2 Girls & 1 Kit: Major PITA Takes High Brix Outdoors, Summer 2015

Major ..your temp. plant shelter looks fantastic brotha...are you kidding me ...you even used a whitish transparent matl. It looks plenty strong enough , as long as it doesn't get too crazy. And what Snoop said too, about the high temps. still, wow...still 80's and 90's. Glad you had a good trip and came back with some diff. strains to try. Cheers eh!.

They look very frosty, Major :thumb: Stay on the lookut for mold especially with Pitbull which I can see is more advanced and is end of September strain :Namaste:

Cannabis Condom,, For. The. Win.

Oh, what a laugh ;)

nice plants, Major. Good luck my friend....

I appreciate all your comments, guys!

The hot weather is over for a few days. Now the forecast for today is only supposed to hit the upper 70's (well below average and a 25 degree drop in just two days). Wednesday should only be upper 60's! WTF? Then back into upper 80's to near 90 by the weekend. All that is OK, but the rain showers and high humidity 70%+ will be what causes grief, if anything.

I just gave the HB plants their 2nd Cat. I have enough for one more, depending on what I see. Then back to G.E. and Trans watering. They are nearing the finish line judging from their smell and resin. I need to get out my loop and start taking a good look at them. So far, no evidence of mold or hermies. I'm still hoping they bulk up more over the next two weeks, or so.
:high-five:

I appreciate all your comments, guys!

The hot weather is over for a few days. Now the forecast for today is only supposed to hit the upper 70's (well below average and a 25 degree drop in just two days). Wednesday should only be upper 60's! WTF? Then back into upper 80's to near 90 by the weekend. All that is OK, but the rain showers and high humidity 70%+ will be what causes grief, if anything.

I just gave the HB plants their 2nd Cat. I have enough for one more, depending on what I see. Then back to G.E. and Trans watering. They are nearing the finish line judging from their smell and resin. I need to get out my loop and start taking a good look at them. So far, no evidence of mold or hermies. I'm still hoping they bulk up more over the next two weeks, or so.
:high-five:

I'm with MassMedMan - that was rich! Haha! Major, they're stunning, and such wonderful portraits of them. That AoS.... Whoa! We're all going to cross our fingers and toes that you avoid the dreaded mold.

When you started, did you have any real sense of how grand it was going to be at this point? :thumb:

Hey Major,
Our girls are a little behind yours with Mazar heading the list with the biggest buds in the grow, followed by Gorilla Glue, Sour D, and (smaller) GrandDaddyPurp, with OG looking like a late Oct harvest (fingers crossed on that one!). Also, your forecast is the same as ours, even though I thought you where way N. of us. We have 20 ft pvc bent in half hoops, but the girls have way out grown them for cover in rain. Not sure what we'll do if need be! Prey for light rain and dry days till November then let the rains rip. Good luck brother.

You have a very similar perturbation to ours here. We got hit by rainy and cloudy weather which should change tomorrow or day after tomorrow. From my experience the only problem you get when your gals are in late flowering and buds are really big and hard, otherwise they need the rain. I was actually very happy to get it now as it'll improve the yield :thumb:

You have a very similar perturbation to ours here. We got hit by rainy and cloudy weather which should change tomorrow or day after tomorrow. From my experience the only problem you get when your gals are in late flowering and buds are really big and hard, otherwise they need the rain. I was actually very happy to get it now as it'll improve the yield :thumb:
Agreed C. No comparison to you twos outdoor plants but our little Fire Escape girls love rain in Veg or Bloom. All 3 seasons so far it never caused mold, they just suck it up and seem to get an extra boost.

All1_09-12-15.jpg
That's the pic that best sums up this grow so far; Stellar...

Some people have car ports. Major has a pot port. Hahaha, still loving the cannabis condom. But that wide shot makes it look like a car port.... Nice day, Major

I'm with MassMedMan - that was rich! Haha! Major, they're stunning, and such wonderful portraits of them. That AoS.... Whoa! We're all going to cross our fingers and toes that you avoid the dreaded mold.

When you started, did you have any real sense of how grand it was going to be at this point? :thumb:
Thanks Sue!
When I started these back in April I had no real expectations. I didn't even know if I could get them this far. Now, so close to the finish, I realize anything can still happen. I'd hate to chop them early, but if push comes to shove, at least I could get some sort of harvest now.

Hey Major,
Our girls are a little behind yours with Mazar heading the list with the biggest buds in the grow, followed by Gorilla Glue, Sour D, and (smaller) GrandDaddyPurp, with OG looking like a late Oct harvest (fingers crossed on that one!). Also, your forecast is the same as ours, even though I thought you where way N. of us. We have 20 ft pvc bent in half hoops, but the girls have way out grown them for cover in rain. Not sure what we'll do if need be! Prey for light rain and dry days till November then let the rains rip. Good luck brother.
I picked a couple of quick strains. That might explain the difference in how far along they are. I'm only about 25 miles above the Cali' border, as the crow flies.
My brother-in-law did something like your hoops but he is keeping his girls low and bushy.

20150911_105959.jpg

Agreed C. No comparison to you twos outdoor plants but our little Fire Escape girls love rain in Veg or Bloom. All 3 seasons so far it never caused mold, they just suck it up and seem to get an extra boost.

That's the pic that best sums up this grow so far; Stellar...
I've got no problem with some intermittent rain, although I've had a couple of foliar feeds washed away from downpours. My concerns are, we sometimes get hail along with the thunderstorms this time of year. And it is humid - ranging from 60% - 85% RH. Once they get wet, they take a long time to dry out. They love the rain, too, and earlier in the year, it was welcome. I may have over-reacted, but I'd rather err on the cautious side. I'm pretty sure I'd lose more to mold than I'd gain from some rain at this point.

The weather continues to surprise. The high today will be about 64-65. Last Friday it was well over 100. That's a 40 degree swing in 4 days! We've got rain forecast for the rest of the work week. Then back to dry and around 90 for the weekend.

Some people have car ports. Major has a pot port. Hahaha, still loving the cannabis condom. But that wide shot makes it look like a car port.... Nice day, Major
Thanks MMM! Have a great day yourself (and all of the rest of you, as well)!

:circle-of-love:

I'm getting ready for my next run - back indoors.
Here is the lineup. There is nothing too special. I found a couple I wanted to try and am holding on to my current strains until I find out if they tickle my pickle.

From left to right: Shark Shock (equal THC & CBD), Sour Diesel, Blue Dream, Pitbull, Ace of Spades
20150915_111130.jpg

20150915_111151.jpg

The AoS has already been topped. She likes to grow tall. The three new girls were just put into the 1 gal pots last night. They will get some topping and/or training soon. Sadly, only four of these, at most, will fit into my small space.

Lookin forward to your indoor grow Major. You won't need the produce ......must be doin it cuz ya love us ....right! :blunt: Cheers pal!

I can't help myself... :cheesygrinsmiley:

They look loaded with potential Major. I look forward to your indoor journal. I always hold my breath as a journal wraps up because you never know if the cultivator wants to keep up with the demands of a journal. I'm so pleased you decided to continue. Your presence here has become something we've all come to depend on. :love:

Back
Top Bottom