Hi all.
This surprised me.
I was happy to see her poking through at last. It’s a reflection of how cold it has been here I guess. We don’t have anywhere warm to keep these little girls safe from birds and dogs in our house. I haven’t been too worried because there is plenty of time before they are needed, but this took five and a half weeks! She was cut at the same time as the others...
So now we have a viable representative of each of our flowering girls. The one I’ve designated Purple is visibly different to the other two so I’m glad we can carry her on if we decide we want to.
These represent the entirety of all successful clones I’ve made. So 5.5 weeks is a record for me. I wonder if other people have this experience with clones stalling? I still have one I’m waiting on from the same time. Haven’t given up.
Meanwhile back in the main room...
That’s for you, @Ganjagrandaddy
I really like a decent picture of trichomes so we’ll be getting a better loupe - by which time no doubt we’ll have better coverage :)
Keep smiling, folks.

Looking good, DD.

Hi all.
This surprised me.
I was happy to see her poking through at last. It’s a reflection of how cold it has been here I guess. We don’t have anywhere warm to keep these little girls safe from birds and dogs in our house. I haven’t been too worried because there is plenty of time before they are needed, but this took five and a half weeks! She was cut at the same time as the others...
So now we have a viable representative of each of our flowering girls. The one I’ve designated Purple is visibly different to the other two so I’m glad we can carry her on if we decide we want to.
These represent the entirety of all successful clones I’ve made. So 5.5 weeks is a record for me. I wonder if other people have this experience with clones stalling? I still have one I’m waiting on from the same time. Haven’t given up.
I really like a decent picture of trichomes so we’ll be getting a better loupe - by which time no doubt we’ll have better coverage :)
Keep smiling, folks.
hairy little pistils.. wait till you start seeing those globes on stick trichs matey. Like an acid trip. lol
How did you begin counring your flowering weeks ? , by flip time or onset of first pistils ? .
i have spent years assuming my flowering was always a little over as i counted from light flip and not the flowering start. lol
watched an interesting video found here about leaving them a week after their usual ready time of 30% amber. suggested an extra week to facilitate fementation of sugars deep within the bud that we often halt , then try to restart by curing for weeks. Made sense to try is out as it also gives max potency ( couchlock) which has become a bit of a "negative" outcome now for some reason. The trend to stay aware , awake and active defeats the purpose of creating higher thc producing plants if we harvest to avoid couchlock !!!!!!! Just smoke less each joint ?. . worth a thought

Here buddy why you get called donkey dick?
"Oh my mate started it. My name's Richard and I've got a stutter so he oh he oh he always calls me that:)"

That's what I'd be saying lol.

Looks good though mate. Read the first page but couldn't see it, you in coco or soil?
Also did I read right and you've managed that under a shitty 120w blurple?

I wonder if other people have this experience with clones stalling?
I have had that experience-except when mine stall,they do it because they're dead:)
So far I've had zero luck with clones,but I've only tried it 4 times.
Yours are looking good,DD-I think I need to get some rockwool cubes...

"Oh my mate started it. My name's Richard and I've got a stutter so he oh he oh he always calls me that:)"

Looks good though mate. Read the first page but couldn't see it, you in coco or soil?
even more appropriate is " eyore eyore eyorways calls me that !! " :thumb::goof:

I have had that experience-except when mine stall,they do it because they're dead:)
You're probably just pissing about with them too much mate.

I've never grown a clone to maturity.
I was mostly autos untill this year so couldnt bloom them if I wanted to.
I've taken loads of cuttings while I've been trimming plants though just to
Hi all.
This surprised me.
Keep smiling, folks.
even more appropriate is " eyore eyore eyorways calls me that !! " :thumb:9
There's always a smart arse eh
:tommy::tommy::tommy: :thedoubletake::laugh::slide::dude-knocking::headbanger::goof:

I lived on clones alone for years so do have a lot of exp but... The initial growth rate and size is very apparent to seed growing.
for me the the winning formula was using starter plugs over most all else. They do keep the right amount of moisture to offer water to the desperate stem. in a propagater very light misting if no moisture on the inside lid. calmag and ph6.2 water for mister bottle and to dampen plugs if they show signs of drying. Usually this can take about a week to get small roots in to the plug , then begin letting air in the vents for a few days until roots show out the plugs. Bingo, new ladies . It is vital to take the clones from the right place and to make sure no air gets into the open wound with rooting gel/water/powder too. Great for keeper strains or if finances are limited for a run or two but i prefer the vigour of the seed grows now. My 3 month Hulkberry clone is a lot smaller in every way ,except lanky branches ,to her 5 week old neighbours .

Thanks Barnes for my n-new c-cover story. I shall n-no longer be n-known as the human tripod.
I’m in soil. It seemed less of a learning curve for me. I know I didn’t start off with all the details laid out. They were there, just buried a bit. My next journal will be tidier in that regard.
I’m growing under 400W HPS.
The 120W equivalent LED is my veg light.
Thanks for dropping in.
hairy little pistils.. wait till you start seeing those globes on stick trichs matey. Like an acid trip. lol
How did you begin counring your flowering weeks ? , by flip time or onset of first pistils ? .
i have spent years assuming my flowering was always a little over as i counted from light flip and not the flowering start. lol
watched an interesting video found here about leaving them a week after their usual ready time of 30% amber. suggested an extra week to facilitate fementation of sugars deep within the bud that we often halt , then try to restart by curing for weeks. Made sense to try is out as it also gives max potency ( couchlock) which has become a bit of a "negative" outcome now for some reason. The trend to stay aware , awake and active defeats the purpose of creating higher thc producing plants if we harvest to avoid couchlock !!!!!!! Just smoke less each joint ?. . worth a thought
Yeah man I’m with you on the couch lock buzz. That racy THC thing gaining traction with kids today isn’t for me and never has been.
Because these are grown out bagseeds with zero provenance I’m not ticking off the weeks on a seed supplier’s calendar. I have a marker in each pot with the date pistils first showed. There is a five day spread between my three girls. If I’m saying day 24 or 25 or whatever that’s counting days of 12/12. Just checked. First pistils appeared 14 days before flip day.
Another reason to upgrade my loupe is for checking the stickies to see the amber coming on.
Interesting that you say some of the curing people do is to compensate for an early harvest. I clearly need to spend more time reading your journals!
Keep cutting, carcass. I’ve biffed out a couple, but only because I dried them out accidentally, trying to warm them up.
I don’t have the luxury of seed supplies so had to learn to do this. Not confident with it yet, so still happily surprised when things work out.
We looked for seeds for over a year before staring this actually.
I lived on clones alone for years so do have a lot of exp but... The initial growth rate and size is very apparent to seed growing.
for me the the winning formula was using starter plugs over most all else. They do keep the right amount of moisture to offer water to the desperate stem. in a propagater very light misting if no moisture on the inside lid. calmag and ph6.2 water for mister bottle and to dampen plugs if they show signs of drying. Usually this can take about a week to get small roots in to the plug , then begin letting air in the vents for a few days until roots show out the plugs. Bingo, new ladies . It is vital to take the clones from the right place and to make sure no air gets into the open wound with rooting gel/water/powder too. Great for keeper strains or if finances are limited for a run or two but i prefer the vigour of the seed grows now. My 3 month Hulkberry clone is a lot smaller in every way ,except lanky branches ,to her 5 week old neighbours .
Interesting. I’ve been soaking rockwool or peat in water with a bit of superthrive. Haven’t come across cal/mag use this early in a life cycle. It clearly works for you.
I did intend to make one of @InTheShed ‘s spray bucket jobbies for a clone station.
Searched high and low for a water pump we used to have... will revisit at some point.
Stay free, folks!

I did intend to make one of @InTheShed ‘s spray bucket jobbies for a clone station.
I have to say I gave up the aeroponic cloning in favor of ProMix HP in cups with domes. Since I grow in ProMix HP, I didn't like that they had to transition from water roots to soil roots. I generally follow beez0404's method here. I made a few changes but I my clone rate is now close to 100%. I give almost all of them away!

My changes to beez0404's method, for those interested:
• I use Dip'n Grow rather than Clonex gel
• I soak my cups in distilled water rather than Clonex liquid
• I keep mine on an 80ºF heat mat
• I don't start the de-dome process until 7 days, and then I do it at much slower rate than he does

I have to say I gave up the aeroponic cloning in favor of ProMix HP in cups with domes. Since I grow in ProMix HP, I didn't like that they had to transition from water roots to soil roots. I generally follow beez0404's method here. I made a few changes but I my clone rate is now close to 100%. I give almost all of them away!

My changes to beez0404's method, for those interested:
• I use Dip'n Grow rather than Clonex gel
• I soak my cups in distilled water rather than Clonex liquid
• I keep mine on an 80ºF heat mat
• I don't start the de-dome process until 7 days, and then I do it at much slower rate than he does
Thank you! I appreciate you taking the time to help us get this stuff right.
Here we are @carcass ! 100% you heard it here first :) (420 emoticons seem to be having a day off)
Thanks Shed. I’m glad now that I couldn’t find my little water pump. You’ve given me things to try for my next round.

Hey @DonkeyDick ... I enjoyed reading through your journal and I learned a few more things about fan leaves and defoliation; this is still new to me, so it was nice to see how well things worked out for you.

I am going to hang around until harvest ... and hopefully the pistels show up on my plants soon too.

Keep posting those close ups ... I never get tired of looking at the ladies' buds!

Have a great weekend amigo!

Thanks for stopping by Squeak. I’m glad you enjoyed yourself at my place. My favourite kind of visitor - you didn’t leave any dirty dishes.
It’s been :yahoo: watching them grow right up past my little viewing window. I hope to show you a happy harvest in about a while’s time, round then.
Until then I will indeed keep on with the close ups. And keep pressing backspace so I don’t say anything to get me banned because I wouldn’t like to be misunderstood if I said anything ambiguous about just how much I like to look at the stinky, beautiful, delicious, reproductive parts of the female of the species. Mm mmm. Got to be careful.

Day 28
One week after radical defol and you can’t see across the room anymore because they’ve grown so much.
They just had their 2nd feed since defol, so their leaves have lifted up again. Consciously trying to water less often.
Their tops are getting sticky, sticky, sticky. One in particular (Isabelle Red) smells unreal. Likely to be very interesting.
One of the reasons we started this journal was to show a friend who lives out of town what we’re up to in the hope he might visit more. So there’s only him, one other guy and youse million jokers out there who know we’re doing this. :laugh:
Our buddy up the line there is suitably impressed with the pictures he’s seeing here. He last saw them when they were so little. What he doesn’t know though, and what I’m about to tell you now is that trials on the testers we dried this week have been very successful.
A little bit of larf off one of ours is better than a few big old spears we were given this week. Could be something seriously good here.
We’re not counting our chickens. All I’m saying is cluck! cluck!

Beautiful, Double D.

Back
Top Bottom