I definitely know that squirrels and doves are no big deal when it comes to critter reports! The thing about lemon on the skin I found online looking up soap-making yesterday.

It did sound familiar when I read it because it reminded me of a Diagnosis article in the Failing NY Times I read last year about a woman who got a rash they finally attributed to lime juice!

And I was talking about the poppies....

I should quote you more!

saw a dove and a squirrel this morning and now I'm damn glad I did not take pics and post them!
:rofl: I’d love to see a squirrel tho! :D We don’t have those here
and I read that certain essential oils are not suposed to be left on the skin. Lemon was on the list of phototoxic ones (ones that become toxic when exposed to direct sunlight).
:thanks:
reminded me of a Diagnosis article in the Failing NY Times I read last year about a woman who got a rash they finally attributed to lime juice!
Well it wouldn’t surprise me if Citral was the specific catalyst actually. It’s in most citrus at varying levels - and has the documented allergy potential. I haven’t looked into it much further - it was in my studies this week (covering terpenes). You know how it is - learn a new thing, see it everywhere for a while :)

been holding back Amy, you got some real stunners in that group!
:high-five: Candida hasn’t had a good photo feature for a while so that was yesterday morning. In the morning light with the flash going of automatically, everything’s sparkles and shines, and the burnt leaves are less harsh to look at.

I am really looking forward to growing another one of these actually. It’s a very beautiful and delicate chemovar. I think outside it needs a full green house or hoop house set up to be properly cared for. And I might need to be in a different location, a bit further north. It flowers late and that just pushes the finish too late for my comfort. At least in this spot.

Great t-shirt, nice fan order, and excellent experiment! I hope you bounced back quickly from it.
What Shed said, sorry you werent feeling 100%
I tried promix and osmocote+ before going to the kit and while it was simple it produce dthe worst product I have grown. It was not very successful for me.
Ahh bummer Yeti! Ive tried it in FFOF and Mother Earth and they both have worked for me so far. I also steered my best friend through a grow with it. It was so simple, he didnt have to ph water, mix nutes, worry about EC, etc. It allowed him to have some success with minimal inputs on his end.
Cheers Yeti! :passitleft:
Both Archi and I were moved to try it after researching Doc’s R&D threads. I didnt use FF either so that sounds like a big part of it :thumb: No brainer to me now really that the substrate would be an integral part of what Doc was working with - but it certainly didn’t occur to me at the time.
I was definitely intrigued by the simplicity. To be honest Im kinda curious how well I could do in just OC+.... maybe one day Ill experiment again with it.
Well I think I'll skip it then, but when someone asks me the simplest way to get into growing I'll mention that combination. Good to know!
Shed, I say hey man if you got a plant that you can afford to experiment on, give it a shot for yourself. Topdress one of your mother plants or something, you wont have to feed it for six months according to the literature.
:rofl: I’d love to see a squirrel tho! :D We don’t have those here
You dont have squirrels? Theyre everywhere here...they eat okay too :)

Shed, I say hey man if you got a plant that you can afford to experiment on, give it a shot for yourself. Topdress one of your mother plants or something, you wont have to feed it for six months according to the literature.
I want the Lemon Potion auto to have a good run as a 2:1 CBD:THC strain, so it would have to be something this fall. With Yeti not having a lot of luck in ProMix nor Amy in her soil, it makes me more wary. Hit or miss doesn't breed confidence!

I dont think it’d be hit or miss in the FF - or something very close to its composition. I dont remember what my soil was but it was just some generic potting soil from the nursery. But I can understand not wanting to try it especially with a carefully and strategically chosen line-up. I’d like to try it again and do it “more properly” - but can’t see when.

Sorry, I meant hit or miss based on the soil choices. I would think that AW's experience in FFOF is repeatable.
Yeah no worries Shed. I have some ideas about going forward with the OC+ grows. I think it could be a very helpful way to get new growers feet wet and not have to stress too much. :high-five:

Hey Amy, I know a woman that would always break out in hives whenever she trimmed. If she touched her eyes without washing her hands her eyes would get wicked puffy. She still smoked like a chimney and would eat edibles without issue. There was just something about trimming that caused the reaction. As far as I recall it was not strain specific. Anything her and her husband grew would cause this to happen.

Back
Top Bottom