You’re more than welcome. Come in. Leave your shoes on. In fact, make sure you step round that.. we’re not sure if the dogs have finished with it yet or what it is. Best not to look.
So, you can see the little room full of Isabelles has come along since the last photos, yeah. They’ve got a few days left til a bit of a haircut. Stretch stalled out last few days at a cpl 29” tops, but average 25ish. Just gave them a drink tonight so I’ll see if they have another wee push left.
And Plan 2: clones are looking lovely. They have only had RO h2o since the get-go but tonight they had their first dilute drink of grow nutes

Looking good in there DD, those are some strong clones! :bravo::headbanger::passitleft:

Imagine my surprise when I found this bad boy barking at me from the other side of a loupe..
Thank goodness for good people. And dogs.

Who's the good bud? You are!

Imagine my surprise when I found this bad boy barking at me from the other side of a loupe..
Thank goodness for good people. And dogs.
Brooooo :rofl::laugh:

Day 21 defoliation
We did this on day 22 actually. I was nervous to take the scissors to them, but this is the growing method I had decided on at the outset so it was something we’d been building up to.
Our space is too small for a big, bushy garden. Air wasn’t circulating well and most of each plant was being shaded by its own top.
And after giving their room a clean..
We couldn’t be happier with how this is turning out so far.
If you are on 420 then you probably helped this to happen, so thanks.
In other news.. we were as careful as could be, but still ended up with a tiny tester off each plant. I nearly squealed with delight when I had a close look at this one. With your tongue in the right place, standing on one foot in a cross breeze you can just see tiny glassy mushroom guys starting up.
Is it nominative determinism or narrative imperative? Isabelle Red showing red. Fun.

Looking great DD. Looks like we are nearly on the same flip time. Think I am a few day behind you.
:blunt:
You’re more than welcome. Come in. Leave your shoes on. In fact, make sure you step round that.. we’re not sure if the dogs have finished with it yet or what it is. Best not to look.
So, you can see the little room full of Isabelles has come along since the last photos, yeah. They’ve got a few days left til a bit of a haircut. Stretch stalled out last few days at a cpl 29” tops, but average 25ish. Just gave them a drink tonight so I’ll see if they have another wee push left.
And Plan 2: clones are looking lovely. They have only had RO h2o since the get-go but tonight they had their first dilute drink of grow nutes
Catching up with your journal now finally DD. Your revegged clones have come back brilliantly.They will make some seriously bushy plants . good job

Cheers GG nice to see you drop by. The thing I’m not sure about a revegged clone is this - their nodes were alternate down low from when its parent was sexually mature. Now the nodes growing out are even. I want to take tops for quadline and clones, but can I cut down to the alternate nodes without triggering flower again or should I top high and cut off the lower nodes? ... the collective wisdom of 420 is appreciated :yummy:

hahahah . am loving your humourous nature DD. fella after my own heart. got to have a giggle at shitty life. heehee. You have got this one sorted. . I am a big defol fan ( sorry irie .lol) for me , the need for the competition from surrounding fauna, plants,trees, bushes , structures ect is not a part of their natural grow environment anymore. while the big fans are workhorses for photosynthetic action and grabbing EVERY available photon available in that type of grow condition , we dont offer the same. Our whole drive is to get light to all areas with the methods and training available that has been adapted to suit the plants " New" needs. Genetics from breeders have changed fundamental designs to exploit better suited "growers needs". All leaves have the ability to photo synthesise the focused photons we hit them with . Big fans can also take energy to keep them maintained to work. There is some good research on how positive getting light into the main stems length is so expkains why defol makes them go crazy replacing leaves without ANY of the big fans around that were stripped out.
Glad you took the risk , you wont regret it.
Also with limited height , the quads can be a winner , not to mention a very low scrog with lots of filling out time. i pulled nearly 10oz from 1 super iced grapefruit using this simple method. If you need any help or a sounding board , dont hesitate to poke me mate. love this shit. lol. roll on your actual crispy , crystal covered jewels. lol , not often you can write that and not get nicked for grooming !!!

Cheers GG nice to see you drop by. The thing I’m not sure about a revegged clone is this - their nodes were alternate down low from when its parent was sexually mature. Now the nodes growing out are even. I want to take tops for quadline and clones, but can I cut down to the alternate nodes without triggering flower again or should I top high and cut off the lower nodes? ... the collective wisdom of 420 is appreciated :yummy:
.I think with symmetry being the key for quads ,that with clones it is harder to keep them all even. The basic idea spawned from all the nodes being fed from a t-bar initially that acted like a distribution point and fed all equally. The mainlining and quads ect.. seemed to spawn out of that. This original was only for seed grows and a whole different approach was used for clones to achieve "similar" results. You wont trigger flowering again mate. The only way this can happen is with light schedule. Stressing them during their first stages of bid production can cause the hermies but topping , lst ,ect cannot force them to flower so dont worry. I am not too sure with how to use clones that dont offer the initial symmetric pairing but i expect it would just mean making use of every node on the the main stem and pulling them to pot edge. Topping is just to create 2 mains so if your using what was effectively a branch , the top can be 1 side and the second node could be pulled in the opposite direction to create the initial mainline , then pull the next 2 down opposite the same way. any nodes lower than these take off. I think this would create the quad but it will take longer as clones grow a bit slower and less vigorously initially. might add a week or two to the process but would quadline. Another option could be to spiral pin the clones like a creeper until the pot is filled out then let it all go vertical. Thought about this one for a while as a new way to keep low and very productive with little time lost for recovery from cuts and bends. Maybe we could perfect it between us and become 420 pioneers of a method.?. I know it would work well too with photo period strains.

Looking great DD. Looks like we are nearly on the same flip time. Think I am a few day behind you.
Day 21 defoliation
We did this on day 22 actually. I was nervous to take the scissors to them, but this is the growing method I had decided on at the outset so it was something we’d been building up to.
Our space is too small for a big, bushy garden. Air wasn’t circulating well and most of each plant was being shaded by its own top.
And after giving their room a clean..
We couldn’t be happier with how this is turning out so far.
If you are on 420 then you probably helped this to happen, so thanks.
In other news.. we were as careful as could be, but still ended up with a tiny tester off each plant. I nearly squealed with delight when I had a close look at this one. With your tongue in the right place, standing on one foot in a cross breeze you can just see tiny glassy mushroom guys starting up.
Is it nominative determinism or narrative imperative? Isabelle Red showing red. Fun.
She is looking damn hot mate. can only imagine her finished up appeal.

.I think with symmetry being the key for quads ,that with clones it is harder to keep them all even. The basic idea spawned from all the nodes being fed from a t-bar initially that acted like a distribution point and fed all equally. The mainlining and quads ect.. seemed to spawn out of that. This original was only for seed grows and a whole different approach was used for clones to achieve "similar" results. You wont trigger flowering again mate. The only way this can happen is with light schedule. Stressing them during their first stages of bid production can cause the hermies but topping , lst ,ect cannot force them to flower so dont worry. I am not too sure with how to use clones that dont offer the initial symmetric pairing but i expect it would just mean making use of every node on the the main stem and pulling them to pot edge. Topping is just to create 2 mains so if your using what was effectively a branch , the top can be 1 side and the second node could be pulled in the opposite direction to create the initial mainline , then pull the next 2 down opposite the same way. any nodes lower than these take off. I think this would create the quad but it will take longer as clones grow a bit slower and less vigorously initially. might add a week or two to the process but would quadline. Another option could be to spiral pin the clones like a creeper until the pot is filled out then let it all go vertical. Thought about this one for a while as a new way to keep low and very productive with little time lost for recovery from cuts and bends. Maybe we could perfect it between us and become 420 pioneers of a method.?. I know it would work well too with photo period strains.
Awesome ups for not just for jumping on that question GG but dancing on it a little too.
Symmetry is one concern with the quads yes, I should’ve posted a photo. Where their nodes are staggered low down they look all hairy-legged like ‘70s chicks. :laughtwo:
I started spiralling out that one of mine that got half eaten by one of our birds. Then the dead looking side started up again. That’s how that one-sided one got like that.
I’m stoked to report that all the yellow and light green growth in the centres of each of our plants are already darkening. You can really see what’s happening with them now.
Might have to go sit in the garden a while.
Will mos’ def’ hit you up on my head scratchers thanks for the offer!

Hey Donkey Diiiiiiiick! :laughtwo:

Just caught up on the journal so far. They’re some lush looking plants you got there bro! Killing it! :bravo:

Will be good to see how fast they bounce back after that big defol
Hey man welcome along :high-five:
Can’t wait to see a room full of my namesakes, right?

Hey man welcome along :high-five:
Can’t wait to see a room full of my namesakes, right?
hahahah kinda reminds me of choosing fucked up email addresses then having to use them to receive job application forms or official documents.heehee. when your doing your Plant of the month photos or your Member of the month interview , you may feel the ting of regret like sucking a penny. heehee

Casually late to the party.. :eye-roll:

LoL

Looks like I'm just in time. :thumb: Hope ya don't mind me lurking in the fog...

Was going to make a joke, then I realized everyone here is watching DonkeyDick's grow.

Was going to make a joke, then I realized everyone here is watching DonkeyDick's grow.
Better than watching a Donkey's Dick grow.

All about punctuation!
:thumb:

Back
Top Bottom