A ViparSpectra KS3000, GroBucket SIPs, & FN Fertilizer, Oh My - By Farside05

Hey Farside I'm here to learn too! :)

Welcome! Hopefully there will be more "What to do" than "What not to do" in this grow.

On a side note, I got a new portable vaporizer yesterday, an Arizer Solo 2. I bought the son and daughter Pax 3's for Xmas but found the lack of a display a drawback on those. Just seemed overly complicated for me. They wanted theirs for ultra portability and concealability. I have a desktop Arizer Extreme Q that I use with bags. I wanted something I could use around the house without having to venture back to the lab where the desktop is located. Also will be good for use out by the pool in summertime. The Solo 2 is bulkier than the Pax, and has glass stems, so its not something you're gonna stick in your pocket. The Solo fit my needs, easy to use, and was a cheaper than the Pax. I tried it out yesterday after work. It uses very little herb, put out substantial vapor, and like Mrs @InTheShed would say in her reviews, "gets me high". The vapor was cool and flavorful even though it was from fluffy Northern Lights bud that was meant for oil. Maybe today I'll load it with some Blueberry Glue that's tastier.

Happy New Years Farside!! Hope you are ready for a beautiful 2023!!!

Thanks. I'm hoping it's a colorful one. These strains have the ability to be pretty and I hope they turn out that way.

Nice babies and a great review!

Thanks

Here's a little secret. The Solo cups that the seedlings are in are filled with Osmocote amended Pro-Mix, at full strength. It was the only thing I had available at transplanting time since it was 5 degrees outside where the soil-less mix tub is located. I had an unused SIP bucket in the lab from the other grow that I scammed the Solo cup dirt from.

Hey Farside great start so far, I'm in on this one.

I have an Arizer Solo 2 as well and have used it for 2 or so years now. I absolutely love it. It's not super stealth, but having the ability to adjust the heat down to 350 or even less creates some incredibly different highs and it's amazing for micro dosing. It's my go-to tool during any illness as it seems the control in the temperature really does isolate different terpenes and produce different types of medication.

I have an Arizer Solo 2 as well and have used it for 2 or so years now. I absolutely love it. It's not super stealth, but having the ability to adjust the heat down to 350 or even less creates some incredibly different highs and it's amazing for micro dosing. It's my go-to tool during any illness as it seems the control in the temperature really does isolate different terpenes and produce different types of medication.
Hey Aspen, that sounds great that way you describe it giving different highs.

The babies look great except for one. The front left Blackberry MoonRocks looks worse for wear. I am attributing it to the hot soil (Pro-Mix plus Osmocote) in the Solo cups. The other 3 seem fine but the front left has some spots. The plan for now is to let it just adapt to it's environment. I need to get the SIPs filled in anticipation of the transplant which will most likely happen in the next few days. Didn't get to it today since I was repairing a fuel line on my van that a squirrel decided to call lunch.

The front left Blackberry MoonRocks still looks rough. The other 3 are where I'd normally transplant them but I'm trying to hold off till Wednesday when I'm off.

Well they seem to have survived the transplant. Spent much of today making capsules (270) for my sister and 3 of the 4 batches of gummies for a friend. Ran out of Jello so I'm waiting on the wife to return from the store with more for batch 4. Running low on oil so I have some weed decarbing now for another batch. Should be some good stuff. It will have an ounce of Wedding Cake and an ounce of Blueberry Glue in it. Broke out the lux meter to see what a hanging height of 24" and 75% power on the KS3000 comes out to. It ranges from 20-25k lux. That should suit them for now until they get more established.

New growth on the little one is coming in nicely. How many ppm of N are you filling the res with at this stage?

It's around 90. Full strength of 10ml of each FN Fertilizer™ is about 150, so 15 ppm per ml and I fed the 6ml.

Keep out of reach of children!

I put any excess that can't fit in the molds in a little dish. I call them hockey pucks when finished. I ate 2/3 of a puck yesterday after many rum and Cokes. Was definitely messed, but in a good way.

Back
Top Bottom