A Canuk Seeds Comparative Grow Ft. GG#4, Cement Shoes, Blue Dream, Purple Punch

So lush and ready to get their flower on!

What's up with the middle top of the GG4 pic? It looks sad. :(
nice and healthy. much appreciated, shed.

that's the top I broke while training. it had healed up a bit but I went and knocked it the other day.
it didn't take much and it was dangling by a thread again. Ended up with a extra node so thinking I'll chop it off.

Gorilla Glue (GG4)
20240115_024050.jpg

Cement Shoes
20240115_024157.jpg

20240115_024112.jpg

20240115_024241.jpg

Purple Punch
20240115_024317.jpg

Blue Dream
20240115_024310.jpg

Minutes before lights out.. Thinking I'll flip them very soon.
Your cement shoes is that a polyploid?

They are looking good buddy 👍👏

thanks abe. the cement shoes has a branch that is fasciated.
my spellcheck doesn't like that word so might not be a thing 😂
I was hoping that the celery stick would put out a few secondary nodes but it seems destined to be the single cola.
can see how just that one branch also has a bit of leaf cupping / tacoing.
honestly this might be the bushiest plant i've grown... i defoliated just a few days ago.
you can spot a single leaf with variegation on the blue dream too. forgot to get a close up.

thanks abe. the cement shoes has a branch that is fasciated.
my spellcheck doesn't like that word so might not be a thing 😂
I was hoping that the celery stick would put out a few secondary nodes but it seems destined to be the single cola.
can see how just that one branch also has a bit of leaf cupping / tacoing.
honestly this might be the bushiest plant i've grown... i defoliated just a few days ago.
you can spot a single leaf with variegation on the blue dream too. forgot to get a close up.
Awesome looking ladies bro 👍. CL🍀 :thumb: :welldone:

For all in tents and purposes.
20240127_041549.jpg

First up the GG4. You'd never know she was the runt. She's beautiful.
20240127_041151.jpg

Next up, the Cement Shoes. Presumably for when you'd like to sleep with the fishes.
I've defoliated her like four times in two weeks and keep tucking leaves. In no time she'll be out of control again.
20240127_032125.jpg

The purple punch. She's due for some thinning and she's stretched a bit more than I like.
I prefer shorter plants because they often don't need support and tighter node spacing usually means larger colas.
I've had plants surprise me so we'll see how she stacks up.

20240127_032142.jpg

The Bleu Nuit. No, sorry that's something unrelated. The Blue Dream.
She's stretched even more. Unfortunately I'm probably going to get stuck throwing up a net for support.
I would've just done a SCROG from the start but it makes watering the back so difficult.
20240127_032155.jpg

I finally found my tape measure.
The @Mars Hydro lights are ~ 18" from the canopy of the front two and ~ 12 from back.
I might slip some risers under the front ones just to compensate. Later Growmies.

20240127_041605.jpg

20240127_041549.jpg

20240127_041151.jpg

Next up, the Cement Shoes. Presumably for when you'd like to sleep with the fishes.
I've defoliated her like four times in two weeks and keep tucking leaves. In no time she'll be out of control again.
20240127_032125.jpg

The purple punch. She's due for some thinning and she's stretched a bit more than I like.
I prefer shorter plants because they often don't need support and tighter node spacing usually means larger colas.

20240127_032142.jpg

She's stretched even more. Unfortunately I'm probably going to get stuck throwing up a net for support.
I would've just done a SCROG from the start but it makes watering the back so difficult.
20240127_032155.jpg

The @Mars Hydro lights are ~ 18" from the canopy of the front two and ~ 12 from back.
I might slip some risers under the front ones just to compensate. Later Growmies.

20240127_041605.jpg
Beautiful work my brother, all with good color praying to the light. I predict some amazing bud in your future. CL🍀 :thumb: :welldone:

20240127_041549.jpg

20240127_041151.jpg

20240127_032125.jpg

20240127_032142.jpg

20240127_032155.jpg

20240127_041605.jpg

She's got some Legs now ,and its on lookin goood

Nice spread brother!! Full bill of health too there about to take off!!

You got both them lights maxed out?

20240127_041549.jpg

20240127_041151.jpg

20240127_032125.jpg

20240127_032142.jpg

20240127_032155.jpg

20240127_041605.jpg
all i can say is wow! what a beautiful jungle bro :thumb:

"Quotes:"

Beautiful work my brother, all with good color praying to the light. I predict some amazing bud in your future. CL🍀 :thumb: :welldone:

T.Y, CL.
The summer's outdoor grow was kind of a let down so I'm stoked for this one and know I'll get some big sticky buds.
I got some clippings to a buddy so I'm sure he'll get some enjoyment out of them too.

She's got some Legs now ,and its on lookin goood

and she knows how to use them? 🏃‍♀️💨

Nice spread brother!! Full bill of health too there about to take off!!

You got both them lights maxed out?

Thanks GV. I vegged with the one dimmed most of the time and set the 2nd one to about 50% when flipping.
I cranked it yesterday though when I saw how much they had stretched.
I'm thinking I'll give that photone app a go and see how much light they're getting but I've done two grows now with both at 100% and apart from some foxtailing they seem to handle it. 600w is probably a bit overkill but I see foxtailing as extra yield and other than making it harder to know when to harvest, it's a win.

Those lights are serving intensive purposes 😉 and the plants are loving what you're doing!

Is the difference in light between the taller and shorter canopies going to be an issue as they stretch? I was thinking you could either angle the front edges down or (if they fit) hang them front to back instead of side by side.
I appreciate it Shed.
I was thinking about how to handle this a bit last night and had considered maybe hanging them like so
Code:
[]
  []

and having the shorter plants directly beneath the lights and the taller ones off to the sides. Another idea was to have the lights closer to the front so that the taller ones arent growing into the fixtures.

That or I maybe I can find something decent to raise the shorter ones with because there's still quite a bit of headroom and raising the lights wont be an issue. Know I should but I don't even have an exhaust going atm, just been leaving the tent partially open. Since I'm not scrubbing smell and I was venting directly into the same room it just seems pointless.

if i had my hands on them i be in super crop heaven! lol
The other option is to do what marcus is suggesting lol.
makes me a bit squeamish doing it in bloom though.

all i can say is wow! what a beautiful jungle bro :thumb:
Thanks buddy means a lot.

"Quotes:"

T.Y, CL.
The summer's outdoor grow was kind of a let down so I'm stoked for this one and know I'll get some big sticky buds.
I got some clippings to a buddy so I'm sure he'll get some enjoyment out of them too.

and she knows how to use them? 🏃‍♀️💨

Thanks GV. I vegged with the one dimmed most of the time and set the 2nd one to about 50% when flipping.
I cranked it yesterday though when I saw how much they had stretched.
I'm thinking I'll give that photone app a go and see how much light they're getting but I've done two grows now with both at 100% and apart from some foxtailing they seem to handle it. 600w is probably a bit overkill but I see foxtailing as extra yield and other than making it harder to know when to harvest, it's a win.

I appreciate it Shed.
I was thinking about how to handle this a bit last night and had considered maybe hanging them like so
Code:
[]
  []

and having the shorter plants directly beneath the lights and the taller ones off to the sides. Another idea was to have the lights closer to the front so that the taller ones arent growing into the fixtures.

That or I maybe I can find something decent to raise the shorter ones with because there's still quite a bit of headroom and raising the lights wont be an issue. Know I should but I don't even have an exhaust going atm, just been leaving the tent partially open. Since I'm not scrubbing smell and I was venting directly into the same room it just seems pointless.

The other option is to do what marcus is suggesting lol.
makes me a bit squeamish doing it in bloom though.

Thanks buddy means a lot.
mine was 3rd week flower. results.....
need i say more.. :popcorn:

20240123_201338.jpg

20240123_201343.jpg

I put down some buckets so the canopy is a bit more level.

20240129_032947.jpg

20240129_032459.jpg

Thinned out the back ones a bit more.
20240129_032523.jpg
20240129_032532.jpg

Fired up the vivosun exhaust on low. Lots of headroom still.
20240129_032635.jpg

Thanks for the reminder. I'll start keeping track of the day in the updates.
It's day 13 today. I changed the timer on the 16th and the 17th was the first day of 12/12.

Back
Top Bottom