Was just about to send seagro but here is nitrosol
80 20 58.
Happy weekend vibes
Thank you homiegrowmie! So is that the one I must get, Nitrosol?

Friday Flower Day

Greetings friends,

Today I am focusing on flowers!

First up is the Gelato auto 2, on day 52 above ground, flower day 1!

Next up is the Gelato auto 1, on day 68, flower day 28. This plant is in need of nutrients. It is possibly root bound in living organic soil. I am supplementing with Seagro, Environoc 401 (microbes), Molasses and Cape Seaweed (kelp) over a layer of EWC, yet the leaves are pale and yellowing. I'm not sure what to make of the flowers. The pistils are turning brown already but the buds are still small. I wonder if this is premature, and if it is what is causing it. What do you think?

And last but not least is the Parmesan which is starting to look pretty in flower. This plant is 68 days above ground and 13 days in flower. I am doing my best to feed this plant, which has shown calcium deficiency and a tendency to droop, likely a result of earlier SWICK watering.

Thanks for looking in and have a happy weekend!

I'm not seeing any numbers in the links but I was hoping more for dissolvable powder for watering. 90-20-90 is awfully high for a container plant.

I'll dig around too.
Those are grams per kilogram, so it's actually 9-2-9 as a percentage.

I'm not too sure what you are lacking in your soil. I use nitrosol occasionally through the whole grow. I try get everything into the soil but every now and then I add some to top up and feed them microbes. Other than one or two feedings in the 9 months, it's just water.
It's kak strong though. I've also had luck a few years ago with orchid nutes. Just not organic so I binned the soil from that grow.

I'm not too sure what you are lacking in your soil. I use nitrosol occasionally through the whole grow. I try get everything into the soil but every now and then I add some to top up and feed them microbes. Other than one or two feedings in the 9 months, it's just water.
It's kak strong though. I've also had luck a few years ago with orchid nutes. Just not organic so I binned the soil from that grow.
I think the plant is root bound. If I push my fingers into the cloth there is resistance and a crunching sound all the way to about an inch or two from the very top. I feel that if the plant had access to more nutritious soil there would be an improvement. However, I am reluctant to transplant at this stage of flower. I really need guidance here. I can't decide this as I have never tried it before and I am scared to do a wrong thing. I am already supplementing as detailed here:
I am supplementing with Seagro, Environoc 401 (microbes), Molasses and Cape Seaweed (kelp) over a layer of EWC, yet the leaves are pale and yellowing. I'm not sure what to make of the flowers. The pistils are turning brown already but the buds are still small. I wonder if this is premature, and if it is what is causing it. What do you think?
What do you think about the up-pot vs increasing nutes?

Those are grams per kilogram, so it's actually 9-2-9 as a percentage.
Thank you for figuring that out, Mel! This nute pack is also a slow release, so not suitable for this application either.

Hi Carmen I have had great success with the Elm Dirt products. That’s really all I am adding to my dirt. I am using the bloom juice now and I swear they grow an inch everytime I use it lol. And my pots are solid roots too. I use a chop stick to poke holes all around the pot before I top water.

IMG_7033.jpeg

It's in fabric bag hey? If yes, can you not use a bigger diameter pot and just plant the whole plant and pot into a new pot? Don't know If that makes sense. Figure the roots will grow through the pot it's currently in and into the soil of the new pot.
I'm not sure how much root it will be growing this late in the game..

Hi Carmen I have had great success with the Elm Dirt products. That’s really all I am adding to my dirt. I am using the bloom juice now and I swear they grow an inch everytime I use it lol. And my pots are solid roots too. I use a chop stick to poke holes all around the pot before I top water.

IMG_7033.jpeg
Thank you PerkPot. Although I haven't seen the Elm Dirt products here. I'll Google them and see what's in them. We may have a locally manufactured fertilizer that has a similar composition.

It's in fabric bag hey? If yes, can you not use a bigger diameter pot and just plant the whole plant and pot into a new pot? Don't know If that makes sense. Figure the roots will grow through the pot it's currently in and into the soil of the new pot.
I'm not sure how much root it will be growing this late in the game..
I also thought this would likely work. Ok, so I've done it. I put about ten liters of mushroom compost, mixed with earth worm compost and about 1 liter of Elemental Blend. I wet it thoroughly and placed the plant in it's bag, on top of the wet mix. I think that is going to act like a nute charged SWICK now and supply the needed nutes. I hope we're right LR :)

Elemental Blend contains:

Alfalfa meal, Aloe meal, Basalt Rock Dust, Bio-Char (inoculated with Cannabis Microbial Consortium), Canna-Kashi, Calcitic Lime, Diatomaceous Earth, Dolomite Lime, Fulvic Acid, Frass, Guano (seabird), Gypsum, Humic Acid, Kelp Meal, Malted Barley, Manganese Oxide, Montmorillonite Clay, Soft Rock Phosphate & Zeolite.

Does the seagrow have an npk listed somewhere? It's hard to read that curve on my phone. Maybe Mel can put that into an npk for me?

I would still feed them even with the upcan. You're now waiting for the new roots to grow through the pot and into the new mix, and it still doesn't feed the existing roots in the main pot.
Hello! Thank you for checking in. I made the medium super soggy with the pot nestled right into that medium. I think that the water roots at the bottom of the pot will quickly slurp up what moisture they can from the cloth of the pot and a wicking process will take place, That's what I'm hoping anyway. I was planning to continue to feed but I still need to see if the Seagro is adequate as a fertilizer... I googled and found that it is 53:7:17! What does that mean for me?

What's the recommended dilution rate and how have you been using it in your grows?
They say to mix 5ml or more to a liter. I've been mixing 5ml per liter. I began using it on the two swicked plants after I took them off the swicks. I've been giving it to this plant in every feed since. The Parmesan only got it once. The Gelato auto 2 plant is getting it in every feed, but now that it is into bloom I will stop it. I will used the Cape Seaweed and Molasses instead, which is what I am giving the Parmesan now.

Hello! Thank you for checking in. I made the medium super soggy with the pot nestled right into that medium. I think that the water roots at the bottom of the pot will quickly slurp up what moisture they can from the cloth of the pot and a wicking process will take place, That's what I'm hoping anyway. I was planning to continue to feed but I still need to see if the Seagro is adequate as a fertilizer... I googled and found that it is 53:7:17! What does that mean for me?
Isn't it the fish emulsion? I tried to look it up, but they didn't have anywhere I could find a guaranteed analysis.
Other fish emulsion products I saw had an npk of around 5-1-1, and given that the label on yours is in g/kg, it should be 5.3-0.7-1.7, which would seem to be in line with them.
If you were giving your plants something with 53% N, I would've expected to see at least an N excess.
I'll keep looking.

Edit: I sent them an email, but it's after 6 there, right? I probably won't get a response until tomorrow, if at all.
I do find their claim that it's impossible to burn your plants using it questionable if the nitrogen is really 53.

Isn't it the fish emulsion? I tried to look it up, but they didn't have anywhere I could find a guaranteed analysis.
Other fish emulsion products I saw had an npk of around 5-1-1, and given that the label on yours is in g/kg, it should be 5.3-0.7-1.7, which would seem to be in line with them.
If you were giving your plants something with 53% N, I would've expected to see at least an N excess.
I'll keep looking.

Edit: I sent them an email, but it's after 6 there, right? I probably won't get a response until tomorrow, if at all.
I do find their claim that it's impossible to burn your plants using it questionable if the nitrogen is really 53.
Thanks Mel! It is the fish emulsion. I have also been looking online and can't find any detailed info on the product.
Edit: Just seen your edit. Thank you very much for sending them an email! It'll be interesting to hear their response and what you make of it.

That's certainly not a balanced nute mix but works if all your plant needs is nitrogen.

Unless of course all that nitrogen is locking out something else, though all the plants are in the same mix and don't all look the same.

If you can't find a cheap mixable nute with a good ratio I'm not sure my advice about feeding it is helpful.

Heading off now but you're in good hands here. :ciao:

Back
Top Bottom