Hurricane Warning: ViparSpectra XS1500 Pro - Category 5 Grow

goodstart.jpg

Off to a pretty good start. The smell is awesome.

We do similarly FWIW. They get hung in a room at 22-23c (70-72F) and Rh 60% Then put in mesh hanging baskets when trimmed moving around in the breeze from fans. We could do in a week but there’s generally a lot and its too cold in there for the trimmers so the nugs need extra drying. They get trimmed outside the room and soak a load of moisture back in within 5 minutes 😅
haha i know how that goes. We have 99% humidity days, just opening a jar makes all the weed too wet haha.

haha i know how that goes. We have 99% humidity days, just opening a jar makes all the weed too wet haha.
Yep same same. We’re within a few 100 miles of the same latitude as you - today its pissing it down with rain 😅
image.jpg

dakine.jpg
stumpy.jpg
empty.jpg
hung.jpg

Chopped. I only have a short time to get these dry and in bags so I'm using an old commercial method.
  • Keep everything cold and the humidity at the ideal dry/cure point from the moment of chop to the moment they go into the curing bags.
  • Hang, and immediately begin deleafing.
  • Once the leaves are removed go back and trim/remove the buds from the stems.
  • As the trimmed buds are removed from the stems lay them in shallow cardboard boxes.
  • Give the boxes a gentle shake once a day to tumble the buds around, and they should be dry and ready to go within a week.
Congratulations! Great and beautiful plant. You really are a detailed man Braddah - even trimming in the same conditions? Good for you. No wonder your weed always looks so perfect. So you’re a little or no amber guy too? All milky is the preference?

goodstart.jpg

Off to a pretty good start. The smell is awesome.
I always dry this way! Same method as you described start to finish. Is that old school? It’s how I was taught and it works great! I let them hang until the first day I start to wonder if they’re ready. That’s box day. From there it’s only 2/3 days to trim and jar day!

I thought Florida had high humidity but damn it’s like what I have heard the Vietnam Vets say what it was like over there. CL🍀

dakine.jpg
stumpy.jpg
empty.jpg
hung.jpg

Chopped. I only have a short time to get these dry and in bags so I'm using an old commercial method.
  • Keep everything cold and the humidity at the ideal dry/cure point from the moment of chop to the moment they go into the curing bags.
  • Hang, and immediately begin deleafing.
  • Once the leaves are removed go back and trim/remove the buds from the stems.
  • As the trimmed buds are removed from the stems lay them in shallow cardboard boxes.
  • Give the boxes a gentle shake once a day to tumble the buds around, and they should be dry and ready to go within a week.
Fully cured? CL🍀

Congratulations on the harvest Braddah! They're just as pretty off the plant as they were on, and I hope they smoke just as well.

:bravo:
Thanks shed! Way to go on those MONSTER killer cookies! Looks like your tactical trim team took them down expeditiously!

Fully cured? CL🍀
I still cure for at least few weeks after, but I know dudes who move em out that fast to turn around and start the next run (though they have more flower so it takes longer to trim, and thus hangs a few days longer than mine does).

I thought Florida had high humidity but damn it’s like what I have heard the Vietnam Vets say what it was like over there. CL🍀
Yeah the rainforest is no joke. Luckily we have the trade winds out here a lot of the time keeping things comfortable. Its the still days that suck.

Yeah, keep clear of the crazys when you can! I do!

Man that's pretty purple bud! Nice growing!
Thanks Stone! The fires on Maui really f'd stuff up. The economy is crashing, hundreds of businesses all over the island have closed, hundreds dead, hundreds more without homes or jobs. Crazy stuff.

I don't think small scale growing is for me, but I think this strain is a winner! Stoked you stopped by, I always admire your work!

I always dry this way! Same method as you described start to finish. Is that old school? It’s how I was taught and it works great! I let them hang until the first day I start to wonder if they’re ready. That’s box day. From there it’s only 2/3 days to trim and jar day!
Well its one way, been around since at least the 90's... there's a contingent on 420 who adhere to the slow and low method, this is the fast and low!

Congratulations! Great and beautiful plant. You really are a detailed man Braddah - even trimming in the same conditions? Good for you. No wonder your weed always looks so perfect. So you’re a little or no amber guy too? All milky is the preference?
The whole checking the trichs thing is kinda new to me, I came up judging more by overall look and 'feeling'. I don't know that I've had a plant that ripened uniformly so I guess given the opportunity I would go for 75-80% Milky 10-15% amber, and the rest under developed or somewhere in between. I imagine the trichs undergo ripening post harvest to some extent?

It seems like some life stuff always happens though that dictates my need to harvest enough so that I end up harvesting at whatever point seems good enough in relation to my stress level about the whole thing :rofl:. However it works out I find that my homegrown usually gets me stoneder than the stuff I encounter elsewhere and that's all that really matters at the end of the day.

Back
Top Bottom