Away's Second Grow - DIY - Mars II TopLED 400W (80x5W) - 2015

a bit late to get subbed on this one I will try to get up to speed ASAP, I like LED based grows and watching how LED lighting tech develops.

Welcome to my grow man, better late than never :)

That LST looks perfect dude. I am going to have to start making sure my canopy is more even, I am growing under a Mars 700 and have noticed the penetration isn't very far.... My top nugs have been rock hard but my lower growth has been much airier.

Yeah thats what i've noticed as well. Its like only the top nugs really gain any actual weight, the lower stuff just turns out fluffy. it still works tho. But its a shame considering what you can get if you tie her down, to get that even canopy i think ^^

I can easily say now that she has doubled in size since the last pictures. You guys are in for another LST adventure haha :) I can barely keep up already xD
I havent even fed her once yet, the only food she has gotten is the slightly fertilised soil she got transplanted to. She is responding insanely good from the transplant though + switching to LED. You can really see her growing now.

Sunday i am celebrating my 3 years with the mrs's so im going away for the weekend. So no pictures this round, but i'll get some when i come home so you guys can follow along ;)

Enjoy this amazing month you guys, i sure do.. No matter what problems you may have, the way nature is changing right now is magical. So enjoy it guys :)

Here's some pictures of the Skywalker Kush as she stands today ^^

FullSizeRender_1_11.jpg
FullSizeRender_3_9.jpg
FullSizeRender_2_15.jpg

Still havent fed her yet, she's only living off the soil at this point... next watering im kicking in with the nutes and a round of cal/mag as well.

Okay so yesterday i did a defoliation pretty majorly... probably will only do it once more when she's gone into flowering, in order to create the "lollipop"...
Anyway hopefully the extra light penetration will create more budsites for us ;)

So after getting about 20 hours to close her wounds from the defoliation, i gave her the first feeding (just a slight one)... I gave her 1mL Bio-Grow and a gram of cal/mag to a liter of water.... snapped some pictures about 30 minutes after so check it out guys ;)

FullSizeRender_4_7.jpg
FullSizeRender_3_10.jpg
FullSizeRender_1_12.jpg
FullSizeRender_2_16.jpg

congrats on the harvests man :thumb: looks shiny and tastie :)

Appreciate it :) There should have been alot more though!

Okay so i have a question...
What would you guys all recommend - DIY Building a bigger grow room or buying a tent?

I mean, i might not live here in another year, so it's gotta be something i can take down and possibly put back up, or atleast replace cheaply wherever i might move to.
My idea is about 6-10 plants space. I'm so tired of having so little space, so yeah i've decided to cut down my smoking and spend the money on building/buying a bigger room. So all suggestions/ideas are very very welcomed guys ;)

If i decide to build it myself, i'm going to have a friend help me out do it right. Im no carpenter ;)

To be honest man if ur in a country were its legal then get urself a nice room setup were u have space and more air space etc.
its hard to tell realy legel or not. Just depeds on how long ull continue growing (hopefully till were planted in the ground lol) and how much ur gonna grow. The hight of the box/ tent will depent on the light and strains Auto/Sativa/Indicas, so keep that in mind if ur diy-ing it:)
Iv built all my grow boxes.. not the best but the right size i want it and u can add smaller rooms for Veg/ different lighting in the long run if u have the materials :Namaste:

Right i only read the second half of the post there, I get to excited and distracted sometimes haha. Anyway sounds like a good size tent would do u well since u can take them down and flat pack them again with half the weight of timber :D or u could do a small 5 plant timber one now and get a new big tent and a new LED together of MarsHydros package deals for the new house :) just a thought man :peace:

Right i only read the second half of the post there, I get to excited and distracted sometimes haha. Anyway sounds like a good size tent would do u well since u can take them down and flat pack them again with half the weight of timber :D or u could do a small 5 plant timber one now and get a new big tent and a new LED together of MarsHydros package deals for the new house :) just a thought man :peace:

My own supplier also built all his boxes himself. But he says the same as you - for my situation a nice quality tent would probably be best .. He helped me check some out, and look and new ventilation etc. So yeah it's happening!

Bear in mind that even if i completely cut out smoking, i would still have to pay for tent/ventilation/Circulation etc over two months at least. I practically dont make any money so.. Figured i'll buy the exhaust and inward vent's first and possibly a couple of circulation fans. The ventilation i checked out is on sale with 34% off so yeah.. Then i can get the tent in round two.
That also leaves me more time to check out tents first.. :)

Back
Top Bottom