2.jpg

Blueberry #2. 20 1/2 in.

Only thing I was wondering is if it is good for the leaves to be curled down like that. What makes them do that?

Lookin good. If you have the ability to isolate the male, you may want to think about doing the same for the suspected mite plant. Id hate to see them spread to the rest and kill the grow. Ive seen it happen before during flowering and cause a whole crop to get crappered.

Yeah, I am definately going to isolate the male really soon, probably today. I have 4 floro tubes, 40 watts each. Will that little light be able to give a female enough energy to make seeds?

About the mites, I am taking extra precautions to spraying her and keeping an eye on her and the others. They are subsiding now, I cant see any today after I look all over her.

Thats good to hear. Im no breeder so i know very little about seeding. I would assume that it would be fine. Do you know what the lumen output of the fluros is?

Thanks Mota and Greenhand for the replies...
Its time to water again today. The plants are showing some yellow on their leaves, Im thinking its a N defficiency since I only gave them one water of Grow big. Since I already gave a dose of flowering nutes last water, I am going to give a tablespoon of Fish Emulsion per gallon today to help with the nitrogen. We will see how that works for me.

BTW, there are only the 6 ladies left in the closet. One male was a suspected hermie cause I saw hairs on it, so I chopped it. The other male is in my bathtub under 1 40w floro tube. Some pollen sacks have opened, so I will be able to put some on the blueberry plant soon.

Thats all I have now. More pics on Monday for week 3!

Back
Top Bottom