5'X5' One Plant Scrog Pounder With LED

thats amazing CO. totally amazing. what do you think of the airpots man? reps for pics of awesome setups, green vibes to you.

Thank you. I like them but came across one problem. I went over it in my video of Airpots vr smart pots. But other then lots of water sitting in the pan I like them. The main reason I got them is I wanted to try a transplant on them and see how that go's and to do a video on some ? I have been asked about them from some of my friends.

My video on them is on page 14. I you can not watch it I will explain more.

yeah haha i remember you were advising someone else to do that. something im seriously thinking about in my next grow but curious to know how do you stop the water from pissing out of the holes you've drilled?

I'm under the impression that the goal of these pots is just that ? Make sure it drains well to prevent overwatering an supply the roots with oxygen?
You could insert regular wall plugs into the holes to restrict flow a bit.. tho it would probably be better to just buy one then :p

Just have a little time to load some pic. Here is a close up of a plant that has been topped
20140425_211401.jpg

Now here is two pic from two of my Hawaiian with 9 fingered leafs at 4 nodes high
20140425_211238.jpg
20140425_211055.jpg

Do the numbers of fingers have any significance? I have some of my original fan leaves that are 9 fingered.

I would say no on being significance but with all the strains I grow and have growing I do not see may plants ever grow them so when I see them It makes me happy lol. Just a plant lover I am.

Alright I got a bottle of Clone Tek just showed up today time to put it to the test. If you know me I am a big cloning kind of guy lol. I will get this cloning solution going asap in the clone dome today or tomorrow. I will do pic show and video series on it to see how it stacks up.
20140428_184718.jpg
20140428_184735.jpg
20140428_184810.jpg

I'm under the impression that the goal of these pots is just that ? Make sure it drains well to prevent overwatering an supply the roots with oxygen?
You could insert regular wall plugs into the holes to restrict flow a bit.. tho it would probably be better to just buy one then :p

i kinda see the logic. i found this mesh typa fabric that i could probly line along the pot to reduce the leakage but add to oxygen circulation.

i kinda see the logic. i found this mesh typa fabric that i could probly line along the pot to reduce the leakage but add to oxygen circulation.

Smart pots and air pots are both good for oxygen but the one main thing is not that it is air pruning roots. That is what makes them great.

I've never used Air Pots but would like to. I see them best being used as early pots because they promote easy transplantation. With their design the roots will air prune into those holes. The Air Pot is easily opened and root ball removed with all of the spiky areas with air pruned roots. All these areas when placed in new soil will cause very rapid new root growth into the new fresh medium. Then when going to the final container I'd switch to fabric.

Great shares on the smart pots & airpots I have had good luck with both, my 2 cents to add, is they allow the roots to grow outside the binds of typical pots, the tip of the root that gets "outside" dies/stops growing, in turn, this makes the plant, make new root on a new path, where the the one that got outside, left off, the new root will take an about face, back into the soil and , there you have it, a new root, inside the pot. This happens hundreds upon hundreds of times, at the end, you have more spreading of roots than a plastic pot, plastic pots, end up with roots packed together at the "wall" fighting over nutes and choking each other.

Back
Top Bottom