Cannafan's Adventures With Pollinating Master Kush X White Widow

You have some clones, I recall, just sitting in willow water. Begonias? Running the bubbler is what caused the bacteria to grow probably. I expect the standing willow water is not going to multiply the 'lil buggers.

You have some clones, I recall, just sitting in willow water. Begonias? Running the bubbler is what caused the bacteria to grow probably. I expect the standing willow water is not going to multiply the 'lil buggers.

Yepper, I have some begonias and one clone from a male plant I'm testing in a cup of willow water. That water is fine.

Well, this willow water and bubble cloner went haywire.
I went to check on the clones and when I pulled one out, there was a black sludge covering the stem. I opened up the bubble cloner and here's what I got:

Clone_Sludge_1.jpg

Clone_Sludge_2.jpg

I mixed Ph'd water with the willow water to get enough to fill the cloner. I haven't a clue what this black sludge is. Anybody have an idea?

I cleaned out the cloner and put fresh PH'd water in it. No willow water. Then I cleaned off the stems and recut the ends hoping for the best.

yeck :blalol:

So Princess DIY, you think the willow water was a big factor? I'd hate to have brought home some trouble makers.

ohh that's nasty. what color was it when you brewed it? a urine in water kinda color?

So Princess DIY, you think the willow water was a big factor? I'd hate to have brought home some trouble makers.
I don't think it was the willow water exactly. There may have been something in the water I used with it. It was rainwater.
I'll be watching yours to see what it does, you don't use a bubble cloner right?

:welcome:

ohh that's nasty. what color was it when you brewed it? a urine in water kinda color?

It was kind of a very light coffee color. I'm going to try some more over the weekend, I have to get back to my folks house to get the branches.

so is the one in the cup rooting yet?
Hi Chronic, nothing yet on the ones in the plain willow water.

Two of my plants have started a claw going, more toward the tops. I'm going to move the lights up a bit, it didn't feel too hot on my hand...but just in case the heat is causing it.
These are freshly transplanted, can transplanting cause a clawing on the leaves at first?

Yes :) that is minor shock , if it does not perk up in a couple hours after it might stall to make up for slightly damaged roots.

I read that we soak cuttings in willow water for 12 hours then we plant them like we normally plant clones? How long did you soak them for? Also I read that we can also use the water to feed the cuttings that are planted as a boost. I never tried this before so it is very intriguing to me , you are the pioneer to me lol

Yes :) that is minor shock , if it does not perk up in a couple hours after it might stall to make up for slightly damaged roots.

I read that we soak cuttings in willow water for 12 hours then we plant them like we normally plant clones? How long did you soak them for? Also I read that we can also use the water to feed the cuttings that are planted as a boost. I never tried this before so it is very intriguing to me , you are the pioneer to me lol

Hi Wildrosebud,
I was going to just leave them in the willow water until roots started. The problem with the bubble cloner was the bacteria somehow go in there.
I hadn't really thought of soaking and then putting into soil. I may try that too. I have plenty of clones I can try this out on. I'll keep ya posted.

:thumb:

Hi Wildrosebud,
I was going to just leave them in the willow water until roots started. The problem with the bubble cloner was the bacteria somehow go in there.
I hadn't really thought of soaking and then putting into soil. I may try that too. I have plenty of clones I can try this out on. I'll keep ya posted.

:thumb:

ohhhh I am excited! This Willow water thing has my head spinning with DIY ideas.... So do your posts/threads hahaha

I wonder if Peejay is right? I mean I notice clones like stagnant water in the res when I plant them in starter cubes but when I use to do lighter water I had a tough time getting roots :( That was using rooting gel though. Peejay you got another tid bit to share with us? :D

I don't think it was the willow water exactly. There may have been something in the water I used with it. It was rainwater.
I'll be watching yours to see what it does, you don't use a bubble cloner right?
Nope. I plan on using my Willow Water on one of the next seedlings that sprout. If it has positive results I'll use it on all of them.

Back
Top Bottom