Cardboard Flowerbox Test 3 - 41 Week Perpetual SOG

re: Cardboard Flowerbox Test 3 - 41 Week Perpetual SOG

you will have to test how late you can pollinate and still get viable seeds.

ive bought bags of bud FULL of seeds before and just picked out the seeds and still got mashed on the bud. if you can perfect smokable seeded buds then you can greatly increase your seed factory, produce many more seeds to use as trait breeders and speed up reaching stability and still not goin short of bud =)

i find it easy to selectively pick a branch on a plant and pollinate it with a q-tip covered in pollen, if your careful and mist well with water after 3-4 hours before returning her to the room , i have not noticed any weakening of potency or unwanted seed in the rest of the plant ,to be sure the seeds are viable i'll leave that branch as long as it takes, i will wait till i can hear the seeds rattle in the pod:thumb:

thats a nice plant on the page before this mate, reps coming your way if it lets me,

you know the plant with the seeds, how do you know when the seeds are ready to harvest, do you just leave it till their falling out or do you sample a couple of seed pods and check how the seeds look, plus do they still develop after its been harvested,
im only asking as i got 2 plants that ive just crossed and wondered how long i leave it, the longer the better, but i only put pollen on a couple of bud sites so i can harvest the rest of the plant as normal, i crossed an auto with a none auto male so not sure if the seeds will be auto or not, but im planning on growing the seeds and crossing the best male and female and hopefully get it more stable, thats my plant anyways.

cant reps you mate, i got to spread some love first

bid u just answered my question, so its best to leave the seeds till their rattling around, i also only put pollen on selected buds and when i harvested the sour kush i only got seeds in the buds that i put pollen on, the rest of the plant is seed free, but both lots of bud look exactly the same even though the seeded buds was on the plant an extra 3 weeks or so, so ill be sampling the seeded bud and see how it smokes, but to look at the only difference is the swollen seed pods, plus now the buds are drying the seed pods are starting to split so i think in nature they must stay on the plant till its ready and then fall out, or the buds fall off and then they start growing like that using the buds as a sort of grow medium till the seeds are rooted in the ground

thanks for the info mate, so the auto cross seed wont all be autos, so if i got a male and female that was auto and crossed these with each other then would this keep the auto trait, so say i got a fem that was auto and a male that was auto and if i crossed these would this then make it an auto strain, or would it still be hit and miss, all i can do is give it a try, thanks for the info mate, ill reps you if it lets me,

if you cross 2 auto strains yes the offspring should be all autos, depending on how well the breeder did their job, to make an auto strain out of a cross involving an auto and a regular you cross them then keep crossing the ones that show auto trait, dont cross the ones that dont show auto, do this 5-6 times you should have nearly 100% auto i think its 98.70% at the 5th crossing, the reason for this is the autoflowering trait is recessive when they are crossed with regular strains

thanks mate, so ill cross any that turn out auto with each other then the none auto i can just flower off or use for selective breeding depending on the traits they show during growth,

thanks for this info mate it explains a lot and helps me make the best choice on what i do next

you will have to test how late you can pollinate and still get viable seeds.

ive bought bags of bud FULL of seeds before and just picked out the seeds and still got mashed on the bud. if you can perfect smokable seeded buds then you can greatly increase your seed factory, produce many more seeds to use as trait breeders and speed up reaching stability and still not goin short of bud =)

I pollinate 2 weeks into flower. This way they have planty of time to fully and completely mature. When the pods start to open, I know they're done. I REALLY know when they're done when I see the tiger stripes.

I pollinate 2 weeks into flower. This way they have planty of time to fully and completely mature. When the pods start to open, I know they're done. I REALLY know when they're done when I see the tiger stripes.

I believe Subcool recommends 21-28 days as far as best time to pollinate. I did 21 using the q-tip method, and it worked perfect. I'm sure 14 days works great, too - just wanted to share that tidbit I picked up when I was making seeds. Seeds take roughly 35 days to fully mature (5 weeks). So 21-28 days equates to 8-9 weeks when you add the maturation time to it. Then they are ready right at harvest. I only had a couple seeds not fully developed out of a total of probably 50-60 (one bud per plant, 3 plants). It's amazing how many seeds can fit in one tiny bud!!

Cardboard Blue
Cardboard Prup
Purple days
Purple Nights
Purp in the Headlights
Purple Fields Forever
Purple Mistake
Purple Hell
Fluffy Purps from Hell
Try at your own risk
Purple Pecker
J's purple Mistake
Purple Risk
Just Good Shit
Oh! My God!
You Won't Recover
Sticky Purp
Beware
Simply Good
Opps
Purple OMM....you really should consider this one
Icky
Vitamin Purple
You won't be Sorry
Purple Head
Purple Smoothie
Don't Try This
Purple Ass Kicker
Physic Purple
Head Slap
What's up Purp
Purple Jam

flying purple people eater

Hey Jandre-- how can you tell if you've successfully pollinated? any signs? pistils change color and retract?

Some strains you can tell in 15min, others take almost an hour. The pistils turn quite quickly. Most of the strains that I've personally seen turn in under 1/2 hour.

Cardboard Blue
Cardboard Purp
Purple days
Purple Nights
Purp in the Headlights
Purple Fields Forever
Purple Mistake
Purple Hell
Fluffy Purps from Hell
Try at your own risk
Purple Pecker
J's purple Mistake
Purple Risk
Just Good Shit
Oh! My God!
You Won't Recover
Sticky Purp
Beware
Simply Good
Opps
Icky
Vitamin Purple
You won't be Sorry
Purple Head
Purple Smoothie
Don't Try This
Purple Ass Kicker
Physic Purple
Head Slap
What's up Purp
Purple Jam

:thumb:
Cardboard Purp
Purple Nights
j's Purple (Surprise)
Sticky Purp
Oops
Vitamin Purple
Purple Head
Purple Jam
:high-five:

flying purple people eater

Hey Jandre-- how can you tell if you've successfully pollinated? any signs? pistils change color and retract?

Some strains you can tell in 15min, others take almost an hour. The pistils turn quite quickly. Most of the strains that I've personally seen turn in under 1/2 hour.

Plus, in as little as a week the calyx's start to look plump and pregnant. With selective pollination, it starts to look noticeably different then the others. It's starts to be noticeable sooner than a week, but at about one week, you can't miss it. At least, that was my experience. As Jandre mentioned, the pistils wither up pretty much right away.

Hehehe, this is fun!

Porcujuana I like it but it either sounds like what i ask my wife what she wants for dinner.
or what I want to do at 3:30am

Back
Top Bottom