420 Magazine's Member of the Month: September 2018

420 Magazine's Member of the Month: September 2018

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I appreciate my votes as well. You feel honored to be nominated and at the same time you know all the other people on the list deserve to win! Lol. The contests have become one of my favorite threads to check out each month. And lots of good sponsor participation as well. Fun times! Good luck to all the nominees.

Always very difficult to make a choice in this contest. In the end I flipped a coin between Mr K and Tortured Soul and Mr. K got it. But I’d also like to give a shout out to TS for the extra effort he puts into answering people’s questions. Amazing really.

Wandering the forum and the FAQ’s and answering questions is addictive, but I know from experience it ain’t always easy. It can take a lot of work to write a coherent answer, organize links, trying to guess problems from a few pictures... Sometimes you’ll write a whole essay and not even get a reply or a thank you, or find yourself tangled in a silly argument, or even meet a real troll :( It can be a bit of a minefield that way. Once in a while you meet someone you click with and find a new 420 friend. Sometimes you feel like you actually helped someone out- a good feeling.
Congrats to all the nominees and here’s one for all the wandering FAQ warriors.

:passitleft:

As I cheer from the stands..... man this ones a tight one.... GL

I wish I could vote twice. :D

I'm kind of glad that people can't, lol. There's enough of that going on in Chicago (or at least there used to be).

I haven't seen a single "campaigning" type post since the decision was made to forbid such things, and due to the fact that we cannot delete private messages with the new forum software, anyone who privately begs for votes is probably going to get caught (and disqualified or maybe even banned). Besides, I think we're a pretty honest group here.

Yeah, there's some degree of nail-biting, that's for sure. It's still a complete uncertainty - and it'll remain so right up until the last moment. Which is cool. That's one of the great things about seeing deserving candidates (and me ;) ) on the list - we have NO idea who'll end up winning, but we'll all be happy for the person that ultimately does.

And there are many more people who would be deserving, so be sure to nominate some of them in future months! Maybe someone will look at what you've been doing around here, and nominate YOU. . . .

Very humbling to be on the list. I appreciate all the people who vote. Not just my votes. Lol. But everyone that takes the time to recognize fellow members. The closeness makes it exciting for sure! But I guarantee you that everyone on the list this month can look at the other names and point to at least one (probably all) and say “they deserve to win”. I think that about all you guys on there! You all bring something unique to the table. Thanks for that!

I'm kind of glad that people can't, lol. There's enough of that going on in Chicago (or at least there used to be).

I haven't seen a single "campaigning" type post since the decision was made to forbid such things, and due to the fact that we cannot delete private messages with the new forum software, anyone who privately begs for votes is probably going to get caught (and disqualified or maybe even banned). Besides, I think we're a pretty honest group here.

Yeah, there's some degree of nail-biting, that's for sure. It's still a complete uncertainty - and it'll remain so right up until the last moment. Which is cool. That's one of the great things about seeing deserving candidates (and me ;) ) on the list - we have NO idea who'll end up winning, but we'll all be happy for the person that ultimately does.

And there are many more people who would be deserving, so be sure to nominate some of them in future months! Maybe someone will look at what you've been doing around here, and nominate YOU. . . .
Yeah! your right! But too many awesome guys! Guess I will vote my favorite ones each month one by one :slide:

Am I the longest active member thsts never been nominated for motm? Not that I have ever helped anyone, so not coming across as deserving, just wondering whos been here longer without nomination....

2013? New guy, eh? (Lol)

That might be a job to figure out, actually. I don't know if we can pull up a list of members sorted by their join dates with this version of the forum.

I wouldn't mind seeing a thread that listed all of the nominees from the first of these contests up through the current one (and ongoing in the future), because - as has been stated - just getting nominated is an honor, and a deserved one for the people who try to help. But I suppose it would be a fair bit of work to compile.

I wouldn't be surprised to see you appear in one of these threads in the future as a choice, Grizz. You're active, you help... and there seems to be a passion there ;) .

Dont you nominate no inclusion me :rofl: I was just curious.. I don't remember seeing norcaliwood but wouldn't be surprised if he's actually won it... potchimp?

Nominated August, 2017.

EDIT: I typed the following into a web-search engine:
Code:
site:https://www.420magazine.com "420 magazine's member of the month" potchimp

Back
Top Bottom