Growing Cannabis

I forgot to water my plants. I’m controlled droughting them 🤣

Time for harvest or giving the poor thing some water again to kick her on another oz through pure will to live?
I am not sure whether to harvest. I do see a fair number of amber trichomes in the pictures, but I also see clear trichomes. The buds themselves look done to me. The smell is not quite as tantalizing as it was, as if it is fading slightly. I'd agree with you, it's either time to water or harvest. I'm inclined to harvest? Where's Shed? I hope he does another round of journals before bed! Another opinion will help me to be more decisive.

Cool. For the record I’d be top watering with any amendments allowed for the organic side except anything seaweed/fish/kelp related. As Shed has linkage for “You can’t flush nutrients from your buds” BUT you can avoid them smelling like dirty sea water for a month of drying 😅 (it does go completely after a while!)

Where's Shed?
Mrs Shed is away so dive bar?

Or this popped up on my Asian movie streaming box last night, probably watching it. 😂 Subtitle:

Just when he thought he was outside he had to schlep them back in!

IMG_5995.jpeg

Mrs Shed is away so dive bar?

Or this popped up on my Asian movie streaming box last night, probably watching it. 😂 Subtitle:

Just when he thought he was outside he had to schlep them back in!

IMG_5995.jpeg
You're on a roll today! :rofl:

hmm, Id give her some water and harvest in a few days but thats just me and I have not been involved in your drought mission so feel free to completely ignore me. Just saying
Already done :) After some deliberation I fed the plant 4 L of water with Nourish and Calmag this morning. Quite a bit of runoff, but I wanted to wet and aerate the soil properly. I still see a lot of clear trichomes. Thank you for your feedback Gromes, your opinion matters big time!

This is most excellent news :)
I've been given the go ahead to grow Northern Lights x Big Bud autos from @Canuk Seeds and I will start those for my summer tabletop grow. So exciting! :yahoo: It's going to be another @ViparSpectra grow too!
That’s a winning combination CR, with your skills, @ViparSpectra lights and @Canuk Seeds genetics it’s going to be a great comparison grow. I’m definitely going along for the show. CL🍀. :popcorn:

Hey Carmen, My thread was a sponsored one at one time. I join these forum, 3 in all concerning cannabis but, the sites demand behavior unworthy of my writing. Kicked off of one site "Unamed", for joining another site a dot. Org.?? this site guards names of other sites and will change "Text" to suit the site?? I am in a quandry as to how to "Document" and study my progress. Glad you found my thread here, sad world of bussiness,Frick! SS

Where's Shed? I hope he does another round of journals before bed! Another opinion will help me to be more decisive.
Sorry I missed you. 11:41pm is late for me to still be on the computer on a school night!

It's too late now and the pic you took isn't at the same angle as the original, so this is the best I could do to compare:

Untitled-2 copy.jpg

Looks like you could have gone another day, but next time you should compare to the first pic when you line up the shot to gauge the changes, if possible.

How many days drought was it, not counting the day you last watered? Also, have the leaves recovered?

Sorry I missed you. 11:41pm is late for me to still be on the computer on a school night!
Gosh yes, of course.
Untitled-2 copy.jpg

Looks like you could have gone another day, but next time you should compare to the first pic when you line up the shot to gauge the changes, if possible.
Do you mean present the two photographs next to one another? Not sure how I can line up the shot with any precision. Everything moves.
How many days drought was it, not counting the day you last watered? Also, have the leaves recovered?
Only four days. The lower leaves have lifted up again but all the leaves in the buds are badly fried.

Edited

I thought everyone learned to use a protractor! The only angle I was working with was the original 95º and the second was the 142.8º that represented a 50% change in angle.

According to Maritimer, 4 days probably isn't long enough to elicit the plant's drought response that is the goal of the process. Still might have done something and there are always lessons to be learned with every new technique in growing.
Do you mean present the two photographs next to one another? Not sure how I can line up the shot with any precision. Everything moves.
No, I overlaid them to try to see what the new angle was compared to the original. If you are off to one side or the other or higher or lower it introduces parallax to the leaf's angle, which changes the measurement of the LWA. It's best to look at the pre-drought pic and line the camera up at the same angle and distance for subsequent pics. You can flip back and forth from gallery to camera to compare.

According to Maritimer, 4 days probably isn't long enough to elicit the plant's drought response that is the goal of the process. Still might have done something and there are always lessons to be learned with every new technique in growing.
I feel if I had left the plant without water any longer it would have damaged the flowers. The sugar leaves are crisp. I will try again with the second Gelato plant and do it properly this time.
No, I overlaid them to try to see what the new angle was compared to the original.
Oh I didn't realize that. Thank you.
If you are off to one side or the other or higher or lower it introduces parallax to the leaf's angle, which changes the measurement of the LWA.
Thank you.
It's best to look at the pre-drought pic and line the camera up at the same angle and distance for subsequent pics. You can flip back and forth from gallery to camera to compare.
Sorry I am being absolutely dumb and useless. I feel so stupid :( I can't figure out how to flip seamlessly between my gallery and camera on Android. It's several steps to change between apps as far as I can tell 🤔

On a Samsung at least it's the 3 vertical lines bottom left that let you jump from open app to open app.
Screenshot_20230914_140607_One UI Home.jpg

The current app is the main image and you can see the previous app I used was text (to the left).

If you look at the image in your Gallery and then your camera it should put them next to each other and you can scroll back and forth between them.
Thank you! I don't know why that was so hard.

Sometimes this is all one needs as a reason to live. Cultivating plants and friendships worldwide. Today I had a visit from my homie @Lerugged. It was so cool to see him. I haven't seen him since before Covid. We exchanged some gifts and needless to say, I am high on one of his most excellent cultivars. Thank you LR!

I had another awesome surprise today! My delivery from @Canuk Seeds 😮 :love: That was quick, and a fabulous goodie bag. I have a really nice mousepad, a coaster, a lanyard and a lanyard torch! I feel very lucky and excited. I can't wait for my summer grow.

I'm pleased that LR suggested I remove the dying leaves from the Parmesan auto. Here are a few pics of the tabletop grow.

Back
Top Bottom