White Russian soil grow from seeds

Thank you everyone for the positive words, and thanks for the reps Billy and 1 other unknown person.

About the blueberry plants, they are clones. Both of them were vegged till they were about 18 inches, then had 6 clones taken off of each one. They are the clones that are currently at my friends. After the clones were taken, there were no places for the plant to regenerate chutes over 10 inches, so I cut about 6 inches off of them. So basically all of its branches are side chutes, not the central stem.

Billy, I was noticing the sativa dominance as well. Looks like I might be waiting longer to harvest than I expected, but that is fine with me!!

I am so glad these look so nice after the hell they went through as seedlings. Serious seeds must have some nasty genetics!!

So I took some pics and re-arranged the room a little bit today. I probably wont have time to resize the images or post them till later after I get off work, but ill def. get it done then.

I just checked serious seeds and read up on the white russian again. It talks about a dominant indica background. The plants leaves are really just as skinny as the blueberrys, which are done in 60-65 days. I will have a 60x microscope before harvesting so I will be able to look at the trichromes and tell when ready. The leaves are curling up on the edges anyway making it look like they are skinnier than they really are.

Ill be back to holler later, :peace:

looking fantastic man and your growing two of my favorite strains. I'm looking forward to seeing the outcome of the WRs :cool:

The word is very good here in berryland. The plants are looking absolutely gorgeous(except the fact of a little nute burn, i watered with sea tea and gave way too much apparently.) I flushed them with 9 gallons this time, only did like 2 last time, and I am about to give them their first dose of nutes since...just 1/4 dilution big bloom. Ill see how they react to that.
Since the flush the buds have really started to fill out. The clones that I took 15 days ago are all showing crazy roots, 3 of them have been put into 4 inch pots, and I have to go get more pots and soil. Im gonna use Ocean Forrest again since these are not seedlings, they should be able to handle it.

The seed that I planted and put right under 12/12 is a female!! I guess being in the same room as females had an influence on her. I will probably have to cut her down a little premature bit it will still be exciting to watch her grow.

Here are the pics that I took on Oct. 27.

DSC00611rev.jpg

Here is a picture of a blueberry leaf...some pistils growing from the leaf apex. Ive seen this before too. Crazy.

DSC00612rev.jpg

Here is the new arrangement of plants. 2 in back, 3 in middle row, and 2 in front.

DSC00613rev.jpg

A bud from an unknown plant. I look at this picture now and the buds in there right now are soo much bigger.

DSC00614rev.jpg

You can see alot of the leaves that are coming out of the buds are just one leaf. Is this normal? Its also in the picture above.

DSC00615rev.jpg

A picture of some nute burn.

DSC00616rev.jpg

You can see the tips of the leaves curled up a bit. These leaves are greener than they are now.

DSC00617rev.jpg

Here we got the little girl. She has grown so much since this picture was taken.

Thats what I got for now, I am about to water and take pictures, ill post them whenever they are approved. Peace for now, enjoy the pics.

You have some good looking girls, Im sure they look a lot better now, filling in nice with buds, now i have to wait for the new pics. Wich ones the one your growing 12/12? Im thinking its the little one on the last pic.maybe.

I can honestly say that in all of the internet, the first time ive seen buds growing out of the base of a fan leaf before. Its nuts in my opinion.

Looking good berry...
It's good to know this has happened to someone else... I had the same thing happen to me last time with the budding at the apex, pretty strange I thought....

Mr. Grum, I cant wait to smoke this shit either. I have a feeling its going to be incredible. I absolutely love the pics that I took the other day too. These plants are looking insane!!

DSC00618rev.jpg

All the clones I took have rooted. Im excited to see how these things are going to start growing. Thinking about saving 12 for next time.

DSC00619rev.jpg

Good looking roots...

DSC00620rev.jpg

A close up view of the coloring of the clones...the tips of the leaves have turned purple.

DSC00621rev.jpg

A view of the little girl...you can see her hairs coming out of the upper nodes. I just gave her first nutrient dose earlier.

Now for the White Russians!! These were all taken on day 37 of flowering.

DSC00623rev10.jpg

#10, 37 inches

DSC00624rev4.jpg

#4, 36 1/2 inches

DSC00625rev3.jpg

#3, 38 1/2 inches and definately my favorite so far. This cola is going to be crazy!!

DSC00626rev3.jpg

A close up of #3's cola...

DSC00627rev5.jpg

#5, 32 inches

DSC00628rev1.jpg

#1, 37 in

DSC00629revbb2.jpg

BB #2. 40 1/2 inches. I had to tie these 2 plants up for support.

DSC00630revbb1.jpg

BB #1. 37 in.

Hope you all hive enjoyed the update. Less than 4 weeks to go, I am stoked!!

Man - I can't wait to see those ladies in another month! Should be some huge and productive trees!! Great job.

Thanks freak and spence, once again its always appreciated. I cant wait to see these guys in another month either. Its going to be a crazy sight. Ive decided to let these ladys go to 70 days, which puts me harvesting Sun, Dec 9th, setting me up for some good smoke right around christmas time.

One of my friends actually had an extra 1000W HPS bulb sitting around. He let me borrow it in exchange for some buds when I harvest. Ill take it, its a brand new hortilux. 145,000 lumens, much better than the 80,000 they were getting from the MH. I wanna let them get some good time under this light.

This is how I am going to feed the next couple of weeks. I gave a foliar feed of sea tea yesterday and watered with 2 tsp. of big bloom per gallon last watering. I am going to continue the sea tea for a while, every 5 days. I think I am doing it light enough and the plants are drying out quickly, im not risking mold. I am going to give a 1/3 strength tiger bloom solution the next watering.

This should set me up to use a new product a friend let me borrow. Its Humboldt County Gravity: Flower Hardener. It consists of Kelp Extract for complete flower development in the final bloom stage, and increases the size and mass of flowers. It is .75% sea kelp extract and .01% Vitamin B1. It says apply 2 consecutive waterings of 1 tsp. per gallon, around 3 weeks before harvest. I plan on giving 1/2 tsp per gall. 23 days before harvest and 3/4 tsp 17 days before harvest. It says all other nutes should be cut to 1/3 strength while using this. I am probably going to just give 1/4 big bloom with it, along with 1 tsp. carbo load. The carboload gives needed sugars to the plants, so I will be giving it every watering until harvest, since it is not a nutrient.

I plan on flushing November 30th, 10 days before harvest. Is this enough flushing time for soil plants?? After I flush I will need to water one more time before letting the soil dry out. I will add fresh squeezed orange juice to my gallons of water. Moose, if you could help me out here, I need to know how much I should give them. Apparently the juice has hydrocarbons that the plant uses to finish flowering, and since I flush all the nutrients out of the soil, adding this oj for the final watering could be a extra boost.

Concerning the clones that were taken, all 15 rooted and they have now been transplanted into 1 gallon pots with ocean forrest soil, and they are under a 125W floro and 2 40W tubes. I cant wait to see these things re-veg
and start growing again.

Damn, I rambled. Im higher than I thought. Pics will be taken again on monday, day 43. I cant wait for these to be done!! :peace:

Sounds like a plan. I'm very interested to see your results with the gravity...
Did you say you're using 2tsp per gal of the big bloom.... did you mean tiger bloom?? cause with the big bloom it says to use 1/4 - 1/2 cup... I've used the full dose before with nothing but positive results. Same goes for the tiger bloom I've used up to 5tsp per gal.... but then again they were very heavy feeders. I did notice just a lil' burn on the leaf tips when I used the 5tsp with the TB...

Also berry I'm curious wether you've ever used molasses... I've heard nothing but good things, it gives suger plus mg sulfur and something else:hmmmm: calcium maybe. I can't remember... Moose?!?! you around here? Like to hear your thoughts on this as well...

okay now look what ya did.... I'm on the verge of rambling myself......:peace:

Thanks man, I appreciate all your input and help. About the feeding, I dont want to give lots of nutes before I give the gravity because it is apparently a verrry strong product. That is why I am cutting back on the other nutes. My plants are pretty burnt right now, but thats because I miss calculated tsps for tbsp and overfed them twice. The next grow around I am going to be way more patient with the nutes than this time. Definately has been my biggest trouble to get the hang of.

I dont know about the molasses either, but I got some sitting around...used to put it in my oatmeal. Hopefully moose can help.

Here is what I dug up on the mole asses:cheesygrinsmiley: now keep in mind... this is strictly cut and paste here.... though I have used it with no negative results, I didn't do a side by side experiment or anything...

NUTRITIONAL COMPARISON OF ORGANIC MOLASSES VS. UNSULPHURED BLACKSTRAP MOLASSES

UNSULPHURED BLACKSTRAP
Brand Name: Plantation
Serving Size: 1 TBS
Potassium: 297mg (10%)
Calcium: mg not listed (20%)
Total Carbohydrates: 11g (4%)
Sugars: 11g
Total Fat: 0g
Iron: 20%
Magnesium: - not listed
Vitamin B6: - not listed

ORGANIC MOLASSES
Brand Name: Wholesome Sweeteners
Serving Size: 1 TBS
Potassium: 730mg (20%)
Calcium: 115mg (10%)
Total Carbohydrates: 14g (4%)
Sugars: 10g
Total Fat: 0g
Iron: 15%
Magnesium: 8%
Vitamin B6: 10%

Blackstrap has LESS sugar then the other varieties of molasses and IMO that fact alone makes it not worth buying if the others are available to you......

Different molasses varieties lend different flavors to recipes
All varieties can contain sulphur depending on the specific refining process used, but unsulphured products (lighter in color and smoother in flavor) are available. The lighter the molasses, the sweeter it is.

Here are the different varieties of molasses:

Blackstrap molasses: The syrup remaining after the third extraction of sugar from sugar cane. Blackstrap (derived in part from the Dutch stroop, meaning syrup) refers to the color of the molasses, which is extremely dark. It has a very strong, somewhat bittersweet flavor with a heady aroma. This variety is best used in recipes rather than as a straight sweetener such as pancake syrup. It contains many of the nutrients left behind by refined sugar crystals. By measure, it is 55% sucrose, the least sweet (because of it's lower sugar content) of the varieties.

Light molasses: Syrup remaining after the first processing of the sugar. It is generally unsulphured and is the lightest as well as sweetest variety. It is often used as a syrup for pancakes and waffles or stirred into hot cereals such as oatmeal. 65% sucrose.

Medium or Dark molasses: Remains after the second processing of the sugar. It is not as strong as blackstrap. About 60% sucrose.

Treacle: True treacle dates from Victorian times. A pale, refined molasses, it is notably sweeter and has a much more mellow flavor than molasses. Nowadays, treacle is a blend of molasses and refinery syrup. It ranges in color from light gold to nearly black. British treacle can be substituted for molasses in most recipes, but much less frequently will molasses work as a replacement for treacle. If you do substitute molasses for treacle, use the lightest, unsulphured molasses you can find.

Sorghum molasses: Technically, this is not molasses. It comes from the sorghum plant, a cereal grain which is grown specifically for molasses rather than refined sugar. It is also referred to as unsulphured, West Indies or Barbados molasses. The syrup is made from the juice of the stalk which is cooked and clarified. The result is smooth with a clear amber color, free of sediment or graininess. Although it contains no sulphur, sorghum molasses generally does contain preservative which is added to lengthen its short shelf life. When substituting for other sweeteners, use 1/2 to 3/4 of the sweetener amount called for in the recipe. Since it can ferment, sorghum molasses should be kept refrigerated unless you go through it fairly quickly. 65% to 70% sucrose.

Man...I just went in to the room during the dark cycle and snapped 5 pics. They took my breath away! These are turning into crazy buds, with bleach white hairs that arent hairs, they are about as big around as lolli-pop sticks. And the trichromes are starting to come on. Wow, these last weeks are going to be something crazy! Im excited I get to fill you all in. :peace: Ill post the pics in the morning when I hope they are back from approval.

Back
Top Bottom