Alaskan1 Sativa Dom Flo n Gro Tent #2

Ok, I promised a grizzly story so here it goes. Probably won't compare to a OMM story but you asked for it!!!

Up in Alaska one of the many things I did was hunt. Especially when it came to duck and goose hunting. My trusty lab (Mandy) and I would hit the saltwater tidal flats and we usually ended up with our fair share of the ducks. One thing you have to understand about Mandy, She was by far the best trained lab I have ever owned. I've raised labs all my life but none campared to this dog. She was whistle trained and would come hauling ass anytime I blew that whistle.

We usually hunted the weekend but I had a few days off during the week so up at 6am and off to the tidal flats we went. To our right was the Kasilof river and in front of us was the bay. To our left and behind us was woods.
Nice crispy morning, blue skies and Mandy and I are in the blind. I have myself a nice cup of coffee and I'm smoking a ciggy. I can see off in the distance a flock of ducks heading our way in from the bay.
All of a sudden my dog starts to growl which is very unusual for her. I poke her in the side and tell her to shut up and we keep watching the ducks. A few minutes pass by and now she stands up and has this badass growl going and the hair on her body is standing up. ......WTF?? Whacked her on the head and told her to shut up there were ducks flying in. She sits back down.
Ducks are now within 100 yards of the blind AND MY DOG BOLTS OUT OF THE BLIND AND STARTS BARKING??? wtf again ???? I started swearing like a drunk sailor. Alright, cover blown WTF is your malfunction dog??
Mandy starts to run towards the river......what the hell? Tide is out so the river is low what the hell you barking at?? A Salmon??? Just then I start to see this big ol brown hump.......what the hell is that? All I can see over this 5 ft tidal grass is this brown hump. Hmmmm, not a moose, not a caribou thats for sure..........I'm stumped.
Just then Mandy bolts toward the river at full pace. Must be a good 75 yards to the river from where we are. I'm blowing my whistle and she ignores me. Now I'm really pissed.......chasin a damn dog through all this tidal grass. I start walking towards the river when I finally get to see what this brown hump was.............a big ass grizzly!! OH SHIT!!!!!! I go to grab my pistol............mother fucker.....it's in the truck so all I have is a 12 gauge with bird shot..........I'm screwed.

I can see Mandy running around in circles around the bear and it's trying to grab her. Good lord. 2500 dollar lab down the drain plus my best friend. I blow the whistle some more. And she starts to finally run back............bad news is..............the bear is right behind her.
Awww shit I'm a good 30 yards from the tree line and my truck is 25 yards past that...........I start to haul ass through the tidal grass. I make it about 20 yards look back and I can see they have cut the distance in half...............I'm fucked.....I make it to the tree line and they are closing in............I start making my way up the hill and through the trees.................I finally make it to the top of the hill and I can hear branches braking and the bear huffing. I get to the very top and Mandy passes me!

Good thing my truck was at the top where I came up, jumped in my truck and I felt it move.......the bear headbutted my truck!!! I look for Mandy and I can see in my rear view mirror she is already headin out..............what a friend..........leaves me to deal with the bear..............start my truck and threw gravel all over the bear.

Stopped on the way out and picked up Mandy......she was one wore out pup. I had to lift her into the back of my truck. She couldn't even jump in. I got home whicj was about 10 minutes from where I hunt and called a few friends. We went out there with enough ammo and guns to fight a small war but no bear to be found. We did go down to the river and found tracks. Paw prints double the size of a dinner plate. Stopped at the blind where I had abandoned all my gear and it was torn to shreads. My thermos has holes in it all the way through. Still have that thermos to remind me.

That made my hair stand on end too! Great story A1. :thanks:

Now tell me about the changes you made for the next Duck Hunting trip. I know you changed some things, I sure would have! Maybe hell of a big rifle! :high-five:

wow man that story is nuts!. that bear wanted you guys REALLYYYY bad. Thats y he prob ripped ur shit up after in anger. Cuz your scent was on that stuff. so he shredded it. which is what he wanted to do to you. +reps on saving yourself and your beautiful lab! i have one too. so that story really caught my attention. mandy and cody should make beautiful pups. afraid cody is a gigantic pot head though lol GREAT STORY BROTHA! sorry to hear about the plants though. It seems they aren't too bad in your latest pics. good recovery there too man.

Happy growing! and hunting!

Now tell me about the changes you made for the next Duck Hunting trip. I know you changed some things, I sure would have! Maybe hell of a big rifle! :high-five:

I think he started wearing hanes and that pretty much solved the problem there

You are allowed to kill anything, anywhere, if you are about to be eaten. (self defense) LOL Great story, I've seen some bears in the wild, even with cubs, but always from a distance. Thats the way I like to keep it, I think you would agree with me on that one eh Alaskan1? Wow I would definitely have to go home to change my underpants after that little chase.:phew: Got any more stories like that one? Keep em green,:peace: out.

LOL well yeah I always made sure to carry my handgun after that but I also added sabbot slugs and double 00 buckshot in my bag.....ya know........just in case

wow man that story is nuts!. that bear wanted you guys REALLYYYY bad. Thats y he prob ripped ur shit up after in anger. Cuz your scent was on that stuff. so he shredded it. which is what he wanted to do to you. +reps on saving yourself and your beautiful lab! i have one too. so that story really caught my attention. mandy and cody should make beautiful pups. afraid cody is a gigantic pot head though lol GREAT STORY BROTHA! sorry to hear about the plants though. It seems they aren't too bad in your latest pics. good recovery there too man.

Happy growing! and hunting!

Yeah, that bear was pretty pissed off about something. Probably my damn dog annoying the crap outta it.

Yeah, I'm sure we lost a good amount of potential bud from the light falling but the plants have come back and are doing well. Tuesday will be day 21 so it will be a day of heavy defoliation

Too bad you didn't have state farm otherwise could have transported to there insurance office. Lol. Okay the story sounded funny only because you got back safe. But is it legal where you are to hunt and kill grizzlies?

Yep it's legal to kill a bear in defense of life or property.

Also if your hunting your allowed 1 every 5 years I think it is. Black bears in some areas your allowed 2 a year

You are allowed to kill anything, anywhere, if you are about to be eaten. (self defense) LOL Great story, I've seen some bears in the wild, even with cubs, but always from a distance. Thats the way I like to keep it, I think you would agree with me on that one eh Alaskan1? Wow I would definitely have to go home to change my underpants after that little chase.:phew: Got any more stories like that one? Keep em green,:peace: out.

Yeah your right smoke! Rather see them critters from a distance!
I actually have a few more stories that perhaps I will share.

Great story n nice grow goin there sir. Never seen a grizzly but watch black bears most of the summer an fall in my back yard. Couple times on the deck 2 feet away through the patio door. Never had a problem,just watch out for cubs and keep a good lookout early spring and late fall when they are the hungriest.:peace:

I've never really had any bear issues on my property but knew they were around as I would see scat once in awhile. I had more issues with owls and moose then anything else.

Back
Top Bottom