This is what Rider recommended for my 2x4 (FOOT) grow area (probably too big for Amy but just in case someone else would be interested):

"Digikey .com
SI-B8UZ91B20WW Samsung F-Series Gen3 100W FB24B double row led strip 3500K
3 x $48.07 = $144.21

Onlinecomponents .com
Mean Well HLG-320H-48A 320W LED driver
1 x $84.10 = $84.10

Figure about $50 in miscellaneous stuff to assemble. You'll end up with way more light and better coverage. This design is working with the de facto standard of 35W per square foot for leds. These components play really well together and return about 95% efficiency.

You'd need 12' of 1.5x1x0.125 Al u-channel, some thermal tape, a standard 15A male cord plug, and some wire and wire nuts to put it all together. No soldering required. There are lots of ways to make a single fixture. I chose to use all-thread just because it was easy."

Wow so just got back from a little vacation time with my daughter Lopin and man I'm really surprised I haven't gotten the email yet from teddy. I'm quite proud of my build and try to have my light damn near in every picture of my flower tent. Sorry I didn't realize I was breaking rules by posting some of my creative works. So I guess I need to go back thru all my stuff on lights, drip pan, and my auto watering system and delete everything? I just went thru or sponsors list and if you look they sell all things mentioned in a different form than I took but it's there.

This is what Rider recommended for my 2x4 (FOOT) grow area (probably too big for Amy but just in case someone else would be interested):

Digikey .com
SI-B8UZ91B20WW Samsung F-Series Gen3 100W FB24B double row led strip 3500K
3 x $48.07 = $144.21

Onlinecomponents .com
Mean Well HLG-320H-48A 320W LED driver
1 x $84.10 = $84.10

Figure about $50 in miscellaneous stuff to assemble. You'll end up with way more light and better coverage. This design is working with the de facto standard of 35W per square foot for leds. These components play really well together and return about 95% efficiency.

You'd need 12' of 1.5x1x0.125 Al u-channel, some thermal tape, a standard 15A male cord plug, and some wire and wire nuts to put it all together. No soldering required. There are lots of ways to make a single fixture. I chose to use all-thread just because it was easy.
You want more light than you need so you can run them at 60-75% and have the light you need without the heat generated with running them at 100%.

2 by 2 is feet not meters, right? Lol....

They claim 1 by 2 coverage for flower per pannel.

I'd try to cram all I could in there. 2 would be great! I'm not sure if you could fit 3, I'd have to double check the size specs. But I think the HLG-240H-C1750 runs 3 132s at full power.

I have a build that is 2 120s. I power them each with their own driver and I think they would kill it in your 2 x 2
I think Chris had problems running 3 132s with that driver. He went with the C2100 for his run of 3 boards and under drove them a bit.

I just quickly hooked 2 up just to see how bright they really are. My god. lol. I am heading out now to pick up some potentiometers because these things are just mental. I will need to ease the girls into them I think. I have only been running the HID lights at 50%, and 2 of these led boards seem to be as bright as that 1000w mh hid dimmed. So if I hook up all 4 boards I will have to start with them dimmed down I would say.

I still need to clean up the wiring to the drivers, but all 4 boards seem to be working well. I also need to pick up some more ratchet hangers because the boards kind of want to swing around when only hanging from one ratchet each.

G'day to you Bizz!

Unfortunately I dont believe the UK have access to some of the products. But not all is lost! There are other options. We can possibly do a custom build with Samsung strips. I'm not sure how electrically inclined you are, hint I'm not at all. But PGR is going that route and could be your white LED fix as well

Thanks dude - not rushing to replace my lights just yet, they need to pay for themselves first - but QBs looks the way to go in future. Gonna keep soaking up the cool info coming through here. Bookmarked the Rider tutorial.

@1stgrow2018 they look amazing! Those are from graytail???

That's what my buddy arctic bowl is running. Well and a 550 quad and some 320s....

I miss you @Arctic Bowl I know your struggling with the new changes. Better text him it's been a couple days now....

Thanks heaps everyone! That’s all super useful and I’ve copied to my data collection (on case I come back and it’s gone!)

Yes I was talking feet :thumb: (wouldn’t 2m x 2m be nice).

I think I can fit 2 boards ... time to break out the measuring tape :nomo:
I just measured my qb120s. You could fit 4 if inclined... and I probably would be! :rollit:

I just measured my qb120s. You could fit 4 if inclined... and I probably would be! :rollit:
That’s funny - I just measured the little grow box and decided I could fit 2 x 132

:passitleft: I’ll check out the 120s... hadn’t considered them before. Do they come at 3500 also? (You don’t have to answer that... I’m at the website right now.

:thanks:

@1stgrow2018 they look amazing! Those are from graytail???

That's what my buddy arctic bowl is running. Well and a 550 quad and some 320s....

I miss you @Arctic Bowl I know your struggling with the new changes. Better text him it's been a couple days now....

They are from China. Not sure What graytail is.

120s are 3000 - is that ok for flower? I’d thought I’d need 3500 ideally for flower. I’ll be going seed to harvest in one tiny space. :yummy:
@Pennywise and I both have the 3000k if your concerned go with 1 3000k and 1 4000k. 3000k will do okay in veg! The plants in about to flip were all Vegged under 1 3000k

I vegged mine with nothing but my 3000k qb120s and they did great. I'm doing this grow with them exclusively just to see what happens.
I’ll be watching your journal closely during flowering then! :thumb:

@Pennywise and I both have the 3000k if your concerned go with 1 3000k and 1 4000k. 3000k will do okay in veg! The plants in about to flip were all Vegged under 1 3000k
That’s a good thought ... oh more options! I thought I’d narrowed it down!!:rofl:
All part of the fun! :rollit:

Back
Top Bottom