I just dumping this here so i remember - or, rather, because i’ll Prob’ly forget :laughtwo:

I have the chemovar “Lilly” by Delicatessen seeds on watch at Seedsman - it’s currently sold out everywhere. It would be a great one to run outside here so if anyone sees it avail, pls let me know.

ANyway - neikodog put me on to this other chemovar that might go well outside here, made by Green Mountain Seeds and sold through Ace Seeds: Purple Satellite

This one sounds lovely, too.
Especially recommended for outdoor growing in cold and wet northern climates.
Outdoors we recommend to start her from seed as soon as early April. Pinch and keep up potted.
If kept in pots 30 liter pots work great. But can be kept in smaller pots or planted right into the soil.

It starts the flowering in July, on the 42nd north latitude at almost 15 hours light hours, finishing in September.

We recommend moderate levels of nutrients for the growing stage. Heavy organic feeder during flowering.

I’m particularly drawn in by what they say there about the start of flower - that it happens quickly. That what i need!

It’s the exact issue we had (in the reverse) with the Candida this year and why i’m still waiting on it to finish. It’s a super late starter. Lesson learned on that one - it gets grown indoors.

It’s actually really nice to see that particular feature mentioned in the description and I will maybe write a note to MMG suggesting they put that the Candida CD-1 can be slow to start.

There’s no way I can afford the Purple Satellite pack tho’. I actually rely almost completely on my photo skills to keep me in seeds ;). It’s not the reason I enter, I enter becasue I love the monthly photo share :high-five:, it’s just become my main access to seeds (apart from the generosity of 420 friends :)).

If anyone wants to go halvsies in a pack of Purple Satellite... i may be able to manage that.

:thanks: I’m pretty small so that helps!

I actually haven’t done any more trimming since so it’s all still waiting for me. Dry trim it is. Starting today, after I do a bit of study (i’m a bit behind :eek:) and then, hopefully, it’ll be straight into the paper bags for the next stage.

Photo Dump! Candida CD-1

I know, I’m studying today. But I took these earlier to check on the trichomes and to practice a bit with my camera in full manual mode, using tripod (auto focus tho - I’m not a masochist;)). They came out so well I decided they deserve to be shared with the world! And y’all deserve to see them :ganjamon:

And just because - i’ve been getting tips from @Cola Monster over in the 420 Fotographer thread and i got right up in this bee’s face with sport mode on the camera. I love how it’s getting it’s head right down into the flower :love: Dig in little buddy!

View media item 1672427
:Namaste:

I’ll be off now, to finish the module on terpenes, and then cover the module on delivery methods...

:lot-o-toke::hookah::volcano-smiley::bongrip::rollit::yummy::ganjamon::roorrip::passitleft::Rasta::blunt::cough::smokin:

Photo Dump! Candida CD-1

I know, I’m studying today. But I took these earlier to check on the trichomes and to practice a bit with my camera in full manual mode, using tripod (auto focus tho - I’m not a masochist;)). They came out so well I decided they deserve to be shared with the world! And y’all deserve to see them :ganjamon:

And just because - i’ve been getting tips from @Cola Monster over in the 420 Fotographer thread and i got right up in this bee’s face with sport mode on the camera. I love how it’s getting it’s head right down into the flower :love: Dig in little buddy!

View media item 1672427

I’ll be off now, to finish the module on terpenes, and then cover the module on delivery methods...

:lot-o-toke::hookah::volcano-smiley::bongrip::rollit::yummy::ganjamon::roorrip::passitleft::Rasta::blunt::cough::smokin:
That Candida is STUNNING!
:thumb:

Great camera work Amy!
:bravo:

I'm about to drop a holy punch and a mama mia for my outdoor grow. Water only LOS is new too. Another exciting summer my way. Hope you and Lovely are well today after your busy harvest.

It warmed my heart to hear you’re playing with LOS. I predict a satisfied grower at harvest. :thumb:

BUt anyway - if you havent heard of it before and have regular seeds - the ones that have a clear volcano top like structure are apparently the most likely females - like this

ABF183ED-0539-4909-85FC-082A6E30FB0A.jpeg

I take so much smack about being able to sex the seeds. :laughtwo: I’m spot on just about every time, but they hate to accept that it’s even possible to beat the odds. Lol!

It’s simple for me, if it screams “Female!” It is. If I have to think about it, it goes into the pile of male seeds.

:hug: I started a few Nice Devil/Devils Carnival cross seeds today, They were harvested last week off one branch of Gray's Devil Carnival F3 pollinated by my Nice Devil male. :meditate:

I can’t tell you how excited I am to see these plants up close and personal. :yahoo:

Congrats AG harvest looks bountiful!
What type of formula are you using to determine estimated dry weight? I think what I reported in my journal is way off.

If I’m drying low and slo I figure 1/4 the weight going into the bags, and they usually weigh in almost exactly at 25% of wet weight.

If I’m hanging to dry I’ll lose 5% more and they weigh in closer to 20% of wet weight.

That’s played out fairly consistently over four years. Of course it doesn’t make sense. It just is. :laughtwo:

I just went back to my Peyote Critical and the final weight was 21% of harvest weight which included stems and fans but before washing. My Sour G final weight was 14% :eek:.

Was that 14% at 62-65% RH? Occasionally I overdry. :laughtwo:

That's the best way to spur the illegal market!

The entire medical and recreational cannabis market is set up in a way to spur the black market into unprecedented profits. Greedy legislators with short-sighted visions of sugar plums. The opportunity will always remain to make the system more user friendly.

Thank you for the special delivery mail drop Amy. :hug::love::hug:

I’m looking forward to the 4/20 harvest of that lovely Candida. Great job on the yields. Did you meet your expectations , and will it be sufficient to get you through to the next harvest? I know the outdoor grows help take the pressure off.

I love the flow of your harvest pictures. We have so many members that get intimidated by the words that it makes me smile in appreciation every time I see posts that are a story told in pictures. :welldone:

Hello everyone. :ciao: The atmosphere over here in your yard is about as warm and inviting as it can be. It always feels like home. :battingeyelashes::green_heart:

Yes ma'am. So many leaves!

That would explain it. I had an early CBD plant that was like that. I used every bit of it in oil, leaves and all. :cheesygrinsmiley: It was when I realized I could be lazy in trimming if oil was my goal. For the longest time I only removed fans and tossed everything else into the pot. :laughtwo:

Let me know what they say about navels!
:D Absolutely nothing!
@Amy Gardner what lenses are you using for those beautiful macro shots?
Thankyou Reave :) I’m very glad to have you along and enjoying it. Most of my ‘fancy’ plant portraits I’m using a macro lens (Nikon AF-S DX Micro Nikkor 40 mm f/2.8G.).

The really tight in ones are just zoomed in frames of the wider framed shots. The resolution is so good you can get right in there once the image is on screen. These recent ones were with a tripod too, using longer exposures with tighter apertures to get better focal depth (depth of field).

That Candida is STUNNING!
:thumb:

Great camera work Amy!
:bravo:
:thanks: :rollit:
If I have to think about it, it goes into the pile of male seeds.
:thumb: I haven’t had to do it for a while. I have about an 80% success rate with it. The feminised seeds I’ve been growing all have it :)
The atmosphere over here in your yard is about as warm and inviting as it can be. It always feels like home. :battingeyelashes::green_heart:
:hug: always a pleasure and a delight to have you visit dear lady, my friend.
:passitleft:
Happy days. Congrats on the harvest. Looks like she is a goodie.
Thanks rugged man :D

Yep it’s oretty good. I trimmed a couple of branches today. Still not fully dry so soft and fluffy. Was ok to trim actually.

I took a few phone snaps of the first trim
5C435F09-5D22-4FCF-AE24-47104627EB18.jpeg

625F1CCF-EA67-4CC9-A035-0F4F6264BE21.jpeg

The tip of the cola.

54FB1A60-9E6E-4297-A26B-C99100C61A07.jpeg

Still fluffy now and will cure down into nice solid nugs I can tell. Definitely the chunkiest I’ve ever grown.

And the myrcene is off the charts, nose wise - even now at the slightly ‘grassy’ stage of drying. The mango is very very strong and there is quite a metallic edge to it (all myrcene), maybe a slightly burnt rubber edge in there somewhere too. Definitely still some pine and lime but they’re a bit muted right now. Smells great! :slide:

I managed to trim 2 branches today :high-five:

Hopefully I’ll get through 4 tomorrow.

I enjoyed the little bit of the scissor hash that gave me and had a happy buzz from it for much of the afternoon. Chilling with Blue Dream this evening and settling down for sleep now. I’m like a plant these days. I sleep when it gets dark and wake before the sun comes up. :Namaste:

It’s simple for me, if it screams “Female!” It is. If I have to think about it, it goes into the pile of male seeds.
One of my friends swears they can tell by the seed. I said no way! But he believes it and I really don’t know. Neat to see someone else thinks this too.

@Amy Gardner my wife has a cannon 7D so I think resolution should be good. The tele Lena’s with the macro setting only goes to 6.8. Can get lower with the portrait 50mm I think it is but I’m still having issues with getting the trichromes on the calyx in focus. I will see which cannon lens matches yours. Thanks for the info. Keep up the great shots. That photo you entered in photo of the month was just beautiful. Looks like someone is pooping liquid. So cool!

Back
Top Bottom