Cultivators Cultivation High Quality Yields

I dont want to clog this journal up too much with other stuff but while we waiting for things to happen heres a couple pics of another grow im doing. 16pot wilma system under 2 600w hps. 2 weeks veg.

20130122_143521.jpg

20130122_143515.jpg

20130122_143505.jpg

whats a wilma system C? just a drip system?

its a self contained, drip irrigation system, recirculating. basically a more compact version of what u are doing. excellent for scrogging. the 16 pot system gets tightly packed fast. mint for sog and scrog. google it.

You must a very busy man!

not enough hours in the day sometimes. life would be simple if the people i worked with thought like me. unfortunately my time is spent correcting problems that would have never arrisen if people LISTENED! haha

You missed 3 leafs.

i'll be sure to be more thorough in future mate haha

Hey guys

So im involved with a debate on GLR. Im currently running a grow with GLR schedule. Im interested in what you guys think and find with it. Please im only interested in guys who have 1. run it, 2. have ran regular 18/6 under same conditions and 3. have some grow experience. Im not interested in my friend did this or that or if its ur first grow and have no experience.

If it is ur first grow or if u are new to the game i will hear ur views but i am looking for experience. Ive been told there is possibilty of 50% faster veg time, im not seeing this, no where near, infact the opposite.

I'll just repost this that i posted in another thread so everyone can see what im getting at. Thanks guys.

"Ive just been told that members are experinece 50% faster veg times.... I however am finding it is slowing my veg by minimun 2 weeks. the argument is simply that GLR 1. saves money on eletric bills and 2. makes plants show flowers faster on the transition period.

So i veg usually for 2-3 weeks, never more than 3. Im on a 11 week turn around max. Currently on GLR on a like for like basis running same wattage, same space and same nutes im nearly 2 weeks behind in veg and prob be min another 5 days before i flip, taking my veg to around 5 and half weeks, double usual. Plants are a touch stretchier but not in a bad way. In genereral i see flowers start within the week.

So i state this. GLR saves money on bills day to day definately, HOWEVER due to the extra time it takes to veg u actually lose those savings. If a do 4 grows at 11 week turn around, (3week veg), over 4 grows i could actually just about fit another grow in.

Secondly my plants ususally show flowering within the week (documented in my journals) therefore how much time am i really saving on the transition? any faster would be a deficit due to the fact that the plant hasnt had enough of a chance to stretch enough to give space to fill those flowers up. And even if thats not the issue, is it worth extra 2-3 weeks veg for few days saving on flip?

These are my findings. I havent flipped my GLR to flower yet but i do have enough experience to make a judgement now. Very interested in ur thoughts. Also please if u can, show me proof that there is a 50% genuine faster veg with healthier plants, that would take me to a week veg time. maybe ive done something wrong for this schedule. i doubt it but i am listening to experienced growers."

Sorry C. Using GLR now, but it's a new grow. The benefits motivating me were power savings and quicker flowering. I was only hoping for no decrease in veg growth. I'm definitely interested in what you, and others that can compare full before and after runs, think.

I ran both GLR & 18/6. With GLR the hormones build up & then are destroyed during the 1hr of light interruption & then they build up again for the next 5 1/2hrs. Which triggers faster growth in veg that you would normally see in flower. As you stated it also will induce flowering a week earlier. Also it will save the genetics in the long run if you plan on continuing to clone it. 18/6 lighting destroys genetics over time.

In my first grow journal at the beginning I ran this test & I definitely will be sticking to GLR. Week and a half of growth!
IMG_0414_1_.JPG
IMG_0455_1_.JPG

to be honest ive only used glr this one time C so I am still undecided at this point because last round was a different strain. I know what to expect from my pk in a glr routine and the round that is in my veg table is on 18/6 and will be for the duration of veg so we are doing the same experiment backwards lol... so far im not seeing much of a difference but they are really starting to grow now so I ll let you know in a week or two. the hgk started to flower 3 days into transition and the pk started on day 5-6 so transition was alot faster for me with glr. I want to see if there is any difference in the structure of the plant with glr, shorter node spacing that sort of thing.

to be honest ive only used glr this one time C so I am still undecided at this point because last round was a different strain. I know what to expect from my pk in a glr routine and the round that is in my veg table is on 18/6 and will be for the duration of veg so we are doing the same experiment backwards lol... so far im not seeing much of a difference but they are really starting to grow now so I ll let you know in a week or two. the hgk started to flower 3 days into transition and the pk started on day 5-6 so transition was alot faster for me with glr. I want to see if there is any difference in the structure of the plant with glr, shorter node spacing that sort of thing.

There will definitely be a shorter nod spacing running GLR. I forgot to mention that.

Back
Top Bottom