2 Girls & 1 Kit: Major PITA Takes High Brix Outdoors, Summer 2015

Dude I think you'll be braggin' you might have a longer finish than you think or were expecting but its gonna be great:thumb:

Thanks!
I'm sure you are right as long as I can let them finish before the weather gets nasty. :high-five:

You mean breaking the plant down into manageable j-hooks?

Sounds like a bunch of hippie mumbo jumbo!

:rofl: Geez, I love having you along. We should laugh over coffee someday. Seriously. :laughtwo:

Major, they're breathtaking! Need help trimming? :battingeyelashes:

Major, from my limited experience hybrids bud multiple ways. You'll have big 12-14 feet plants that grow very small but potent buds, where you'll yield a pound max. You'll have smaller but bushier plants that grow 8-9 feet maybe but branch well and produce heavy huge colas that can give you up to 7 lbs. Then you'll have quite big and bushy plants that grow big colas and yield 2-5 lbs. And then you're gonna have small plants that yield very little low or medium quality smoke. It's impossible to figure it out if you don't know the strain.

major!!! friggin awesome forest!! great job! :bravo:
Thanks Zig! It is a group effort and the best is just around the corner.

Major, they're breathtaking! Need help trimming? :battingeyelashes:
Hi Sue. They do put a smile on my face every time I'm in the garden. Trimming will be a nightmare - and a long commute for you. :cheesygrinsmiley: We are buying another pair of trimming scissors today or tomorrow. My neighbor might help out. I told him I'd be glad to sit in on his trim session, if needed.

Major, from my limited experience hybrids bud multiple ways. You'll have big 12-14 feet plants that grow very small but potent buds, where you'll yield a pound max. You'll have smaller but bushier plants that grow 8-9 feet maybe but branch well and produce heavy huge colas that can give you up to 7 lbs. Then you'll have quite big and bushy plants that grow big colas and yield 2-5 lbs. And then you're gonna have small plants that yield very little low or medium quality smoke. It's impossible to figure it out if you don't know the strain.
Thanks so much! I wish I knew how these will turn out. I have cuttings ready for my next grow, but would rather try something different unless these knock my socks off. I'll grow a couple new strains regardless of how these turn out.

Man Major, those look really nice! If you are on Facebook, you should shoot TGA Subcool a pic of the AOS. I bet they post that for sure. I am hoping the weather holds for you. :goodjob:
I would but I don't do FB. Thanks for the idea and good vibes!

Ya Major ....what Neiko said....we're all pulling for ya , and hope mother nature lets you harvest before the shit weather comes. lookin very promising my brotha!:thumb:
It will be close and you never know. Keeping my fingers crossed!

:thanks: to you all :high-five:

Those are beautiful Major! The earliest frost I remember was on September 21st but will a frost put them low or will it invigorate them? Only time will tell I guess but in the wild she grows through wind, rain and frost too. You are higher than I am... *snicker* so your frost date might be different.

If you are looking for a high CBD strain you might try Sweet and Sour Widow, she has (not counting THCA) THC = 8.59 and CBD = 13.88. My sister uses it and is impressed.
:green_heart:

The long range forecast looks good for us in Oregon Major. This little peek at fall, looks to be just a peek. Looking good until early Oct. Here's to a full happy finish of the girls.

Those are beautiful Major! The earliest frost I remember was on September 21st but will a frost put them low or will it invigorate them? Only time will tell I guess but in the wild she grows through wind, rain and frost too. You are higher than I am... *snicker* so your frost date might be different.

If you are looking for a high CBD strain you might try Sweet and Sour Widow, she has (not counting THCA) THC = 8.59 and CBD = 13.88. My sister uses it and is impressed.
:green_heart:

Thanks for that recommendation, Tranquil!
Our average first frost ranges from Sep 20th to Oct 3rd, depending on which weather station I think is closest to my microclimate. Too soon, anyway! I picked the quickest strains I could find (and was at all interested in) to try and get them finished in September. Looks like it won't happen so I'll have to hope for the best.
:slide:

Yep, every round we learn something, but your plants look quite good Major and again, plants seem to figure this stuff out. It'll be a race either way, but I'm in your cup half full corner.

So there's a bigger difference that I thought between my local climate and your oregonian one in the end :cheesygrinsmiley: From my observations I was assuming that you are similar to northern Italy, you know heat, rain and humidity :cheesygrinsmiley: But we never get frost in September, we really never get frost in October. The earliest something like that can happen is late November. If you have patience Major, you can set up a small greenhouse around your plants just for these last 3-4 weeks, and that will cover you from any frost or snow.

Few years back when I planted outside a little later then I should have I ended up covering a plant every night with a garbage bag to protect it from October frost. Used some bamboo all around it so the bag didn't touch the plant, for the most part. The plant was bag seed so the whole grow was just for fun/experimentation, but it helped. My wife called it the ghost in the garden because I used I white trash bag to cover it,, haha

The big thing I learned was to get the bag off early to deal with condensation ASAP.

You'll figure it out, Major. I wish you luck, and hope for the best for you. You've got some great plants there...

The long range forecast looks good for us in Oregon Major. This little peek at fall, looks to be just a peek. Looking good until early Oct. Here's to a full happy finish of the girls.
Yeah - at least for then next week, the weather is going to be awesome. We are supposed to be 20+ degrees warmer than last week with highs in the mid-90's again!

Yep, every round we learn something, but your plants look quite good Major and again, plants seem to figure this stuff out. It'll be a race either way, but I'm in your cup half full corner.
I'm with you Gov. I think the weather will partly dictate how quickly they finish. In any case, I'm optimistic about being able to let them do their thing right to the end.

So there's a bigger difference that I thought between my local climate and your oregonian one in the end :cheesygrinsmiley: From my observations I was assuming that you are similar to northern Italy, you know heat, rain and humidity :cheesygrinsmiley: But we never get frost in September, we really never get frost in October. The earliest something like that can happen is late November. If you have patience Major, you can set up a small greenhouse around your plants just for these last 3-4 weeks, and that will cover you from any frost or snow.
October can get very cold here at night, or it can stay really nice. I could probably tent them using the fence poles but a couple of them are taller than that. It is a great idea and if it appears like I'll need it, I'll try to be ready to throw something over them at night. I have some ideas how I can do it.

Few years back when I planted outside a little later then I should have I ended up covering a plant every night with a garbage bag to protect it from October frost. Used some bamboo all around it so the bag didn't touch the plant, for the most part. The plant was bag seed so the whole grow was just for fun/experimentation, but it helped. My wife called it the ghost in the garden because I used I white trash bag to cover it,, haha

The big thing I learned was to get the bag off early to deal with condensation ASAP.

You'll figure it out, Major. I wish you luck, and hope for the best for you. You've got some great plants there...
Thanks for that MMM!
If needed, I'm going to get a large sheet of visqueen. I can screw some 10' tall 2x4's to the posts and drape the plastic over them. I'll add some more stakes inside the garden and run the cover out over them for a make-shift partial greenhouse. Hopefully it won't come to that.

TY! YOU GUYS ARE GREAT!

Have I mentioned before that I love this thread?

Lol. Pretty sure yes.

Morning homies! Thx for having us over Major!!

Hey BK! Glad you stopped by. :high-five:

Have a Safe Word; talk about communicating with your plants!

McD's

Have a Safe Word; talk about communicating with your plants!

McD's

Hey Reg!
Best of luck with your seed project. :morenutes:

I don't usually update but once per week, but the Pitbulls seem to be changing on an almost daily basis. They were just beginning to show a little color on Saturday. Here is what they look like today.

Pitbull_Bud_2_09-07-15.jpg

Pitbull_Bud_1_09-07-15.jpg

They look healthy and smell great. I love the coloring but no idea if it is normal or a concern. Both of them are doing it and they are in different soils with different nutrients. With that in mind, my assumption is it's the nature of the beast now that we've had some chilly nights. The most exposed buds have the most color so it must be the temperature. Nights are down to the low 40's.

Back
Top Bottom