Look's like I got some assembly to do. Parts arrived in good condition.

More to come.

I just quickly hooked 2 up just to see how bright they really are. My god. lol. I am heading out now to pick up some potentiometers because these things are just mental. I will need to ease the girls into them I think. I have only been running the HID lights at 50%, and 2 of these led boards seem to be as bright as that 1000w mh hid dimmed. So if I hook up all 4 boards I will have to start with them dimmed down I would say.

Thanks guys as some have you may have guessed the name change wasn't optional. But "kush-dabber blooms buds...." sounded pretty friggen dumb.

The only link I will ever post are ones like this....

240 Watt Quantum Board Grow Light Kit

This is our sponsor timber they carry cob lighting and quantum boards.

I think timber even offers a "pre assembly" for those who aren't inclined to wire their own, but I may be wrong.

I'll be back a little later.

:ganjamon::ganjamon::ganjamon:

Hi Dabber - seen you around a lot and finally got around to visiting one of your rooms! subbing up and pulling up a deck chair :popcorn:
Thankfully got here early enough that I only had 7 pages to catch up on...

I would suggest making the first leg of your purchase soon, because products are in stock. Checkout the 120s or 132s on Am@zon. I, being a stay at home dad, cannot afford to buy everything at once, but the boards themselves are what often fly off the shelves.

I will post a tutorial when the time comes for my build. YouTube has some great tutorials also. But do not be intimidated. Again the "build is very very easy. @GrowchyzGardenOfGreen has a tutorial in his journal and on his channel for assembly of the 320 kit (I think). But really I can help you through whatever questuons concerns comments you may have. And between Chris, derby, rider, penny, furci, growchy and myself (and any other experienced light builders) we will get you taken care of. Post here PM (conversation) whatever is clever. We're here to help. But the big key is getting some before they are outta stock!!!

Yes - this is what I’m aiming to do. I’m on a pension too so have to space out my ‘investments’ as well ;). I’ve been reading about QBs for a little while and had been leaning towards the 132 3500 ones - so I’m happy to stumble across this conversation and find out that’s a good choice. Problem right now is that the Zon only have them in sets of 4. I don’t need 4. My grow space is 2’x2’x6’. Can I fill that with light using just one (or maybe two)?

And...
What’s Growchys channel called?

Pressure's on, Them...not just me asking for tutorials this time ;).

:thumb: ^^^

Lets start this day with some micro slabbage....

Dab on and dab strong my 420 family

Oooh it looks so much like toffee ... I wonder what would happen if I just ate all of that ...:drool::rofl:

Can not showcase a non sponsor product. A how to on assembling over would certainly seem to be "showcasing".
yeah - I get that now... sorry you’re pulling your helpful content

I have a ton more pictures from my closet conversion that I was planning to do an actual write-up on once it's completed. But home Depot ain't a sponsor.
See that’s where I think it’s a problem. You’re not showcasing another tent manufacturer (except yourself) so I don’t see that as being a problem. ... I hope...

Pardon me Dabber, I know we’re not even through the preliminary introductions here yet... but...
Hey @Amy Gardner, on a completely different topic (but while you're here), your writing on the 6-day Sensitization Protocol journal was amazing, inspiring, and in many places, poetic. I wanted to let you know in public!
:cheer:

Shed... :hug:

:passitleft:

Pardon me Dabber, I know we’re not even through the preliminary introductions here yet... but...

Shed... :hug:

:passitleft:
Welcome in Amy!!! I apologize for the rants and expressed frustrations, as I'm sure you read in my intro, my threads are normally very relaxed friendly and enjoyable (I think so anyways). A place where we normally discuss grow methods, ideas and science.

But today, not so much. So my apologizes.

I'm thrilled to have you here, and appreciate all the hard work you have put in helping members to acclimate to the new site.

:thumb::thanks::circle-of-love::thanks::thumb:

Jeez are y'all gonna make me have to create another IG account? I'm running out of available email addresses ;).

I think you can link multiple to the same email. My you tube channel and IG use the same one.

And I always wondered how you had 420 in your thread title..... I guess they don't care about non sponsored seed banks nearly as much as lighting... oh well. If i have to bust out printer paper and my daughter's crayons, and draw the build instead of takong a picture, so be it!

I won't trade politics for information... ever. Knowledge is power and misinformation is always the the man's way to distort the truth.

I think I was so unknown that no one noticed (not like I'm well-known now though). They don't like seedbank links for sure. I linked to an article on the 420 website to help out in an unanswered thread and got the same email from Teddy.

I don't want my IG's linked, so I'll have to see if my kids left me with one random account I can use.

Go crayons! Post yours and your daughter's pics and we'll decide which side she got her artistic talent from :).

I think you can link multiple to the same email. My you tube channel and IG use the same one.
And I always wondered how you had 420 in your thread title..... I guess they don't care about non sponsored seed banks nearly as much as lighting... oh well. If i have to bust out printer paper and my daughter's crayons, so be it!

Howzit Dabber - It's taken two spliffs and mugs of tea to catch up on your journal (ah good times). :nomo:

Copied and pasted a lot of the QB conversations - was all a mystery to me but I think you guys have got me understanding the basics now. I searched "Quantum Board" in Zon.uk - no results - checked Zon.usa and loads of options including the ones you guys have been recommending. I suppose we're still a few years behind the US. I'll be looking into it further.

Won't be long before your bath-tub is overflowing again.

... I thought we could put the knowledge and power back into the growers hands and ease the strain on our pockets.
Exactly - we’re not all high-profile enough to secure the great sponsorships! I understand the need for the restrictions, sort of. But it is frustrating. I can’t afford what most of the sponsors sell.

Hey Dabber, maybe you could open a Convsersation for it - I wonder if that’s allowed. And include folks needing help...

Meanwhile - for a 2x2x6 grow box, how many QB132 3500 panels do y’all think I need? (Regardless of where I get them) Dynamo sent me a great parts list for his set up which I’m working my way through just learning about. But from what I’ve read here so far, I don’t need anything nearly that involved or extensive. Not needing a heat sink on the 132s is an awesome discovery!! :slide:

:Namaste:

Howzit Dabber - It's taken two spliffs and mugs of tea to catch up on your journal (ah good times). :nomo:

Copied and pasted a lot of the QB conversations - was all a mystery to me but I think you guys have got me understanding the basics now. I searched "Quantum Board" in Zon.uk - no results - checked Zon.usa and loads of options including the ones you guys have been recommending. I suppose we're still a few years behind the US. I'll be looking into it further.

Won't be long before your bath-tub is overflowing again.

G'day to you Bizz!

Unfortunately I dont believe the UK have access to some of the products. But not all is lost! There are other options. We can possibly do a custom build with Samsung strips. I'm not sure how electrically inclined you are, hint I'm not at all. But PGR is going that route and could be your white LED fix as well

:high-five:

G'day to you Bizz!

Unfortunately I dont believe the UK have access to some of the products. But not all is lost! There are other options. We can possibly do a custom build with Samsung strips. I'm not sure how electrically inclined you are, hint I'm not at all. But PGR is going that route and could be your white LED fix as well

:high-five:

If any of you ever need electrical help, I'm here. I'm a trained electrical technician, and I owned a PCB assembly business for about 3 years. Take pictures, I'll tell you how to wire it.

:thanks::thanks::thanks:
If any of you ever need electrical help, I'm here. I'm a trained electrical technician, and I owned a PCB assembly business for about 3 years. Take pictures, I'll tell you how to wire it.

Exactly - we’re not all high-profile enough to secure the great sponsorships! I understand the need for the restrictions, sort of. But it is frustrating. I can’t afford what most of the sponsors sell.

Hey Dabber, maybe you could open a Convsersation for it - I wonder if that’s allowed. And include folks needing help...

Meanwhile - for a 2x2x6 grow box, how many QB132 3500 panels do y’all think I need? (Regardless of where I get them) Dynamo sent me a great parts list for his set up which I’m working my way through just learning about. But from what I’ve read here so far, I don’t need anything nearly that involved or extensive. Not needing a heat sink on the 132s is an awesome discovery!! :slide:

:Namaste:

2 by 2 is feet not meters, right? Lol....

They claim 1 by 2 coverage for flower per pannel.

I'd try to cram all I could in there. 2 would be great! I'm not sure if you could fit 3, I'd have to double check the size specs. But I think the HLG-240H-C1750 runs 3 132s at full power.

I have a build that is 2 120s. I power them each with their own driver and I think they would kill it in your 2 x 2

Back
Top Bottom