Colombian Gold Grow: Come Learn With Me How To Produce Your Own Seeds!

She's at 10 weeks flowering.

I would have to check my notes, but I'm pretty sure I harvested all 3 of my Sensi NL within a day or two of Flip + 56 days.
Yours has a ton of frost!! The buds on mine were hard as rocks.

I was using a dual outlet digital timer. I had one light set to come 5 min later and go off 5 min earlier.

At 4 weeks into 12/12 I went in the room a few mins after lights out (8pm) to open the window a bit and one light was still on. I chalked it up to maybe me bumping the buttons and turning the timer position to on earlier in the day, so I checked all the timer settings.
The next day alls good. Three days later light still on at 10pm.
So who knows how many other nights it was on when it shouldnt have been.
I think the lights flickering during a storm a few days before may have affected the timer some how.
I have since replaced it with a single out one.
This probably screwed up the flowering and is why I'm having the delay in maturity.

I've waited 18 weeks o_Ofor a plant to mature my first store bought seed rookie grow 9 years ago.
I kept waiting for ambers which never came. It was great pot and a heck of a lot of it.
14oz 4gl perlite hempy OC+. There were huge foxtails buds.

After two years of successfully growing in ProMix BX I've been convinced to mix up a batch of organic soil. I currently have four plants in my flowering tent, three of which are in the organic soil. I mixed up another batch today as I'll be up-potting a couple plants here in another week. So far I'm liking it (not mixing nutrients or PHing) and the plants are happy. Hopefully they'll run just fine all the way through harvest.

Yesterday and today were a combination of heaven and hell all at the same time. I was gifted a very special cut of a top grade Gorilla Glue #4 plant which I reversed to make seeds. I had some luck and was able to make some seeds. The problem (the hell part) was/is the buds are SO STICKY that I can't drop the seeds when I pluck one out of a calyx. I'll bet I've gone through 1/3 of a bottle of alcohol keeping my fingers cleaned of resin. I look forward to growing one of these just for the buds.

Yesterday and today were a combination of heaven and hell all at the same time. I was gifted a very special cut of a top grade Gorilla Glue #4 plant which I reversed to make seeds. I had some luck and was able to make some seeds. The problem (the hell part) was/is the buds are SO STICKY that I can't drop the seeds when I pluck one out of a calyx. I'll bet I've gone through 1/3 of a bottle of alcohol keeping my fingers cleaned of resin. I look forward to growing one of these just for the buds.

I hope to be able to do exactly this for the seeds I already have ;) awesome.

Besides stuff you dug out of your backyard and perlite, care to share the ingredients?
I tried to make it as simple as possible. Today I made approximately 18 gallons of soil.

1 part ProMix BX (5 gal)
1 part Coast of Maine Lobster compost (5 gal)
1 part Earth worm castings (5 gal)

To this I added:
2 gallons of dried rabbit droppings
Perlite to taste
4 cups of Coast of Main Stonington Blend Organic Plant food

Mixed it till my arms hurt, rested soaked it a little and mixed it a lot more.

Above I shared a photo of some Gorilla Glue #4 S1 seeds I made reversing a top quality GG#4 plant. When I began collecting pollen from the reversed plant I took a small bit of it and brushed some on a bud on my Sour Diesel Haze auto plant that was 3 full weeks into flowering. I figured she had time to carry the seeds to full maturity being a Sativa. Today marked day 63 of flowering for the Sour Diesel Haze auto and I figured it was time (I was patient) to peek and see how the seeds were doing. The ones I found were way down deep inside the buds and I was tickled to see they were fully mature. I found 15 total looking pretty thoroughly but there might be a couple more I didn't see. The thing about these seeds that caught my eye was their size. They are HUGE!! Here are two photos. First one is the 15 seeds I found this morning. The second photo is those same 15 seeds on the left with five GG#4 S1 seeds I harvested this weekend. Quite a difference in size. Now I've grown huge plants with itty bitty tiny seeds so I know the size probably doesn't mean anything. But they sure are impressive to look at :)

Well, here is my next seed making project. This is a Candida CD-1 plant that I just up-potted today. This is her third pot, each progressively bigger. I'm working to build a solid root mass for her. She is growing in my own organic soil concoction so I hope she does well. In about 4 weeks she should be in her next larger pot which will be her forever home. At that point I will get her bent over and tied down to try to keep her below the lights in the tent in which I need to finish her out. Hopefully she will reverse quicker then the last two plants I treated with colloidal silver. Both had me asking myself "why do I do this" as I was finding it more and more difficult to keep motivated to keep applying the colloidal silver twice a day.

This is why I am reversing this plant to produce seeds.

Laboratory results show CBD levels of between 20.6% and 10.9% CBD with THC levels rising with higher CBD levels - but never passing 1% THC. The balance between CBD and THC remains more consistent than any similar strain. With these ratios of CBD to THC, the anti-psychotic capabilities of the higher levels of CBD outweigh the relatively small amounts of THC, and effectively remove the "high", psychological effect, ensuring a non-psychoactive cannabis plant.

MEDICINE!

I so want to harvest this plant! She's taking up way too much space in my flowering tent which is small to begin with. Her trichromes are probably 70% milky with 30% clear. I keep waiting for her buds to fatten up, but maybe this strain doesn't do it? I'll give her another week to 10 days or until I'm seeing nearly all milky trichromes. She definitely packed on the trichromes over the last 2 1/2 weeks.

I may have just set my new personal record for the worst cannabis photo ever. But, seeing how the crystals reflect the light back it's easy to see how those fellas in the helicopters can spot these plants from 2 miles away.

I fired up two of my hempy solo cups today. I decided it was time to grow something different that I haven't been growing since January. Here is what I decided to plant.

Purple Animal Cookies....In House Genetics This is a hodgepodge strain with Chemdog, Mendo Purps, OG Kush, Hindu Kush and Durban Poison in there somewhere. But no matter, nothing I've grown from In House has disappointed me.

Original Skunk #1....Seedsman.....A strain I have wanted to grow now for 3 years and never have. I have two buddies who grow and it is a favorite of both of them. Acapulco Gold/Mexican Sativa/Colombian Gold sativa

The Skunk seed is a fem. I believe the Purple Animal Cookies seed is a regular and also a one of....only one I have. We'll see what happens.
And I bought a new carbon filter for the small tent in which the skunk will be growing.

Back
Top Bottom