I'm excited to see more input on the VipaSpectra XS1500. This is the current front-runner in my search for a grow light to utilize in my 2x2 space. Best of wishes-
Hi and welcome to my journal HGs.
Tell us about your plans. I can tell you that I am loving the ViparSpectra XS1500 Pro. The Pro is the next generation model. I think you are talking about the new one, right? What is your setup there?

Still researching. Did you say you are using LOS?
You are so kind Tok, thank you very much.
If so, did you add anything to thin it out?
I am using this local craft cannabis soil, which some refer to as a super soil. I don't know if it is but my experience of it has led me to believe that it is better for robust outdoor plants in big pots or in the ground, than for my indoor grows. Here is the list of ingredients:
Capacity30L
InoculantCannabis Microbial Consortium
BlendCompost, Vermi-compost, Coco peat, Sphagnum peat moss (sustainably harvested) and perlite
IngredientsAlfalfa meal
Aloe meal
Basalt Rock Dust
Bio-Char (preloaded with microbes)
Canna-kashi
Calcitic Lime
Copper Powder
Dolomite Lime
Guano (sea-bird)
Gypsum
Humic Acid
Fulvic Acid
Frass
Kelp Meal
Malted Barley
Manganese Oxide
Montmorillonite Clay
Soft Rock Phosphate
Zeolite
The third plant, my Gelato auto 2 is in a mixture of 1/3 mushroom compost and 2/3 soil. So far it is the healthiest looking plant of the three in my opinion, but it does have some spotting on some of the leaves. That one was never on a SWICK. I top watered after up-potting to the 20 L. Up until then I started the seedling on a SWICK. I have fed them microbes, mycos, fish hydrolysate, seaweed & molasses, and earth worm compost.

Hey SSG, I'd love to follow your journal but the titles in your signature don't seem to have links. Where can I find this grow? Your seeds sound different. I want to know more :)
They are Mosca seeds fro, "Seed Bazzar" I have a year membership. SSgrower

The reason I ask about the soil I was wondering how well it drains or retains water.
I use an organic soil that is to thick for me so, I mix in 30% perlite for better drainage.

Is your soil retaining the water, or when they are light enough to pick up easily, do they take at least 1 to 1 1/2 gallons 4 to 6 liters of water, before run off?

Tok..
No, only a couple of liters. I believe the drainage is just right Tok.

SS grower Click on my name and go!
I found it but quite a challenge lol. I'm subbed to that journal already but not getting notifications for some reason. In again now.

The reason I ask about the soil I was wondering how well it drains or retains water.
I use an organic soil that is to thick for me so, I mix in 30% perlite for better drainage.

Is your soil retaining the water, or when they are light enough to pick up easily, do they take at least 1 to 1 1/2 gallons 4 to 6 liters of water, before run off?

Tok..
Morning Tok, you see the condition of the plant today. It is 2 days since it was watered. The bag is light and the bbq skewer comes out clean, showing dry soil. It makes me think that the plant needs more water.

I rarely grow auto's, because they are like spoiled rich kids. No matter what you do, they are going to do what they want, and it doesn't matter if you like it or not.
:laugh: and well-said Tok!
I really think this plant is rootbound. Do I move it into a 30 L? It has a lot of flowering left to do still. I could cut the cloth pot off it when it is next dry and do it then, or is it too traumatic for the plant in flower? I just worry about nutes not getting to the plant. Lemme know what you think.
If you tap on the sides of the pot does it feel like wood? A rootbound plant will feel solid in a cloth pot when you tap on it. Also, if you do decide to upcan it, don't cut off the old bag (pots cost money!), do this:

full

full

If you tap on the sides of the pot does it feel like wood? A rootbound plant will feel solid in a cloth pot when you tap on it. Also, if you do decide to upcan it, don't cut off the old bag (pots cost money!), do this:

full

full
Someone stole your plant 😳
Nice tip :thumb:
:passitleft:

Looking good. It's strange because leaves that need water are limp and your look swollen and full. Hope you get to the bottom of whatever it is
Hi LR, thank you. I'm glad you made that observation. Should I leave the plant for the day and watch?

full

full
This is a most excellent tip! Thank you.

It is 2 days since it was watered. The bag is light and the bbq skewer comes out clean, showing dry soil. It makes me think that the plant needs more water.
If your Parmesan is dry but looks overwatered it sounds like it's in the same predicament as my GM before I replanted it. Took a while for the roots to change over from water to soil but it finally sorted itself out. I'd water with just enough to get the top half wet but not the bottom half, or as close as possible to that impossible task. :)
Someone stole your plant 😳
Yeah, me! I never need to upcan my cloth pots so the only way I could do the demo was after harvest. Needs must. :thumb:
Thanks! I got it from someone on the site years ago and wish I could remember who it was to give them credit.

If your Parmesan is dry but looks overwatered it sounds like it's in the same predicament as my GM before I replanted it. Took a while for the roots to change over from water to soil but it finally sorted itself out. I'd water with just enough to get the top half wet but not the bottom half, or as close as possible to that impossible task. :)
Thank you. This is what I was thinking too. That's why I put the plant on the towel to wick after watering, so that the water doesn't sit in the roots at the bottom of the pot. It has been two days since it was last watered. I'll try that.
Yeah, me! I never need to upcan my cloth pots so the only way I could do the demo was after harvest. Needs must. :thumb:

Thanks! I got it from someone on the site years ago and wish I could remember who it was to give them credit.
Oh, yes it does feel solid in there. I haven't felt anything like it before. I'm waiting for a friend to get back to me. I could do with some help with the up-can. I still need to buy the bag.

Maybe just a little for the top
Thank you. I poured in under 1 L just on the top. Hours later it still droops. Perhaps what I should do is feed the top roots daily rather than going for runoff. Runoff is for a different root system I think.

Space is becoming a bit tight. Suggestions would be welcome?
Just that you have powerful state of the lights in those @ViparSpectra 's! We're spoiled after looking at the near perfect light footprint they make, the edges outside the footprint will have plenty of PAR to make nice bud in my opinion. I've had nice bud down to the high 200's of PAR on the edges of footprints. Not ideal but fine.

Just that you have powerful state of the lights in those @ViparSpectra 's! We're spoiled after looking at the near perfect light footprint they make, the edges outside the footprint will have plenty of PAR to make nice bud in my opinion. I've had nice bud down to the high 200's of PAR on the edges of footprints. Not ideal but fine.
Thank you for confirming what I hoped was the case. It sure looks like the three of them are good under there! Yay @ViparSpectra XS 1500 Pro! I am loving these lights. Also, I think having reflective white furniture helps me too.

Back
Top Bottom