I think there is a marginal improvement. I will give her another Liter tomorrow and see. I want to show you my Gelato auto 2 before the weekend is gone. I took a few leaves off, two biggies and a few small ones. I thought I had uploaded a pic, but not.

Thank you for hanging out and helping out friends. Have a good week ahead.

Wish all of you have had a great weekend!
I for one had a good weekend, thank you Valerie. I hope yours was good too. Have an excellent week ahead!

Thank you Tok! They are off the SWICK now. Took em off a couple of weeks ago. Their rooting will have been affected and I think that could be why I have calmag issues with them. However, it could also be that they are still being overwatered causing nute lockout, and / or the soil is the problem. Gee had this too. His were affected before mine. It was SWICK related. However, there is a grower called @PerkPot who is doing a fine job with their SWICKS. I don't see them here often and am looking forward to running into them again, to find out what is making them a success and ours not so much.
Hi Carmen. I am new to all this too so learning as I go. The only thing I did was get a smaller diameter swick string and I am only using one string on the inner holes. The plants are sucking the water but I don’t see a lot of root growth out the bottom.

IMG_6993.jpeg

IMG_6991.jpeg

IMG_6987.jpeg

Hi Carmen. I am new to all this too so learning as I go. The only thing I did was get a smaller diameter swick string and I am only using one string on the inner holes. The plants are sucking the water but I don’t see a lot of root growth out the bottom.

IMG_6993.jpeg

IMG_6991.jpeg

IMG_6987.jpeg
Amazing! Stunning too PerkPot. Are you doing any top watering? Thanks for responding!

Yes I am doing some top watering about once a week and hitting them with elm dirt bloom juice. My plants really like the elm dirt products.
Thank you. I'm trying to interrogate this a bit to see what we could perhaps do differently to achieve a result like yours. When you top water, do you water to runoff or just to the top roots?

Thank you. I'm trying to interrogate this a bit to see what we could perhaps do differently to achieve a result like yours. When you top water, do you water to runoff or just to the top roots?
The bottom stays pretty moist from the swick so I just put a couple cups of top water to get the nutrients from the bloom juice in. My soil is from the soil makers. It’s pricey w shipping but really good soil.

IMG_6995.png

The bottom stays pretty moist from the swick so I just put a couple cups of top water to get the nutrients from the bloom juice in. My soil is from the soil makers. It’s pricey w shipping but really good soil.

IMG_6995.png

It looks like excellent plant food, that soil. What Gee was saying is that calcium moves downwards, so that is likely why his and my plants both got calcium deficiencies. Perhaps you avoided that because you top fed regularly too.

My plants have taken strain. The Gelato auto 1 is very pale but it is finally "praying" adequately. This plant will be up-potted this week.

My Parmesan auto is droopy and nutrition is off. I am top watering only now and giving it calmag once a week.

I have just done a defol and delarf on the Gelato auto 2. I don't like doing it. I feel I am a bit too haphazard and that may result in taking off too much leaf! Anyway, here are the pics. I hope there is enough leaf left to power her flower.

Please feel free to offer constructive criticism, and thanks for hanging with me and the plants!

wow Carmen first time i been around in a while your lil girls are growing up, and may I say they look pretty!!!
keep it up:rollit:

IMG_6993.jpeg

IMG_6991.jpeg

IMG_6987.jpeg
I had the same issue Gee was the one who explain about a shick and cal mag.
@PerkPot I had issues with AC swicks and LOS I eventually transplant my plants to GRO Bucket SIPs. the reservoir actull filled up with Roots . if I did it over I would move the plant every couple days to stop the roots from over growing. wow did I really recommend stunting root grow??? this is one wacky weed we smoke

wow Carmen first time i been around in a while your lil girls are growing up, and may I say they look pretty!!!
keep it up:rollit:
Hey Savvage! So good to see you here, thank you for the visit and for loving on my gals.
I had the same issue Gee was the one who explain about a shick and cal mag.
@PerkPot I had issues with AC swicks and LOS I eventually transplant my plants to GRO Bucket SIPs. the reservoir actull filled up with Roots . if I did it over I would move the plant every couple days to stop the roots from over growing. wow did I really recommend stunting root grow??? this is one wacky weed we smoke
Lmao!

How is it going @Carmen Ray
I see @PerkPot stopped in to see you, he did not have 50 message to DM him.

The top watering make sense, because I top water my SIP once a week also.
Only a few weeks left. :green_heart:

Grow well my friend,
Tok..
High Tok :passitleft:

Thank you my friend, I really appreciate you having my back and I think you're right, it looks as if this has been a common issue if people are only watering from the bottom into los in cloth pots. It appears likely that is the situation with these plants of mine.

I was thinking of putting the Gelato 1 into a combo of perlite and mushroom compost and worm poo when I up-pot. What do you think about that? For comparison, the Gelato 2 plant is in a 1/3 mushroom compost to 2/3 cannabis soil, and seems to be loving life so far.

It's starting to get exciting as the Gelato 1 puffs up. The Parmesan is slow I feel, but I'm doing the best I can for it. The BBQ skewer came out with moist soil attached, which means there is no lack of water now. I will leave the plant to work for its next feed.

Catch you in your journal.

I was thinking of putting the Gelato 1 into a combo of perlite and mushroom compost and worm poo when I up-pot. What do you think about that? For comparison, the Gelato 2 plant is in a 1/3 mushroom compost to 2/3 cannabis soil, and seems to be loving life so far.
I'd put the blend that works best in the new pot rather than an untried mix. After all, there won't be a ton of new root growth at this stage but whatever there is should get the good stuff!
Please feel free to offer constructive criticism
Oh constructive? Never mind. :cheesygrinsmiley:

I'd put the blend that works best in the new pot rather than an untried mix. After all, there won't be a ton of new root growth at this stage but whatever there is should get the good stuff!
It's either the compost blend or a new bag of orgasoilux. Do you mean the mushie blend?
Oh constructive? Never mind. :cheesygrinsmiley:
haha :laughtwo:

Back
Top Bottom